Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-17-2014, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that's terrified of Jamal Charles this year? He's going to get run into the ground once again and I'm not sure he's going to hold up. I know I'm going to target Knile Davis pretty high for that reason.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So question. In a ten person keeper league, talking some trades with people right now. My three keepers are aaron rodgers, dez bryant and julio jones. Last year i traded alfred morris and vernon davis for an additional second and third round picks in my draft. Guy just offered demarius thomas for my first round pick and my second and third round picks. Basically id be giving up my first to have a line up of aaron rodgers, julio jones, dez bryant and thomas, and id still have my original second and third round picks. Basically would mean i don't get a decent running back but have three incredible young wrs and all id lose is my first really. Best guys on the board in the first would be brees, marshall, stacy. Im thinking of going marshall with the second overall pick in the draft and if he goes first overall id take the demarius trade. Thoughts?
Is it PPR? If it's not PPR, I probably wouldn't do it.

First thing you have to do is counter offer. Tell him you'll either give him your 1st only or you'll give him the 2nd and 3rd. Then if he declines those two offers, offer your 1st and 3rd. Don't go any more than that.

I'd rather have Stacy than Marshall.

Here's what your proposed trade boils down to:

Option 1:
Demaryius Thomas

Option 2:
Zac Stacy (1st)
Michael Crabtree (2nd)
Brandin Cooks (3rd)

I think there's more value in option 2. Obviously those players would be your choices but I just gave those ballpark examples.

Now if you can get him to let you keep your 2nd, then it becomes a harder decision.

I would definitely take Stacy in the first round if you keep the pick. Starting a team with A-Rod, Dez, Julio, and Stacy is ideal.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking for 1 person for a 12 man 2 QB league. Standard scoring with some bonuses. Buy in is $75. Winner gets $600, 2nd gets $225, 3rd is $75. 4 team playoff (week 13/14 is round 1, week 15/16 is Championship game). All money will be handled via paypal. Draft is this weekend at 7:00 EST, Saturday or Sunday, will confirm later.

If any interest please message me for any other details. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Is it PPR? If it's not PPR, I probably wouldn't do it.

First thing you have to do is counter offer. Tell him you'll either give him your 1st only or you'll give him the 2nd and 3rd. Then if he declines those two offers, offer your 1st and 3rd. Don't go any more than that.

I'd rather have Stacy than Marshall.

Here's what your proposed trade boils down to:

Option 1:
Demaryius Thomas

Option 2:
Zac Stacy (1st)
Michael Crabtree (2nd)
Brandin Cooks (3rd)

I think there's more value in option 2. Obviously those players would be your choices but I just gave those ballpark examples.

Now if you can get him to let you keep your 2nd, then it becomes a harder decision.

I would definitely take Stacy in the first round if you keep the pick. Starting a team with A-Rod, Dez, Julio, and Stacy is ideal.
I was thinking Stacy as well cause I have a lack of rb, but I really don't trust stacy to do what he did last year for me. I also think with Cutler back Marshall is set to have a big year. My original plan was to see if Marshall goes first and if he does take Stacy, but then this trade was proposed and it would give me such a stacked WR unit week in and out.

Also option 1 would still leave me with a second and third, I have two seconds and two thirds this year from a trade I made last year. So ultimately I could get Thomas for just a first while I keep my original draft picks.

I feel like thats why it makes the trade relatively fair. I get one of his keepers and I only lose my first pick which gives me more value than anyone I'd get with that pick in the first place.

Idk, I guess how do people feel about Stacy this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team, .5 ppr league. We starts 2 RBs, 3 WRS, and 1 Flex. How did I do? I have an issue week 4 with byes that I'm well aware of. And my WRs have head issues.

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Eddie Lacy, Zac Stacy, Bishop Sankey, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson,
WR: AJ Green, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Michael Floyd, Dwayne Bowe, Jerricho Cotchery, Kenny Stills
TE: Dennis Pitta
K: Blair Walsh
DEF: New England
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Am I the only one that's terrified of Jamal Charles this year? He's going to get run into the ground once again and I'm not sure he's going to hold up. I know I'm going to target Knile Davis pretty high for that reason.
I picked up Davis...hes so valuable if anything happens to charles, very rare a handcuff player is that valuable even when you dont have the player hes backing up

If charles misses any significant time this year davis turns to put fantasy gold

Last edited by K Train : 08-18-2014 at 04:29 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team sucks.

I normally love my teams, but this year I really pulled **** out of my ass. Fortunately this isn't my big money league. This is a 14 team league, and I think this team blows.

Romo, Adrian Peterson, Gerhart, Julio Jones, Mike Floyd, Gronkowski, Terrence Williams, Browns D, Legatron

I don't think the starters are too bad for a 14 team league, but the bench really sucks. Bernard Pierce, Davonta Freeman, Lance Dunbar, Kenny Stills, Jarret Boykin, Cordarelle Patterson and Shoelace.

I loaded my bench with guys like Freeman, Dunbar and Cordarelle who I think could explode but could also do jack ****. Who the hell is even the backup RB in Minnesota?

I need those $$$$
Old 08-18-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

????

1st: Peterson
2nd: Julio somehow
3rd: Gronk
4th: Gerhart somehow
5th: Patterson
6th: Floyd somehow
7th: TWill
8th: Romo
9th: Pierce
10th: Freeman

I don't love all of your players but you got three guys well before you should have in a 10-team league, let alone a 14-team league...

You play with stupid people.

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-18-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
????

1st: Peterson
2nd: Julio somehow
3rd: Gronk
4th: Gerhart somehow
5th: Patterson
6th: Floyd somehow
7th: TWill
8th: Romo
9th: Pierce
10th: Freeman

I don't love all of your players but you got three guys well before you should have in a 10-team league, let alone a 14-team league...

You play with stupid people.
True.

There's only one other person in this league who's a hardcore football fan as I am. Rest are just casual. A couple girlfriends in this league who don't know anything.

The big $ league will be much more intriguing and competitive.

I don't like Gerhart. His workload will keep RB2 value though.

Furthermore, this has to be the 100th consecutive time I got Romo on my team. Like clockwork he falls amazingly far every year and I snag him late and get a legit fantasy QB.

Last edited by NotRickJames : 08-18-2014 at 05:43 PM.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dropping Eli Manning for Ryan Tannehill in a dynasty league, yay or nay?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say yay, but I might just be a homer so wait for someone else.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I would say don't let preseason fool you. However you felt a month ago, is how you should probably still feel.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Definitely.

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-18-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably yes, but for some reason I'm expecting a bounce back year for Eli.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

A bounceback season from Eli isn't even a valuable thing. Unless you play in an extremely, extremely deep and/or 2-QB league. If that was the case, a guy with more upside in Tanny surely wouldn't be on the wire. I'd take the upside.

- Ko Simpson
Old 08-18-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I would say don't let preseason fool you. However you felt a month ago, is how you should probably still feel.
I'm not really sure as this is a new dynasty. I would say Tannehill has almost as much upside this season as Manning, and long term value is greater as well.

Tannehill just became available after the draft because someone decided to add a WR for depth purposes and cut him. There's 12 teams, and 20 roster spots per team. So QBs are mostly stashed away and nearly every starting QB is accounted for on a roster. My other Qbs are Matt Ryan and Jake Locker.

I've had two votes for Tannehill, so I'll put in my waiver request.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
In general, I'm not a fan of keeping a round 1 or round 2 player b/c you can usually get comparable value by simply drafting in that slot. That does change with 4 keepers per team, though. I can't imagine you'd have the chance to select a RB comparable to Forte in round 1 or Thomas in 2, considering there will likely be 40+ players not in the draft pool. I'd throw Gordon back, as he'll likely be available to draft still in the round 7 range. Tate is an interesting prospect, with the potential for studly long term value. Hilton vs. Crabtree is the tough call for me. The value is better in Crabtree with a round 10 cost but I think the upside is better for Hilton, tbh.

Forte / Thomas / Tate / UPick. I can honestly see decent logic in keeping Crabs, Hilton, or even taking the chance on Gordon to play some this year and/or still be good value next year.
Traded Crabtree for another draft pick which makes things a little easier...My keepers are due Thursday and Im starting to get worried we wont have a ruling on Gordon until Friday...leaning towards keeping Gordon over Hilton at this point...
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
My team sucks.

I normally love my teams, but this year I really pulled **** out of my ass. Fortunately this isn't my big money league. This is a 14 team league, and I think this team blows.

Romo, Adrian Peterson, Gerhart, Julio Jones, Mike Floyd, Gronkowski, Terrence Williams, Browns D, Legatron

I don't think the starters are too bad for a 14 team league, but the bench really sucks. Bernard Pierce, Davonta Freeman, Lance Dunbar, Kenny Stills, Jarret Boykin, Cordarelle Patterson and Shoelace.

I loaded my bench with guys like Freeman, Dunbar and Cordarelle who I think could explode but could also do jack ****. Who the hell is even the backup RB in Minnesota?

I need those $$$$
That's quite solid for 14 teams. Definitely love the upside of your bench. Shotgun approach, but the scatter should be good with the group you have, especially at WR. Matt Asiata is Minnesota's backup but they have a rookie RB that is a classic CoP RB. Jerick McKinnon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Traded Crabtree for another draft pick which makes things a little easier...My keepers are due Thursday and Im starting to get worried we wont have a ruling on Gordon until Friday...leaning towards keeping Gordon over Hilton at this point...
It's tough to pass on the stud upside of Gordon, especially when he is a better round value than Hilton for you. I would go for it. Maybe even try to move Hilton if you can. If you get to keep Gordon for a few years, he's definitely the better keep. I have a hard time seeing his suspension stay as is with all the massive negative PR over his situation vs. the Rice suspension.

Quote:
Not sure I'd rush to have either on my roster, tbh. But Tannehill's upside is the better play.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Not sure I'd rush to have either on my roster, tbh. But Tannehill's upside is the better play.
12 team dynasty league with big roster, everyone has at least 2 QBs on the roster - 31 total QBs are on our roster. Meaning it'd be stupid to not have 2-3 QBs on my roster because you can't just go out and sign someone to start on bye week or if your QB gets hurt for the season.

I've got Matt Ryan, so I'm think Tannehill more of a long term investment than just this season. If he continues to improve, he'll be a solid #1, possibly #1 in a few years.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was offered Rashad Jennings for Torrey Smith.

My WR's and RB's are as such:

Dez Bryant
Jeremy Maclin
Torrey Smith
Justin Hunter
Miles Austin

Reggie Bush
Giovanni Bernard
Pierre Thomas

PPR league. Thoughts appreciated.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're gonna need Torrey Smith

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
I was offered Rashad Jennings for Torrey Smith.

My WR's and RB's are as such:

Dez Bryant
Jeremy Maclin
Torrey Smith
Justin Hunter
Miles Austin

Reggie Bush
Giovanni Bernard
Pierre Thomas

PPR league. Thoughts appreciated.
An RB would be nice but not at that cost. Jennings is a defacto #1 that could very easily be outplayed by Williams.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Jennings for Torrey, especially with Smith in the mix and the presumed return to a run heavy offense with the new zbs which both Rice and Pierce will benefit from. I'd take that trade, I have a feeling Giants will be reluctant to give the reigns to a rookie rb again, at worst I think they split carries, at best you have a #1 rb. I'd take that chance.

Also Elvis, I would love to get your thoughts on that trade I posted. I just worry i would be too thin at rb. My defense of Jennings is mostly due to me wanting to draft him lol.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So question. In a ten person keeper league, talking some trades with people right now. My three keepers are aaron rodgers, dez bryant and julio jones. Last year i traded alfred morris and vernon davis for an additional second and third round picks in my draft. Guy just offered demarius thomas for my first round pick and my second and third round picks. Basically id be giving up my first to have a line up of aaron rodgers, julio jones, dez bryant and thomas, and id still have my original second and third round picks. Basically would mean i don't get a decent running back but have three incredible young wrs and all id lose is my first really. Best guys on the board in the first would be brees, marshall, stacy. Im thinking of going marshall with the second overall pick in the draft and if he goes first overall id take the demarius trade. Thoughts?
Your top 3 picks combined would be an overpay for DT, and that's with the assumption that DT will be top 5 overall non-QB this year. He has everything needed to be the top WR and a truly elite stud. The problem is you're giving up a fairly comparable WR in Marshall (or Stacy at RB) plus two more reasonably valuable assets with the next two picks. The example gpngc gives is a good one, and one in which I would much rather have Stacy/Crabtree/Cooks (your names may vary). As he said, if you can do a 1/2 or a 1/3 that's fine, but all 3 is too much. Think of the assets you'll have with 5 picks from rounds 1-3. Hit on 60% with those picks and you've got solid RBs and a solid WR3 (and/or TE) and you roll into the season with an excellent lineup. Hit on all 5 and it's a championship caliber team with awesome depth.

Ultimately, I think you'll find it much easier to fill the WR3 spot with high upside players in your draft and should absolutely be targeting RB with your early pick(s) in the draft.

Do you have an idea what player will be kept across the league? Will the draft pool be super thin at WR, RB, QB because the keepers will be heavily stacked at one particular position? Link to league - if it's public, perhaps?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Best guys on the board when I pick will be Stacy, Brees, Marshall. I have Rodgers so don't need Brees, and I was thinking of going Marshall if he doesn't go first overall, as I just don't trust Stacy what so ever but if people here have watched him more than I have and feel good about him i'd love to hear it. I need rb, Morris may be available if the guy keeping him elects to take marshall instead. Ultimately I agree I'd rather not give up that much for DT, I just think having the top 3 out of the 6 wrs would be awesome. I think the extra picks make more sense and I can still get a ton of value for them. Gronk may be available as well so thats a risk I could take, same with Rice.

Ultimately I could go Stacy with my first pick (or Marshall who I value higher but don't have a rb) and then have two second round picks and two third round picks. Ultimately that gives me more value than DT, I suppose. Still, Jones, bryant, and Thomas are so sexy.

Also, let me add that I could draft Marshall and flip him for Murray. Would that be an adequate trade?

Could trade Julio for Monte ball as well.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-21-2014 at 11:55 AM.