Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Richard Seymour.
Do I really need to make a list of the ones that didn't? Because I'll see your one and raise you at least 10.

Additionally, Seymour wasn't a "cast off."
Old 07-30-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure about Ty Warren. He was always a bit overrated, sans that one year. The last year he was healthy, he really looked very average to slightly below even. Hip injuries aren't something to just shrug your shoulders at either. Sad, but I'm not sure he's an NFL quality defensive linemen anymore.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's willing to sign for very cheap...he's worth the risk. I'd love him on Dallas, myself. We could use another DE to rotate in.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I like the Dolphins signing of Kevin Burnett. Not quite as strong vs. the run as Crowder, but has a more well-rounded game. Matt Moore was a quality low-risk signing for them as well.
I was really hoping for Burnett. We just have so little at the position, right now.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ok this....was true maybe years ago. But Moss at this stage of his career wouldn't crack a reasonable "top WR rankings" list while Nnamdi would rarely fall lower than 2nd or 3rd on a top CBs list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Are you being serious?
Guys, I'm not saying Moss is going to be 1 on 1 with Nmandi.

Moss would round out our WR core, and give their 3 CBs a fight. We have an inconsistent 3rd WR, he brings us more stability as the 3rd option, that's my point.

Nicks vs Nmandi = Nmandi neutralizes him

Smith vs Asante = draw

???? vs DRC = ???

Well if it's Mario/Barden/Cruz/whoever else on the roster, I think DRC wins. But if it's Moss vs DRC, I'm betting on Moss to win that matchup.

And that gives our WR core an even battle vs their CB trio.

THAT'S the point I'm trying to make. And for what it's worth, I think Randy is going to have a huge year. But that's based on a hunch.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The CB trio probably wont last...these things always work themselves out, when you have too much talent and not enough PT to go around. All three of these guys are talented starting corners. One will get moved, or injured or something...it always happens. Besides, none of them will be content with a nickel role.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree. Your nickel defense is the new base defense anyway. Your 3-4/4-3 has become a sub package nowadays.

All 3 will see plenty of playing time. And they'd be dumb to move Asante. He's only due 5 mill this year, they're not breaking the bank to keep him. Why not have 3 stud CBs in a passing league? Makes perfect sense to me.

I've said this for awhile now, having 3 good CBs is a must nowadays, not a luxury. Having 2 good CBs is not enough with so many spread packages in the league now.

Your nickel CB is 10x more important than your SAM. Your nickel is your base defense.

The Packers ran a nickel defense basically the whole 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs. Your base defense is a sub package.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah 3 "good corners" we're talking more than just good. Players certainly have egos. They all want to be starting legitmately. You think Asante or DRC would be content covering the slot all game long?

This isnt going to last any longer than one year, if it gets that far. I guarantee it. Whenever there is an over abundance of major talent at the same position, something almost always happens to derail it.

Looks good on paper, but realistically...they're going to have a hard time keeping all three happy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lion-contract/

5 years $90 million for Peyton Manning. I hope they worked it creatively because he'll be counting for about 10% of the cap on his own in any given year of that deal.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
At this point it seems as if San Fran is the best landing spot for a Dre Kirkpatrick or Gilmore next year..I know not what Niners fans want to hear right now but one of them will probably end up better than some of these FAs anyway
I agree with this but they got worse this offseason. I would've been happy keeping Clements then getting a 1st round CB next year. But now our starting CBs are Shawntae Spencer and Tarell Brown. Won't cut it.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh yeah he's out there, but ehhh I'd rather take my chances with Clements. Cromartie just strikes me as a moron. And I never thought he was that great anyways, always getting toasted in San Diego.
They've dumped so much cap it's not even funny. They should sign Cromartie AND bring Clements back on the cheap. Could easily sign them both for what many hoped they'd spend to get Nnamdi.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
They've dumped so much cap it's not even funny. They should sign Cromartie AND bring Clements back on the cheap. Could easily sign them both for what many hoped they'd spend to get Nnamdi.
Honestly I wonder what's taking them so long. Didn't seem like they were being aggressive at all. I don't want them to break the bank on every free agent out there, but go after someone rather than no one. At least one or two positions. Hell all I wanted was an upgrade at corner, where we need help. I know they tried to go after Asomugha, but it seems like they gave up when that didn't work out. I hope they were at least targeting Joesph and Marshall.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The one guy I really wanted signs with Arizona. And there aren't really any free agent corners left. No one notable anyways. Unless we bring back Clements.
I've basically been hearing he is a NB but can play as a #2 CB, think you could tell me a little bit about him?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I've basically been hearing he is a NB but can play as a #2 CB, think you could tell me a little bit about him?
hes fast on madden

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles come to terms with Cullen Jenkins, 5 years 25 Mil
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

What the ****? They dont even need him.

God...I would have gladly payed that price, which isnt even a lot, instead of giving Spears $20 million.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
He's a pretty big guy for a corner and fairly physical as well. Back when Carolina had three decent corners in Lucas, Gamble, and Marshall, I think Marshall usually played in a nickel package...but that's because the Panthers already had two decent starters. Anyways, I personally like his size and physical prowess. And he's still pretty young. I think he would have made a great addition. At least he would be an upgrade over Brown and Spencer as starters. Spencer is barely a decent #2.

Quote:
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like the Miami Heat of the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Is Philadelphia stacking up for a Super Bowl run or something? Do they not think Vick will last long? Curious.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soooo Alan Branch = Cullen Jenkins?

why did he get paid so little(why did branch get paid so much)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF how is that even possible
Old 07-30-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

must've taken a smaller contract to play in Philly. they are beefing up on the D-Line with Jenkins and Babin. Two signings that won't get talked about much but might be as important as any other moves they've made.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Apparently the Eagles plan on starting 15 guys on defense this year. Good luck everyone else. They must have snuck that into the new CBA somewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to laugh if Philly doesn't win it all this year.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles murdered the FA market.

The Cards did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote