Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a keeper draft last night....sold my soul for a championship last year though.

3 Keepers, count as the first 3 draft picks...i traded my 4th and 5th rounf picks (so my first two picks) so I had 1 pick in the 6th and 3 in the 7th.

Ive won the last two years but I have my work cut out for me this time.

Keepers were:

Adrian Peterson
Jimmy Graham
Gio Bernard (Gordon ****** me here)

Drafted high potential young guys mostly....Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin leading that group. Cecil Shorts, Trnet Richardson, Terrence Williams, Kapernick.....I feel good about them, the rookies are tough but Im confident in them. Cooks replacing sproles catches and Benjamin AT LEAST getting looks in the endzone.

It was SUCH an early draft and I have #1 waiver on continuous rolling so theres a chance Ill be able to scoop up some good players before the season
Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Have to decide on 4 keepers. I pick last in the first round. Snake draft. .5 ppr.

Forte - Rd 1 (last year to keep)
Dem Thomas - Rd 2 (last year to keep)
Crabtree - Rd 10 (can keep 2 more seasons)
Ben Tate - Rd 8 (can keep 2 more seasons)
TY - Rd 5 (can keep 2 more seasons)
Josh Gordon - Rd 7 (can keep 2 more seasons)
Matt Ryan - Rd 7 (can keep 2 more seasons)

Definitely want to keep Forte and D. Thomas even though they are early picks. Struggling though to decide on what else to do. Gordons ruling is making it hard. The extra year keeper value on him makes it tough considering his rd 7 value. QBs can be had pretty easily in the mid late rounds in my league too. Could possible trade Dem Thomas for decent value and pick someone like Julio at that spot. Killing me figuring this out.
In general, I'm not a fan of keeping a round 1 or round 2 player b/c you can usually get comparable value by simply drafting in that slot. That does change with 4 keepers per team, though. I can't imagine you'd have the chance to select a RB comparable to Forte in round 1 or Thomas in 2, considering there will likely be 40+ players not in the draft pool. I'd throw Gordon back, as he'll likely be available to draft still in the round 7 range. Tate is an interesting prospect, with the potential for studly long term value. Hilton vs. Crabtree is the tough call for me. The value is better in Crabtree with a round 10 cost but I think the upside is better for Hilton, tbh.

Forte / Thomas / Tate / UPick. I can honestly see decent logic in keeping Crabs, Hilton, or even taking the chance on Gordon to play some this year and/or still be good value next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Should I take the first pick in a 10 man .4 ppr league, or the 9th or 10th pick? I feel like I'm leaning towards 1 and getting Shady or AP and still getting a decent RB2 later? talent seems light around 9/10.
If given the chance to get a stud RB like Shady, I'd take him every time. Talent at 9/10 will be WR/TE and they are much easier to replace later than a mega talent like McCoy.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Had a keeper draft last night....sold my soul for a championship last year though.

3 Keepers, count as the first 3 draft picks...i traded my 4th and 5th rounf picks (so my first two picks) so I had 1 pick in the 6th and 3 in the 7th.

Ive won the last two years but I have my work cut out for me this time.

Keepers were:

Adrian Peterson
Jimmy Graham
Gio Bernard (Gordon ****** me here)

Drafted high potential young guys mostly....Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin leading that group. Cecil Shorts, Trnet Richardson, Terrence Williams, Kapernick.....I feel good about them, the rookies are tough but Im confident in them. Cooks replacing sproles catches and Benjamin AT LEAST getting looks in the endzone.

It was SUCH an early draft and I have #1 waiver on continuous rolling so theres a chance Ill be able to scoop up some good players before the season
So three years now ive traded my first and second round picks...took me 13 hours to do it this year.

