Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 05-26-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you trade AP's rights for a fourth round pick?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
AP is still a top 30 player, so I wouldnt.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
AP is still a top 30 player, so I wouldnt.
I doubt anyone is going to trade a first two round pick for an injured guy who isn't going to be kept.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must stop with this AP talk. It's AD. AD AD AD AD AD AD AD
Old 05-26-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I send Jeremy Maclin and Brandon Lloyd
I get Brandon Marshall

16 teams + PPR, and I don't have room to keep Maclin & Lloyd. Is that a solid deal?
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
how do you guys think Brandon Lloyd will do this year as a Patriot? I have one keeper spot open to choose between Maclin, Lloyd, and Freeman. Right now, it's Maclin, but I'm trying to trade Maclin+Lloyd for Roddy White. I offered the same deal for Brandon Marshall as well
I like Lloyd a lot this year.

I'd keep Maclin over them though, and def. do that deal for Roddy if he accepts it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no it isn't a seller's market for AP. You'll end up trading him for half his worth assuming its dynasty.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm bumping this as my keeper league manager just sent out emails to activate the league. I can keep two keepers and a rookie. Here are my options:

Adrian Peterson
Gronk
Jennings
Fitz
Freddy Jackson

Rookies:

Helu
Greg Little

I'm probably keeping Helu as my rookie, but chosing two of the above is really starting to confuse me. I don't have a first round pick neither, though it is a late first due to me finishing third.
Scoring makes a world of difference, as Peterson's value dips a bit in PPR. Either way, I'd lean towards Gronk and Fitz as the easy answer due to Peterson's injury status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Any chance Brandon Marshall is a better keeper than Mike Wallace in a PPR league?
I agree w/Shane - if Wallace holds out or heads down the path of disgruntlement, it's a definite consideration. The idea of a weak Oline and no Forte is a scary thought when considering the value of Marshall / Cutler.

Quote:
how do you guys think Brandon Lloyd will do this year as a Patriot? I have one keeper spot open to choose between Maclin, Lloyd, and Freeman. Right now, it's Maclin, but I'm trying to trade Maclin+Lloyd for Roddy White. I offered the same deal for Brandon Marshall as well
I'd rather have Maclin, especially in PPR. Lloyd would be my second choice. White would be a better option than Lloyd for security purposes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lloyd blow up w/all the attention Welker & Gronk should receive.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Scoring makes a world of difference, as Peterson's value dips a bit in PPR. Either way, I'd lean towards Gronk and Fitz as the easy answer due to Peterson's injury status.

I agree w/Shane - if Wallace holds out or heads down the path of disgruntlement, it's a definite consideration. The idea of a weak Oline and no Forte is a scary thought when considering the value of Marshall / Cutler.

I'd rather have Maclin, especially in PPR. Lloyd would be my second choice. White would be a better option than Lloyd for security purposes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lloyd blow up w/all the attention Welker & Gronk should receive.
Yes, it is 1 point PPR.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, it is 1 point PPR.
I like Jennings but he never seems to be the reliable, week-to-week beast that Fitz has proven to be. Fred Jackson is out. Age, injury and competition are all stacked against him. You have 3 uberstuds and one coming off a late season knee. Don't over think it.

Gronk / Fitz / Helu

Old 05-30-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I like Jennings but he never seems to be the reliable, week-to-week beast that Fitz has proven to be. Fred Jackson is out. Age, injury and competition are all stacked against him. You have 3 uberstuds and one coming off a late season knee. Don't over think it.

Gronk / Fitz / Helu
What do you think I could get for the rights of AP and Jennings? I don't have a first or fourth round pick. I think I could get a second for Jennings for a team desperately needing a solid keeper. AP is hard to project though. I have an offer on the table for a fourth rounder, but I think I could get more.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
What do you think I could get for the rights of AP and Jennings? I don't have a first or fourth round pick. I think I could get a second for Jennings for a team desperately needing a solid keeper. AP is hard to project though. I have an offer on the table for a fourth rounder, but I think I could get more.
If there's no loss of a pick to keep then you should try for the full value - sell them for the round in which they would be selected. Don't forget to bump the value a round or two based on the expected number of keepers. Ultimately, though, another team's lack of keepers doesn't necessarily mean you have the position of strength, since you have no leverage to actually keep the asset you're looking to trade.

