Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-18-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll join. And win, ha
Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah **** double post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What was it a 10-team or 12-team league?

I think your fine at Receiver, the only concern I would have is Miles Austin with his injuries. And I think Robert Meachem is going to come up huge for you off the bench.

I don't really think Pittsburgh's defense is going to have that good of a season, and I'm not a fan of Mark Ingram's. Not saying he'll bust but with Sproles and Thomas I don't see Ingram getting more than 10-12 carries a game and that could hurt you for a few games. I would deffinetly look for someone on the waiver wire, maybe a Ryan Williams.
Sorry, was a 10-team league. Yeah I agree with that - happy with the depth at WR but not RB. Will definitely be looking on the waiver wire for another RB. Pittsburgh was just a late round pick and I will probably play my D on a week-to-week basis depending on match ups.
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For people who have had their PPR drafts, what pick, overall, was used on Darren McFadden, Steven Jackson, and Trent Richardson?
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
For people who have had their PPR drafts, what pick, overall, was used on Darren McFadden, Steven Jackson, and Trent Richardson?
McFadden went 15th overall.
Richardson went 39th overall.
Jackson went 45th overall.

Thats my big money PPR league.

ESPN rankings has Steven Jackson 35, McFadden 37, Richardson 40 in their PPR ranks.

A mock draft that the "experts" did (12 Team, PPR) Richardson went 20th, McFadden 25, Jackson 32 but I believe that was pre Richardson injury.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Zgonina is owned in 22.8% of ESPN Leagues... and Tyrone Poole is owned by 15.7%. This perplexes me, but I think I like it.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
McFadden went 15th overall.
Richardson went 39th overall.
Jackson went 45th overall.

Thats my big money PPR league.

ESPN rankings has Steven Jackson 35, McFadden 37, Richardson 40 in their PPR ranks.

A mock draft that the "experts" did (12 Team, PPR) Richardson went 20th, McFadden 25, Jackson 32 but I believe that was pre Richardson injury.
I really want to take a chance on McFadden and my first pick is 15... He seems to be a wild card and his draft spot varies heavily from draft to draft. I'm swinging a trade to attempt to get Jackson and Richardson at 30 and 40. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. Since my mid rounders are mostly traded, I want (almost need) to get three quality backs for RB/Flex positions, and in case one goes down, I can always get receivers later in the draft to fill depth in case I need them for a flex.

I do know that a few people in my league have qualms about drafting Mathews, Peterson and Richardson because of their injuries, so I'll use that to my advantage.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
I really want to take a chance on McFadden and my first pick is 15... He seems to be a wild card and his draft spot varies heavily from draft to draft. I'm swinging a trade to attempt to get Jackson and Richardson at 30 and 40. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. Since my mid rounders are mostly traded, I want (almost need) to get three quality backs for RB/Flex positions, and in case one goes down, I can always get receivers later in the draft to fill depth in case I need them for a flex.

I do know that a few people in my league have qualms about drafting Mathews, Peterson and Richardson because of their injuries, so I'll use that to my advantage.
Ah, that's right, you're the one with the surplus of 2nd - 4th rounders. You can afford to take a chance on one of those guys but I wouldn't stock up on injury prone guys. Two at most, because Mathews and Peterson are both 1st round talents if healthy. McFadden as well, but he's on my 'will not draft' list.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just drafted in my first money league yesterday. Ten teams, .5 PPR, we start 2 QB's and a RB/WR/TE so QB is much more of a premium position than in other leagues. Let me know what you think:

QB: Tom Brady
QB: Tony Romo
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Mike Williams
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
K: Sebastian Janikowski
D/ST: Houston
Bench: Eli Manning, Tim Tebow, Evan Royster, Dexter McCluster, Kendall Wright, Jonathan Baldwin

My big mistake in this one was the Manning move, a combination of trying to bid up a guy who was going to get him on the cheap and liking where his value was but it was too much money to invest in the QB position. Cost me a lot of depth and my third receiver slot, where I need one of the three guys I have right now to step up. Going to try to move Romo/Eli for a big time WR and I'll feel a little better about my team if I can do that. Bench is pretty weak, but I like most of my starters and thought I made some okay upside plays. If Sanchez gets hurt or benched Tebow's going to be a valuable trade chip in the 2 QB league, figured he was worth the min bid to stash on my bench.