Landed Julio Jones and mark Ingram and next years 11 and 12 for Terrence Williams and Trent Richardson and next years 1 and 2

Peterson
Julio
Graham

As my keepers next year, I can live with that
Old 08-12-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
In general, I'm not a fan of keeping a round 1 or round 2 player b/c you can usually get comparable value by simply drafting in that slot. That does change with 4 keepers per team, though. I can't imagine you'd have the chance to select a RB comparable to Forte in round 1 or Thomas in 2, considering there will likely be 40+ players not in the draft pool. I'd throw Gordon back, as he'll likely be available to draft still in the round 7 range. Tate is an interesting prospect, with the potential for studly long term value. Hilton vs. Crabtree is the tough call for me. The value is better in Crabtree with a round 10 cost but I think the upside is better for Hilton, tbh.

Forte / Thomas / Tate / UPick. I can honestly see decent logic in keeping Crabs, Hilton, or even taking the chance on Gordon to play some this year and/or still be good value next year.
Yea the RB talent is slim but there are some decent WRs that will be available. Like I said I think I could get Julio Jones at my 2.1 pick. I got a trade offer for CJ Spiller (RD 8, last year to keep) for D. Thomas. Thatd give me my pick at 2.1 for someone like Julio. He also has Ellington RD 11 with two more years of keeper value. Thoughts on either of those?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
So three years now ive traded my first and second round picks...took me 13 hours to do it this year.

Landed Julio Jones and mark Ingram and next years 11 and 12 for Terrence Williams and Trent Richardson and next years 1 and 2

Peterson
Julio
Graham

As my keepers next year, I can live with that
Solid moves. This might be the year to get the max value on a Peterson trade. Maybe play him this year and trade him heading into next season? There's a wall to hit and you're better off getting big value out of his name before he hits it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Yea the RB talent is slim but there are some decent WRs that will be available. Like I said I think I could get Julio Jones at my 2.1 pick. I got a trade offer for CJ Spiller (RD 8, last year to keep) for D. Thomas. Thatd give me my pick at 2.1 for someone like Julio. He also has Ellington RD 11 with two more years of keeper value. Thoughts on either of those?
Spiller is far too risky. He's got too much talent there to vulture production. A contract year is so nice to have, but I'd prefer to roll with the upside of Ellington if forced to choose. Ellington has far less competition with Stephan Taylor and Jon Dwyer behind him on the depth chart. If you're certain you get the big potential stud (Julio or similar) then I'd be willing to make that deal. But there's really no question you're holding a top 5 overall (non-QB) scorer in DT. The only way he misses that mark is injury, with how well that offense is playing.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Spiller is far too risky. He's got too much talent there to vulture production. A contract year is so nice to have, but I'd prefer to roll with the upside of Ellington if forced to choose. Ellington has far less competition with Stephan Taylor and Jon Dwyer behind him on the depth chart. If you're certain you get the big potential stud (Julio or similar) then I'd be willing to make that deal. But there's really no question you're holding a top 5 overall (non-QB) scorer in DT. The only way he misses that mark is injury, with how well that offense is playing.
Was thinking similarly. Might kick myself not going after Ellington in this situation but I'm not completely sold on him either and I honestly have a feeling the owner would put up more of a fight for Ellington too. The Tate/Gordon/Hilton/Crabtree decision is the one thats killing me.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Solid moves. This might be the year to get the max value on a Peterson trade. Maybe play him this year and trade him heading into next season? There's a wall to hit and you're better off getting big value out of his name before he hits it.

I can keep him one more year after this one, julio for 3 and graham for 2.

I actually think he does very well this season, but you are right...I will probably try to trade him at the end of the year if I am not in contention or even after the year to recoup some picks.

Hoping Cooks or Benjamin explode to keeper-quality status.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:06 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Have an ESPN fantasy league looking for more members--draft will be late August, early Sept...12 team, standard format, some defensive players, and head coach points

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/j...2F%2FwAABiU%3D

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Larry Fitz more highly ranked than Michael Floyd this year?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Because you have a crowd of people who are always afraid of the unproven and you have a crowd that always goes with what they know. Some people don't factor the changing of the guard into their rankings. Fitz still gets a lot of love off of name value even if he will still be a good producer in his early 30's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE AN OPEN TEAM IN MY MONEY LEAGUE AND NEED A GOOD OWNER. STUD KEEPERS ALREADY ON THE ROSTER!

LINK TO THREAD

Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Name recognition. Though Fitz was banged up a bit last year, so I don't see a big difference between the two. I'd guess it's likely to be a revisit of the Fitz/Boldin days, where either could go off in any game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
one of my league members is wanting to do an auction for our keeper league (we refreshed this year).

any pros/cons? half of the league is newbish, and i worry that they'll **** themselves in an auction. meanwhile, 4 of us know what we're doing. i've dominated the draft the last 5 years (when it was snake), so i don't think i'm really unbiased.

edited to add: how do you value keepers? i suggested a like, flat $15 cost for up to 4, but then there was crying about "what if he cost $60? you just get him for $12?" as well as "players should recycle after a while. it's not fair that i never get a chance at a guy, just because i didn't draft him."

to which my response is, 'then ******* draft him.' but willing to listen to other resolutions.
I love them, but they take longer and can be somewhat overwhelming for newbs. If they do a few mocks it can make a huge difference, as the auction room can be busy and things go quickly. The biggest downside is that the draft format is inherently longer than a snake draft.

Value at flat rates is really the only way to go. It can be increased each year with a max keep limit of 2, 3, 4, etc. years so eventually everyone finds their way back to the draft pool. The league I have (previous post) has a $100 budget and the keepers can only be 3 years max. Y1=$12, Y2=$20, Y3=$28. The values are somewhat arbitrary and may need to be adjusted as it's year 2 for this league.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never done a 12 team PPR before, and never done a dynasty league before. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Draft is tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thanks man. y3 seems high, like, the most you'll ever get to keep a guy is 1 year, maybe 2 if he's a stud. so why bother drafting for it? i might hit on adrian peterson and get him cheap for the second year, but i'm infinitely more likely to take ryan mathews too high banking on upside, and there's almost no way i'm spending over 1/4 of my salary on one player (depending on starters/bench spots, at least). i think that's where i was having the hardest time balancing.

i ended up on: $200 cap, 20$ first year then a $5 increment every year thereafter. it's just hard for me to think that taking jamaal charles in round 17 (like i did before the reset) should essentially be punished 2 years later because now other people want him. maybe i'm just being a dick because i draft rookies well?
You think that but quickly realize that the talent pool is thin so a big ticket player isn't so tough to swallow. I am really curious to see how mine goes next week tbh. It is year two of the league and i've never been in an auction keeper. So I figured I'd start one. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Never done a 12 team PPR before, and never done a dynasty league before. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated. Draft is tomorrow afternoon.
age should be considered but not the be all end all. It should certainly be a big factor in the first half of the draft. QB and WR have long careers so they are better long term assets.
Getting a beast like Shady would still be my number one pick though. I would think ppr makes it easier to land reasonable depth at rb. The better ff sites will have some dynasty rankings that should help you get a better understanding of that.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Using my phone but here are two good ones.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/rankings/dynasty-100/

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/dyna...p?o=1&PosID=10

Old 08-15-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks, that will help a lot. Busy week at work makes me pretty unprepared.

Those links helped with some philosophies I had been throwing around.

Its looking like I'll have the 5th selection in the draft, I think my big board will be:

1) RB J. Charles KC
2) RB L.McCoy PHI
3) WR C.Johnson DET
4) WR AJ Green CIN
5) WR Dez Bryant DAL

I'd be assured one of these 5, and then I'd either try to take my top RB on the board (likely G.Bernard, L.Bell or D.Martin) or top WR (DT, Julio etc) unless one of the 5 mentioned are still available.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've done auction keeper for a while. Same $100/3 year max setup as Elvis, but the keeper price is based on their initial bid value. It has worked out okay, in my opinion.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Thanks, that will help a lot. Busy week at work makes me pretty unprepared.

Those links helped with some philosophies I had been throwing around.