I'd say round 2 for Jennings sounds good; round 3 is more likely. Round 4 is decent value for a broken Peterson. Both cases would vary some based on the position of the draft pick. Late 2nd / early 3rd for Jennings since he'd likely be an early rd2 pick would be my guess w/no info on number of expected keepers. If it's a long term keeper schedule that changes things considerably, too. Though I assume you'd have mentioned that.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what does everyone think about Doug Martin? thinking about picking him 13 of 16 in my re-draft. everyone keeps 5 offensive players, so talent is thin.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
what does everyone think about Doug Martin? thinking about picking him 13 of 16 in my re-draft. everyone keeps 5 offensive players, so talent is thin.
All the reports are positive so far. Coaches / teammates impressed with him; back into action quickly after an injury; great situation (scheme / coaching style) and should be able to beat out Blount b/c he's an asset in the passing game.

What are you thinking your options will be? With 80 keepers I'd guess you're into Carolina RB / Boldin / type players and I'd be happier w/the rookie.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
All the reports are positive so far. Coaches / teammates impressed with him; back into action quickly after an injury; great situation (scheme / coaching style) and should be able to beat out Blount b/c he's an asset in the passing game.

What are you thinking your options will be? With 80 keepers I'd guess you're into Carolina RB / Boldin / type players and I'd be happier w/the rookie.
you're about spot on. that+any rookies. I'll probably repost the question when I have a better idea of who might make it to me.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Stafford
Joe Flacco
Miles Austin
AJ Green
Ray Rice
Marshawn Lynch
CJ Spiller
Stevie Johnson
Jahvid Best

Pick me 4 keepers out of that for my money league. GO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Matt Stafford
Joe Flacco
Miles Austin
AJ Green
Ray Rice
Marshawn Lynch
CJ Spiller
Stevie Johnson
Jahvid Best

Pick me 4 keepers out of that for my money league. GO!
STAFFORD, GREEN, RICE, LYNCH
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yup.........

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^^^
Easy question

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you needed anymore clarification, this is the answer.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, the problem with that situation is that WR's grow on trees and you can start 3QBs in this league, making QB2 very, very important. So I dont know if I should roll with

Stafford
Rice
Lynch
Flacco

Stafford
Rice
Lynch
Green

Stafford
Rice
Flacco
Lynch
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, the problem with that situation is that WR's grow on trees and you can start 3QBs in this league, making QB2 very, very important. So I dont know if I should roll with

Stafford
Rice
Lynch
Flacco

Stafford
Rice
Lynch
Green

Stafford
Rice
Flacco
Lynch
Can I pick none of the above options?

Stafford
Flacco
Rice
AJ Green

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WRs like AJG don't grow on trees. Starting up to 3 QBs definitely changes things. Mr. Hallam is correct, you keep Stafford, Flacco, Rice, and Green.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Can I pick none of the above options?

Stafford
Flacco
Rice
AJ Green
But what about Marshawn! He's so Beast Mode...And I've utilized a 2 RB system until now and it's been very successful (2 championships in 4 years, this is my bog money league), but Mike Turner isn't a viable keeper anymore now that he's a slow pudgeball.

GAH THE DECISIONS ARE SO HARD!

I do like the look of Stafford/Flacco/Rice/Green though. Very much.
Quote:
Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

Stafford
Rice
Lynch
Flacco

Stafford
Rice
Lynch
Green

Stafford
Rice
Flacco
Lynch
A damn good example of why it's so important to post league/scoring/rules info when asking questions. 3QBs makes quite a bit of difference.

If WRs truly "grow on trees" in this league and there's no cost to keep players, I'd keep Lynch instead of Green.

Personally, I like Green better as a player and Lynch is due to pull some stupid stunt and miss time. He's also due to disappear since he done got paid. Keeping 2QBs, 1RB, and 1WR also provides a bit more versatility in the early portion of the draft.