Last edited by derza222 : 08-19-2012 at 02:26 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

had probably my favorite draft so far the other day... standard 12-team

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Jamal Charles
WR: Eric Decker
WR: Torrey Smith
TE: Jacob Tamme
Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw
D/ST: Arizona
K: Randy Bullock (HOU)

Bench QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick
Bench RBs: Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas
Bench WRs: Nate Washington, Darrius Hayward-Bey, Brandon LaFell
Bench TE: Greg Olsen
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

Greg Olsen is a good pick... I believe Cam targeted him/Shockey over 110 times last year.... that could bode well for a late round flyer if you miss out on Gronk and Graham.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If anybody is down for a Yahoo dynasty league, get in on the ground floor here: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post3089972

We have 7 carryovers from last year (just a vanilla league last year, dynasty starts this year), so I'm looking for 5.
We are down to just one spot left open! FYI we've switched from dynasty to simply a keeper league.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Joined a casual league just to prepare myself for my money league draft....what do you guys think, 12-team league...

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Ryan Matthews
RB: Ben Jarvis
WR: Aj Green
WR: Percy Harvin
TE: Fred Davis
Flex: Isaac Redman
DEF: Bengals
K: Greg Zuehlein

BN: Malcolm Floyd
BN: Alshon Jeffery
BN: Ryan Williams
BN: Mike Goodson
BN: Danny Amendola
BN: Kellen Winslow
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had my big money draft yesterday.

Standard scoring, 10 teams, Non-PPR.

I would really appreciate some feedback.

QB1: Drew Brees
QB2: Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR1: Greg Jennings
WR2: Brandon Lloyd
WR3: Miles Austin
RB1: Matt Forte
RB2: MJD
TE: Antonio Gates
W/R/T: Willis McGahee
K: Seabass
DEF: Texans

BN: Sam Bradford
BN: CJ Spiller
BN: Rashad Jennings
BN: Randy Moss

PS. Should I drop Randy for Denarius Moore, DHB or Santonio
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll join. And win, ha
You didn't join...
Old 08-20-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably making a move to ensure that I can keep Ryan Mathews for this year and I kind of hate myself for it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You didn't join...
Just did, sorry bout that my account was being a ***** so I had to make another one. Ready to win now lol
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished my first auction draft (from the NFLDC auction draft topic.) How did I do?

QB: Michael Vick - Peyton Manning - Tim Tebow

RB: Steven Jackson - Trent Richardson - Michael Turner - Ben Tate - LeGarrette Blount - Rashard Mendenhall

WR: A.J. Green - Victor Cruz - Jeremy Maclin - Santonio Holmes

TE: Coby Fleener

K: Matt Prater

DST: San Francisco
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Doing mock fantasy drafts is taking over my life. BUT I have to hit a homerun in my money league! Do you guys think these actually help?
Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doing mock fantasy drafts is taking over my life. BUT I have to hit a homerun in my money league! Do you guys think these actually help?
same... and yes. I now consistently end up with the same type of draft (and a lot of similar players) and love it.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only have one league that I do that I feel a mock can benefit me. Gives me a good feel for guys who are around in rounds 5-9, especially. Those are where you win it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this?

QB: M. Vick - M. Schaub

RB: A. Peterson - T. Richardson - B. Tate - R. Mendenhall

WR: C. Johnson - A. Johnson - S. Johnson - S. Holmes - M. Crabtree

TE: A. Hernandez - T. Gonzalez

K: G. Hartley

DST: Green Bay
Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock drafts are a useful tool. They give you a reference point on guys you like that aren't top 30 players. They also provide some balance to ADP lists which can draw from all sorts of stupid places. Knowing you can target certain players in middle rounds makes it easier to pull the trigger on early round guys, too, since you can put together a strategy for filling your roster in the middle rounds.

They can also give you a pretty solid idea on which selection strategies will work based on your actual pick, which is key. Sitting at 10 and expecting a guy that never makes it that far can cause an easily avoidable panic.

Obviously they suck if a whole bunch of nobs are running auto pilot after the first 3 rounds, but that's usually a good time to just auto your own team and quit.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not enough people take the mock drafts seriously though. If I were you, I'd just join a couple public leagues of the same size to prepare yourself for your important leagues.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Had my big money draft yesterday.

Standard scoring, 10 teams, Non-PPR.

I would really appreciate some feedback.

QB1: Drew Brees
QB2: Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR1: Greg Jennings
WR2: Brandon Lloyd
WR3: Miles Austin
RB1: Matt Forte
RB2: MJD
TE: Antonio Gates
W/R/T: Willis McGahee
K: Seabass
DEF: Texans

BN: Sam Bradford