Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think Eric Wright is a capable #2 :\
If by "capable", you mean "capable of making opposing QBs all look like Tom Brady", then yes. Chris Houston is a much better player. 2010 numbers:

Houston: 51/85 (60.0%), 542 yards (6.37 YPA), 3 TD, 1 INT, 6 PD, 85.5 rating

Wright: 43/65 (66.2%), 623 yards (9.58 YPA), 6 TD, 1 INT, 5 PD, 121.5 rating

Who would you rather have? Wright's numbers were some of the worst in the NFL in 2010.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Really curious as to where James Jones lands. Rodgers wants him back, Cardinals could use him, Vikings took themselves out of it. Could be a big time player.
just not the Jets like I read somewhere. Anywhere but there. please.
with Cobb drafted, does that make him somewhat expendable?
I think the Pack really only want him back at the right price, right? With jennings, driver, jordyzzzz, Finley and Cobb they've got a ton of talent there. Although Driver's age might be a factor...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real reason why Jones hasn't been signed anywhere is, just like Cullen Jenkins, he's actually not that good.

The Packers saw him every day and were smart enough to recognize that he wasn't part of their "core" team. Surprisingly, the rest of the NFL seems to have been smart enough to have made that observation as well.

James Jones = Jacoby Jones

He's just getting more attention because he won a Superbowl. It's the Alvin Harper effect.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seahawks will release LB Lofa Tatupu. Did not grade out very well last year - play no longer matched cost.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 49ers have no plans to re-sign NT Aubrayo Franklin or OLB Manny Lawson.
I would have liked for the Chiefs to get Franklin but I don't think he is worth big money.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The real reason why Jones hasn't been signed anywhere is, just like Cullen Jenkins, he's actually not that good.

The Packers saw him every day and were smart enough to recognize that he wasn't part of their "core" team. Surprisingly, the rest of the NFL seems to have been smart enough to have made that observation as well.

He's just getting more attention because he won a Superbowl. It's the Alvin Harper effect.
Interesting, I haven't seen much of him, I'm just going based off his potential etc.

Also, if Lofa is cut, wouldn't mind the Giants kicking the tires, but we seem to be content with our group of young guys praying that one emerges...that's gonna be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I think the Pack really only want him back at the right price, right? With jennings, driver, jordyzzzz, Finley and Cobb they've got a ton of talent there. Although Driver's age might be a factor...
He would be a great fit in New York but if he wants to be a #3 with the possibility to start in the near future then he can stay in Green Bay. Even if he lines up at the 4 sometimes here, he'll still get more thrown his way than he would in New York in the slot. He's already familiar with the system too. I don't think he'll ever be a true #1 but a really good #2 and great #3. Driver's age is getting up there but he's still productive. Our receiving corps is loaded with talent and that may detrimental in bringing Jones back with his asking price. Our system has been to build through the draft and extend our core before they hit FA. Nelson, Finley, and Sitton are due big money extensions soon.

What it boils down to is that Jones' asking price is too high for a #3 in Green Bay.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would have liked for the Chiefs to get Franklin but I don't think he is worth big money.
Based on his play in 2009 and 2010, he's worth it as a top-notch run stuffer. However, it's also possible that he was playing for the contract and won't give that kind of production in the future. I would still consider it a quality signing if Kansas City landed Franklin.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
If by "capable", you mean "capable of making opposing QBs all look like Tom Brady", then yes. Chris Houston is a much better player. 2010 numbers:

Houston: 51/85 (60.0%), 542 yards (6.37 YPA), 3 TD, 1 INT, 6 PD, 85.5 rating

Wright: 43/65 (66.2%), 623 yards (9.58 YPA), 6 TD, 1 INT, 5 PD, 121.5 rating

Who would you rather have? Wright's numbers were some of the worst in the NFL in 2010.

How about before last year? I believe last year was Wright's worst, and Houston's best. Chris Houston sucks. It's an upgrade, or at least a worthy gamble for Detroit.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

he was hardly any better than any other WR on the packers team. i dont know why people suddenly go crazy over him

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, surprising how little Detroit signed Tulloch for - one year, $3.25 million.
I think they'll give or have indicated to Tulloch they'll make every effort to give him the long-term extension he's looking for during the season.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top free agents still available:

1) Braylon Edwards
2) Matt Roth
3) Todd Heap
4) Rocky McIntosh
5) Antonio Cromartie
6) Lofa Tatupu
7) Zach Miller
8) Donte Whitner
9) Jamaal Brown
10) Gerald Sensabaugh

There are still other good players (Manny Lawson, Kelvin Hayden, Carlos Rogers) that are still available.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 07-31-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
he was hardly any better than any other WR on the packers team. i dont know why people suddenly go crazy over him
Hardly any better than any other WR? I think that's a compliment considering who we have?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
bearsfan_51
Legend

That's a great signing of Tulloch by the Lions.

ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1) Braylon Edwards
2) Michael Huff
3) Stephen Tulloch (although I'm sure Titans fans will disagree)
4) Matt Roth
5) Todd Heap
6) Rocky McIntosh
7) Antonio Cromartie
8) Lofa Tatupu
9) Zach Miller
10) Donte Whitner

There are still other good players (Manny Lawson, Kelvin Hayden, Carlos Rogers) that are still available.

I believe Huff re upped with the Raiders.
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1) Braylon Edwards
2) Michael Huff
3) Stephen Tulloch (although I'm sure Titans fans will disagree)
4) Matt Roth
5) Todd Heap
6) Rocky McIntosh
7) Antonio Cromartie
8) Lofa Tatupu
9) Zach Miller
10) Donte Whitner

Huff has re-signed with Oakland this morning. Tulloch signed for the Lions about 2 hours ago.

EDIT: I see you have noticed Tulloch's signing.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hot on Roth and Lawson for the Patriots. Either would do. Lawson excites me more because of the athleticism and just the sheer number of things he can do.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Titans are going to have to hope that Barrett Ruud dramatically improves his level of play in Tennessee. Last year, he appeared to regress significantly. Could be an ugly drop-off from Tulloch.
Quote:
Wow, surprising how little Detroit signed Tulloch for - one year, $3.25 million.
Quote:
I like the Lions' addition of Tulloch. Very strong starter at ILB and already a known quantity having played for Schwartz before.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

ARE we talking about the same Stephen Tulloch? the one who is not only terrible against the run, but COMPLETELY incompetent in the pass game. I dont think you will find a single titans fan on this board that isn't happy to see him leave. Oh and after a signing only a 1 year deal you should know what the rest of the NFL thinks about him.... and the fact that chose Barrett ******* Rudd over him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 07-31-2011 at 11:08 AM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints sign Fabian Washington to a 1 year deal

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
How about before last year? I believe last year was Wright's worst, and Houston's best. Chris Houston sucks. It's an upgrade, or at least a worthy gamble for Detroit.
Fair enough - Wright was pretty good in 2009, but dreadfully awful in 2008. Houston was good with Atlanta in 2008, then struggled in 2009. I find it kind of amazing that Wright would get exposed so badly playing for Eric Mangini and Rob Ryan though.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
At this point given the Jets try to be a run first team and now have Holmes, Plax, and Cotchery (who everyone forgets about for some reason but is a good receiver IMO) I think they'd be better off spending their money on other positions (like corner) anyway. I like Jones and think he has a lot of upside, but he's so inconsistent that I'd be really leery of signing him.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Barnett is in buffalo right now on the practice field talking with coaches
Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe no one has signed Zach Miller. He must be asking for the moon.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair enough - Wright was pretty good in 2009, but dreadfully awful in 2008. Houston was good with Atlanta in 2008, then struggled in 2009. I find it kind of amazing that Wright would get exposed so badly playing for Eric Mangini and Rob Ryan though.
Not true at all about Wright. He was very good every year up until this past season. And Ryan's schemes hurt Wright. He was left on an island quite frequently and even with Ryan's blitzes, the Browns still struggled to create pressure. He had a bad year, but Ryan's scheme definitely did not help.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I can't believe no one has signed Zach Miller. He must be asking for the moon.

Pretty surprised as well. Also, apparently the Skins are going after Ahmad Bradshaw. Interesting.