Its looking like I'll have the 5th selection in the draft, I think my big board will be:

1) RB J. Charles KC
2) RB L.McCoy PHI
3) WR C.Johnson DET
4) WR AJ Green CIN
5) WR Dez Bryant DAL

I'd be assured one of these 5, and then I'd either try to take my top RB on the board (likely G.Bernard, L.Bell or D.Martin) or top WR (DT, Julio etc) unless one of the 5 mentioned are still available.
Pretty solid plan for the top two rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I've done auction keeper for a while. Same $100/3 year max setup as Elvis, but the keeper price is based on their initial bid value. It has worked out okay, in my opinion.
How do you value them? I know we have discussed it before but don't remember.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:52 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if I can trade Wes Welker for an early first in a 16-team keeper and then replace him with Kendall Wright (league is PPR) should I do it? the tradeoff is essentially Welker for Wright + someone like Ben Tate or a rookie - I really want Manziel because the QB scoring in this league is outrageous and we can start 2
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
if I can trade Wes Welker for an early first in a 16-team keeper and then replace him with Kendall Wright (league is PPR) should I do it? the tradeoff is essentially Welker for Wright + someone like Ben Tate or a rookie - I really want Manziel because the QB scoring in this league is outrageous and we can start 2
yes Welker doesnt have much time and Wright outproduced him in everything but TDs, Whisenhunt should get the team in the endzone more, and several of those should be to Wright. Plus Welker really faded after the bye last season, getting only 23 catches in the 5 games for right around 200 yds and 1 td, granted he missed the last 3 games of the season but still
Old 08-16-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Here's the result of the 12 team Dynasty league PPR

QB: Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Jake Locker
RB: Doug Martin, Ben Tate, Rashad Jennings, Mark Ingram, Ronnie Hillman, Bryce Brown
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, Kendall Wright, Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon, John Brown
TE: Charles Clay
K: Steven Houshka
D: Broncos, Bills
Old 08-16-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
definitely make that move. The long term keeper value is certainly in Wright's favor.

Quote:
Here's the result of the 12 team Dynasty league PPR

QB: Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Jake Locker
RB: Doug Martin, Ben Tate, Rashad Jennings, Mark Ingram, Ronnie Hillman, Bryce Brown
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, Kendall Wright, Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon, John Brown
TE: Charles Clay
K: Steven Houshka
D: Broncos, Bills
Really savvy move getting Bryce. The wr core is outrageous. You'll have all the capital you'll need for a long time to address any issues that pop up over time. Really nice lokking team.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
definitely make that move. The long term keeper value is certainly in Wright's favor.

Really savvy move getting Bryce. The wr core is outrageous. You'll have all the capital you'll need for a long time to address any issues that pop up over time. Really nice lokking team.
Thanks I am pretty happy with the results. I'm kind of banking on either Ingram or Bryce to kind of explode in the future, or get another RB by some other means since Jennings is already 29 and will probably only produce this season.

My top 3 WRs are by far the best trio in the league, and then my next ones have huge potential (and Gordon is a proven beast, it's just whether he can play or not but at the price it was well worth it)

I would have liked to get better QBs, but Ryan has the makings to produce big time and should only get better. Eli is valuable backup, and Jake may develop (people were taking guys like Mettenberger, Murray etc so I thought this was a decent selection).

Overall, I was pleased. I think I did a good job of combining production with age. My oldest player is a 33 year old backup QB, my oldest skill guy is 29 and I have the best WR in the game to be paired with two of the best young WRs in the game in Gordon and Julio (if Gordon can get right)
Old 08-16-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate having my pick set before the draft, but if I don't have a top 4 pick (AP, Charles, Shady, Forte) I think I'll take one of Peyton, Brees or Rodgers with my 1st round pick.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So question. In a ten person keeper league, talking some trades with people right now. My three keepers are aaron rodgers, dez bryant and julio jones. Last year i traded alfred morris and vernon davis for an additional second and third round picks in my draft. Guy just offered demarius thomas for my first round pick and my second and third round picks. Basically id be giving up my first to have a line up of aaron rodgers, julio jones, dez bryant and thomas, and id still have my original second and third round picks. Basically would mean i don't get a decent running back but have three incredible young wrs and all id lose is my first really. Best guys on the board in the first would be brees, marshall, stacy. Im thinking of going marshall with the second overall pick in the draft and if he goes first overall id take the demarius trade. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote