Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
anyword on Leach and Vickers? I read the Ravens are interested in Leach and want to bring in a blocking FB
Leach has a lot of interest...sounds like Baltimore, Denver, and Dallas are the primary competition, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Andy Dalton? He wont even see the field with the great Gradkowski on the roster.
Dalton has already been named the Starter for the year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Dalton has already been named the Starter for the year.
I know that's what they said...but I'd put my money on Gradkowski. Consdering he already knows Jay Gruden's offense...maybe in a normal NFL year Dalton starts, but Grad's will probably out perform in camp/preseason with his familarity of the playbook/offense.

I'd rather see Dalton start, myself. But they may be pushed to go the other route.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Andy Dalton. I like him, hope he does well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I know that's what they said...but I'd put my money on Gradkowski. Consdering he already knows Jay Gruden's offense...maybe in a normal NFL year Dalton starts, but Grad's will probably out perform in camp/preseason with his familarity of the playbook/offense.

I'd rather see Dalton start, myself. But they may be pushed to go the other route.
I would rather them throw out Dalton just to see if they have anything in him or do they need to get one of the QBs next year because regardless they will be picking in top 10 next year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-30-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Can any Raiders Fan give me info on Thomas Howard? With Keith Rivers looking like he will be out for a month i figured Howard will end up starting.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
That offense would be pretty damn good. Edwards, Marshall, Bush, Thomas, ..... nevermind ... no QB.
Even with a quarterback it might not be as nice as it seems on paper. Edwards hasn't had a huge year since 2007. Last season was respectable I suppose. Bush would be lucky to survive half the season with an increased role. Not to mention I don't think he's that great of a runningback at the NFL level anyways. Brandon Marshall is bound to get into some trouble.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Can any Raiders Fan give me info on Thomas Howard? With Keith Rivers looking like he will be out for a month i figured Howard will end up starting.
He hasn't done much the past few years in Oakland. He is good LB in pass coverage, but lacks the ability to shed blockers and be a reliable tackler.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also to clear up some of the confusion about Jared Gaither and the Raiders. He still isnt 100% on the roster yet, he has to pass a physical to finalize the deal

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
He's a nice guy who happens to be extremely immature. He'll complain if he doesn't get the ball even if we win. Remember the Hail Mary to Mike Thomas? Sims-Walker was interfered with on the play, but even after he saw that Thomas caught the ball for the win, he stayed on the ground and complained to the official. Very weird.
What the hell. That is odd. I like what Walker brings to the table, but he does seem like he's been surrounded in some controversy the last couple of seasons.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
LOL Irvin said Chad Johnson never had a chance to play with an elite QB until now. Carson Palmer was pretty damn close to elite for a time. Go snort more blow Irvin
Wow that is beyond stupid. I guess the early parts of Carson's career just vanished.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah, I think Richard Mashall is great. Of all the players for the Panthers NOT to resign. Ridiculous.
I actually want Marshall here in San Francisco. We need help at corner bad.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dallas just signed Kenyon Coleman. I like Kenyon, but yeah, our DE situation looked so much better a year ago with Bowen and Hatcher in the fold. Re-signing Spears and signing Coleman, certainly arent upgrades at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts news - RT Ryan Diem cut, RB Joseph Addai to be signed to a short contract w/incentives.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that the Gholston signing by the Bears might just be *the* impact move of the offseason, in hindsight, when we're a few weeks into the season.

He's going to have a fire lit underneath him by Rod Marinelli and will turn into a 12-16 sack monster on that Bears D-Line by playing his true position (DE) and not being forced to play OLB.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:04 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please tell me you are joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe that there's somebody that still believes in Gholston...sometimes players just aren't good. They tried to make him a linebacker, and they gave him a chance to play as a down lineman. If Rex Ryan can't get anything out of him nobody can. I don't care if Vince Lombardi's ghost was his head coach, Jesus was his defensive coordinator, and the genie from aladdin was his position coach...he just sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
I have a feeling that the Gholston signing by the Bears might just be *the* impact move of the offseason, in hindsight, when we're a few weeks into the season.

He's going to have a fire lit underneath him by Rod Marinelli and will turn into a 12-16 sack monster on that Bears D-Line by playing his true position (DE) and not being folrced to play OLB.
Lmao...another gem. I bet the guy wont even sniff 5 sacks lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Lmao...another gem. I bet the guy wont even sniff 5 sacks lol
Some people don't understand that Gholston just isn't very good at football, nor does he have the "fire" to even try to be halfway decent. He'd be lucky to have a single sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's going to have a fire lit underneath him by Rod Marinelli and will turn into a 12-16 sack monster on that Bears D-Line by playing his true position (DE) and not being forced to play OLB.
Really?............Really????

The guy has 0 career sacks and because he's switching coaches he's suddenly going to turn into the most productive defensive end in the NFL?

I repeat... Really?
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I cant tell if you're joking......

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/07/3...one-year-deal/

Kelly Gregg to a one year deal wit the Chiefs. I like it a lot.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/07/3...one-year-deal/

Kelly Gregg to a one year deal wit the Chiefs. I like it a lot.
That is a great signing for KC.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugghh...I just heard ESPN mention Vince Young as "a former pro bowl QB."

Ugh. Just Ugh. I don't care that he was the 9th or 10th alternate that year, I NEVER want to hear those terms used in conjunction with him again.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC must not have wanted to lock Franklin up for more than 3-4 years. This is a solid signing, I think Gregg is one of the more unheralded guys for the Ravens over the last 8 years.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote