Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Spencer boo I wanted you to reunite with Eli.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Is Spencer any good, or is he "having a shot at being our best lineman" a slam.
Not a very good player. Pretty consistently below average. Then again, Olin Kreutz did not perform well last year either and any contract he signed probably would have been expensive based on his past contributions instead of his current level of play. At least with Spencer, there's some youth.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Is Spencer any good, or is he "having a shot at being our best lineman" a slam.
He's a steady league average center still with some untapped potential. Very athletic but injury prone and some mental errors as well. If you want a comp, he's just like ex-Seattle OL Rob Sims who Lions fans like a lot because he instantly upgraded their interior. Solid but nothing spectacular.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
He's a steady league average center still with some untapped potential. Very athletic but injury prone and some mental errors as well. If you want a comp, he's just like ex-Seattle OL Rob Sims who Lions fans like a lot because he instantly upgraded their interior. Solid but nothing spectacular.
Sounds like he'd automatically be our best lineman without question.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'll take him.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean hell, if we lose Kreutz, I would have settled for Shaun O'Hara.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Not a very good player. Pretty consistently below average. Then again, Olin Kreutz did not perform well last year either and any contract he signed probably would have been expensive based on his past contributions instead of his current level of play. At least with Spencer, there's some youth.
If you were using PFF's OL ratings I would take that with a massive massive grain of salt. Seattle for the past 2 years has had the most combination of OL players. I think we used 13 players for 5 spots in 2010 and 2011. Spencer is the only who has been consistent. Also, this is the same system that thinks Sean Locklear is a good player when its wholly a product of Matt Hasselbeck's quick release. Locklear is a terrible terrible player and one of the worst OL in the game.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hightower signing his tender :D

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I mean hell, if we lose Kreutz, I would have settled for Shaun O'Hara.
You really wouldn't want to do that. O'Hara was godawful last year. He's been below average for 3 years now.

Last year he was so bad I was waiting for Eli to blow out his knee. Constant pressure up the middle when O'Hara played.

The Giants literally had no Centers coming into camp and we STILL cut him. That should tell you how washed up he is.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You really wouldn't want to do that. O'Hara was godawful last year. He's been below average for 3 years now.

Last year he was so bad I was waiting for Eli to blow out his knee. Constant pressure up the middle when O'Hara played.

The Giants literally had no Centers coming into camp and we STILL cut him. That should tell you how washed up he is.
Kreutz was godawful last year. He's been below average for 3 years now.

Last year he was so bad I was waiting for Cutler to blow out his knee. Constant pressure up the middle when Kreutz played.

The Bears literally had no other centers on the roster and we lowballed the **** out of Kreutz. He was so bad O'Hara would have been an upgrade. Chris Spencer looks like a god damned Hall of Famer in comparison.

See what I did there?

I mean....BBD...you saw what the Giants did to us last year. This goes for pretty much anyone other than Cowboys fans...however bad you think your o-line was, the Bears was worse.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 07-31-2011 at 02:06 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun O'Hara can't be bad, ..... he made the pro bowlzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

Also Aubrayo Franklin heading to SF for a visit. Maybe the 9ers wont have such a bad offseason after all.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
They would struggle in the sense that VY isnt a good deep ball passer. Desean is one of the, if not the best deep ball receiver in the league and Maclin is very good as well due to his speed. But these guys have no problem catching short to intermediate passes either, so idk why people dont think that VY couldnt come in for a game or 2 span and be successful.

If he was our starting QB for the entire season however? I would be worried.
God does no one ever watch the titans? (awnser no, why would they?) but Vince has a very good deep ball. He struggles in throwing dump passes and screens. He had the best deep ball % in the NFL before the meltdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills sign Barnett.

3 years, $12 million
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Kreutz was godawful last year. He's been below average for 3 years now.

Last year he was so bad I was waiting for Cutler to blow out his knee. Constant pressure up the middle when Kreutz played.

The Bears literally had no other centers on the roster and we lowballed the **** out of Kreutz. He was so bad O'Hara would have been an upgrade. Chris Spencer looks like a god damned Hall of Famer in comparison.

See what I did there?

I mean....BBD...you saw what the Giants did to us last year. This goes for pretty much anyone other than Cowboys fans...however bad you think your o-line was, the Bears was worse.
I know. But replacing dog crap with cat poo doesn't solve anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Shaun O'Hara can't be bad, ..... he made the pro bowlzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!!
Just goes to show you what a joke the Pro Bowl has become.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The #Titans have agreed to terms with TE Daniel Graham on a three-year deal, sources say
ppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Quote:
Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea!......?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
God does no one ever watch the titans? (awnser no, why would they?) but Vince has a very good deep ball. He struggles in throwing dump passes and screens. He had the best deep ball % in the NFL before the meltdown.
This is accurate - Young is actually at his best from 10-19 yards, pretty strong on passes longer than that, and a little below average on the shorter throws.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
James Jones back with the Packers for 3 years
3 years is just enough time to see if he's legit or not. How much cash is the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Bills sign Barnett.

3 years, $12 million
Always liked Barnett, hope he does well.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like James Casey will now be the starting FB for the Texans.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per PFT...Dennis Dixon has not signed his tender. He wants to be traded to a team with the opportunity to be a starter. I think he is delusional and is nothing more than a spot starter career back up.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, that Tulloch signing was one of the best of this entire off-season.

He's absolutely the *perfect* guy to be playing behind Fairley and Suh. That defense is going to be absolutely amazing up the middle. All they need is a CB or two to round it out.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Per PFT...Dennis Dixon has not signed his tender. He wants to be traded to a team with the opportunity to be a starter. I think he is delusional and is nothing more than a spot starter career back up.
Seattle? hmmm

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
God does no one ever watch the titans? (awnser no, why would they?)
Also, how could they? Outside of the state of Tennessee I'm guessing the Titans aren't shown anywhere else more than once, maybe twice a year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 07-31-2011 at 02:39 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, how could they? Outside of the state of Tennessee I'm guessing the Titans aren't show anywhere else more than once, maybe twice a year.
I understand that, but if you never see anyone play why would you make a dumb comment like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Man, that Tulloch signing was one of the best of this entire off-season.

He's absolutely the *perfect* guy to be playing behind Fairley and Suh. That defense is going to be absolutely amazing up the middle. All they need is a CB or two to round it out.

Quote: