Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is going to be sad.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Huff said he didn't even pick up the phone when other teams came-a-callin'. He said the deal had been agreed to before the lockout, but because of the 30% rule, he had to wait until free agency began to accept the offer.

I fully expect that is the same situation we are seeing with Zach Miller. I believe there is so little buzz about Miller because he just isn't taking calls from other teams. It may seem overly homerific, but when you take into account that it happened with one of the Raiders' other top FAs and the shock from EVERYONE in the NFL over the lack of buzz for Miller, this has to be the reason.

Think about it, the only buzz we have heard since the end of the lockout came yesterday that the Chiefs and Bengals were trying to woo him. Really? For the #1 TE on the FA market and one of the top players at his position, it's going to take a week before teams start going after him? After most of the TEs rated beneath him were already signed or traded?

That said, Zach, if you break my heart and go to the Chiefs, I will break your balls. I have been resigned to seeing Asomugha leave ever since his contract was automatically voided. Miller, on the other hand, is a Raider and should be a Raider for another decade. If he goes to a division rival on the rise... I will hate him for the rest of his days.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
That said, Zach, if you break my heart and go to the Chiefs, I will break your balls. I have been resigned to seeing Asomugha leave ever since his contract was automatically voided. Miller, on the other hand, is a Raider and should be a Raider for another decade. If he goes to a division rival on the rise... I will hate him for the rest of his days.
What an amazing day that would be for me. Just amazing.

Also, Ty Warren visiting KC this week. We need DL depth badly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question. Is the London game cancelled this season, because of the lockout and all?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't include players who could not pass a physical - notables include Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Alge Crumpler, Jared Gaither, and Ty Warren.

RavenOfProphecy's Top 25 Free Agents Remaining

1. TE Zach Miller, Raiders

Young, well-rounded and produced no matter who was throwing the ball.

2. DT Aubrayo Franklin, 49ers

Elite run stuffer last couple of years - does not offer anything against pass.

3. LB Manny Lawson, 49ers

Versatile player who can contribute in every facet - misused by 49ers in past.

4. LB Matt Roth, Browns

Proven strongside linebacker in 3-4 - underrated pass rusher, excels vs. run.

5. WR Braylon Edwards, Jets

High maintenance but extremely talented deep threat with size. Okay hands.

6. DE Shaun Ellis, Jets

Still a dominant player but age prevents him from ranking higher on the list.

7. SS Gerald Sensabaugh, Cowboys

Can give you above average play against both the run and in coverage.

8. LB Kirk Morrison, Jaguars

Quality middle linebacker with some versatility. Still has quite a bit left.

9. WR Malcom Floyd, Chargers

Could rank higher on this list, but is his production a product of offense/QB?

10. RB Ronnie Brown, Dolphins

Very talented, versatile back but has battled injuries and will turn 30 soon.

11. LB Channing Crowder, Dolphins

Force vs. the run but maturity and intelligence are serious question marks.

12. DE Raheem Brock, Seahawks

Did you know Brock recorded eleven sacks and 45 pressures incl. playoffs?

13. DE Jamaal Anderson, Falcons

Young and plays the run very well. Would be a better fit in a 3-4 defense.

14. TE Kevin Boss, Giants

Average tight end who should end up being paid more than he's worth.

15. OT Ryan Harris, Broncos

Athletic right tackle with durability issues. Average run and pass blocking.

16. FB Le'Ron McClain, Ravens

Quality young fullback who was very productive in 2008, and wants the ball.

17. DT Pat Williams, Vikings

Would be ranked higher if he wasn't 38. Dominant run-stuffing nose tackle.

18. CB Carlos Rogers, Redskins

Last good in 2008 but still young and has some interesting physical tools.

19. LB Lofa Tatupu, Seahawks

Knees are scary and play really suffered, but may be able to turn it around.

20. LB Pisa Tinoisamoa, Bears

Was surprisingly effective last year and could bring versatility to a 4-3 defense.

21. OG Leonard Davis, Cowboys

Massive, underrated cap cut who could provide decent play for short term.

22. CB Philip Buchanon, Redskins

Inconsistent but allowed just one touchdown in 2010, deflecting 14 passes.

23. DE Trevor Pryce, Jets

Probably only considering Jets but was productive last year in limited snaps.

24. RB Cadillac Williams, Buccaneers

Decent third-down back who would work well as part of a RB committee.

25. DT Tommie Harris, Bears

Weak vs. run and a shell of former self but could situationally help pass rush.

Last updated: 8/1/11 at 2:09 PM ET

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 08-01-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notable omissions:

QB Marc Bulger, Ravens

WR Derrick Mason, Ravens

FS Darren Sharper, Saints

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 08-01-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You didnt watch Leonard Davis if you say he was above average last year. And if those stupid metric NFL stats say otherwise, they're actually incredibly wrong. The guy was horrible. He was dominated in the run game, was late every time he pulled, and his pass blocking has regressed so much, that he was about to be replaced in Dallas, by an always out of shape Montrae Holland last season. An injury saved Davis' season last year.

He was easily the worst player on that offensive line last year...followed by Marc Colombo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Also, Ty Warren visiting KC this week. We need DL depth badly.
I thought this might happen.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You didnt watch Leonard Davis if you say he was above average last year. And if those stupid metric NFL stats say otherwise, they're actually incredibly wrong. The guy was horrible. He was dominated in the run game, was late every time he pulled, and his pass blocking has regressed so much, that he was about to be replaced in Dallas, by an always out of shape Montrae Holland last season. An injury saved Davis' season last year.

He was easily the worst player on that offensive line last year...followed by Marc Colombo.
I'm not saying I'd build a team around the guy, but I think you're overestimating the quality of offensive guards in the NFL - there aren't a lot of good ones by any stretch. Granted, Davis was deficient in pass protection, allowing five sacks (pretty high for a guard), but the Cowboys were pretty effective running behind him, averaging five yards per carry, second only to Kyle Kosier. I considered including Kosier on the list but I have more questions about his long-term health.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I thought this might happen.
It would certainly be a quality signing if Warren was able to stay on the field - he is a good player when healthy. Then again, it's hard to say how he will rebound from missing the entire 2010 season, and he wasn't exactly considered an iron man before that either. I'd say it's worth a shot for the Chiefs considering Tyson Jackson isn't exactly Richard Seymour.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodrick Bunkley has yet to report to Browns training camp and "no one knows if he ever will."
Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Ahmad Bradshaw has agreed to a deal with the Giants, and Jason Taylor will return to the Dolphins.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Ahmad Bradshaw has agreed to a deal with the Giants, and Jason Taylor will return to the Dolphins.
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM VERY HAPPY TODAY!

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Updated the list of free agents!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're going by metric numbers...I'd suggest you dont, I think they're one of the biggest jokes associated with the NFL. Metric numbers dont work properly in the NFL. They dont nearly paint a proper/accurate picture in most cases. I watched every game, and he was abysmal, Dallas couldn't even run behind Davis at all last year. He didn't play like a starting quality G at all. Metric numbers in football tend to be incredibly subjective or skewed. It's a team sport, it's not like baseball, where indivisual statistics are much easier to guage. There are too many moving parts and complex assignments to forumlate an accurate metric breakdown. And in regard to Davis, the numbers are dead wrong. Time and time again, I see these ridiculous metrics, that arent painting accurate pictures for fans at all. Apparently Quintin Mikell is the best S in football, too. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw has signed. All is right with the world again.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Quick question. Is the London game cancelled this season, because of the lockout and all?
Just google it you lazy son of a *****.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you're going by metric numbers...I'd suggest you dont, I think they're one of the biggest jokes associated with the NFL. Metric numbers dont work properly in the NFL. They dont nearly paint a proper/accurate picture in most cases. I watched every game, and he was abysmal, Dallas couldn't even run behind Davis at all last year. He didn't play like a starting quality G at all. Metric numbers in football tend to be incredibly subjective or skewed. It's a team sport, it's not like baseball, where indivisual statistics are much easier to guage. There are too many moving parts and complex assignments to forumlate an accurate metric breakdown. And in regard to Davis, the numbers are dead wrong. Time and time again, I see these ridiculous metrics, that arent painting accurate pictures for fans at all. Apparently Quintin Mikell is the best S in football, too. :/
Fair enough - I've revised the list a little bit. I for one welcome our new Dallas Cowboys football overlord.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THANK YOU.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Fair enough - I've revised the list a little bit. I for one welcome our new Dallas Cowboys football overlord.
Just telling it how it is when it comes to Davis. Not trying to act football snobbish or anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

The Titans have agreed to terms with DE Jacob Ford! Free agent list update coming!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry if already mentioned but Ty Warren suppose to visit KC sometime this week
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully with Bradshaw back to NY, we can sign Jason Snelling on the cheap. He's not anything special, but he does everything well, and we've gotten a lot of burn out of him.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders talking with recently released LB Lofa Tatupu. He would likely play WLB, with Rolando inside and Wimbley at SLB

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
game still on.only game lost was HOF game