Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders just restructured/overpaid Kamerion Wimbley, opening up cap room for Miller.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait...wut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Al WTF are you doing??? Throw the money at Zach Miller you decrepit senile old s.o.b

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow....Wimbley isn't worth that, I'm sorry. I feel for you Raiders fans...how much longer can Al really go though?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
No Al WTF are you doing??? Throw the money at Zach Miller you decrepit senile old s.o.b
We are, resigning Wimbley saves us a lil under $3M in cap probably just allowing us to squeeze in Millers contract.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 08-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
We are, resigning Wimbley saves us a lil under $3M in cap probably just allowing us to squeeze in Millers contract.
Well...as long as its for the greater good....

If we don't get miller back after pulling this...gon be mad

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Wow....Wimbley isn't worth that, I'm sorry. I feel for you Raiders fans...how much longer can Al really go though?
He isn't worth to be paired as the 4th best LB in football sure, but the guy really stepped up his game last year and was out best pass rusher. He offers us versatility playing OLB and DE on pass downs. I am thinking we were forced to over pay with Millers rumors of maybe going to Seattle. If those rumors weren't out we probably could have saved a little money on Wimbleys contract

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is the kinda money I expected Hali to get Wimbley not so much...
Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
That is the kinda money I expected Hali to get Wimbley no so much...
It probably drives Hali's price up then. Similar to how the Bucs resigning Joseph to a bigger-than-most-people-expected deal may have forced the Falcons to pay Blalock more than they would have liked to.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not worried about breaking the bank on Hali. There are players I would be scared to break the bank on but Hali is not one of them.

I don't think he has even peaked as a player.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard anything about Donte Whitner since the Bengals rumor that apparently is now being reported as false?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Marcus Thomas...I remember in an old Madden, he had something ridiculous like 15 sacks in one season. (I keep track of all the teams when i used to play.) He never had more than 3 after that....
Old 08-01-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
if *that's* a competition, we're well and truly ******. i can't ever remember seeing a qb worse than brady quinn. at any level of football. i've seen pop warner qbs who had better pocket presence and could get the ball within 60 feet of their receiver. if tebow can't even beat that crap out, we should just turn him into a TE already and move on with the idea that this team might compete with anyone for the next decade.
Quinn is just awful. Just...awful. Jimmy Clausen is pretty bad too. He looked like a combination of a chicken with it's head cut off and fish flopping around on dry land last year.

Must be something with Notre Dame QBs...
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't Worry Tebow will beat out Quinn by far.He has the work ethic and dedication by far.Plus is arm power is better as well.Just need to work on that accuracy.I'll be routing for him and hope he starts!

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 08-01-2011 at 07:43 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Quinn is just awful. Just...awful. Jimmy Clausen is pretty bad too. He looked like a combination of a chicken with it's head cut off and fish flopping around on dry land last year.

Must be something with Notre Dame QBs...
I remember when Quinn and Clausen were gonna be successful NFL QBs because they played in an NFL like system and under QB guru Charlie Weis at Notre Dame lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Collins is the worst QB I've ever seen play, and I'm a Bears fan, and lived in Ohio for years and was forced to watch the Browns, so I've seen a lot of awful QB play.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I got to see JaMarcus Russell...I WIN!!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Todd Collins is the worst QB I've ever seen play, and I'm a Bears fan, and lived in Ohio for years and was forced to watch the Browns, so I've seen a lot of awful QB play.
But he knew the system!!

I'm excluding him from this discussion because he truly shouldn't have been anywhere near an NFL field. He was like plan H after guys like Trent Green.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of awful QB's, I see the Panthers signed Derek Anderson. There's a lot of stupid in that organization.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on any RB moves today? I'm trying to figure out who the 3rd back will be to go with Turner and Rodgers. I don't know if they're going to re-sign Snelling, sign a different veteran, or go with two young, unproven guys to back up Turner.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Any word on any RB moves today? I'm trying to figure out who the 3rd back will be to go with Turner and Rodgers. I don't know if they're going to re-sign Snelling, sign a different veteran, or go with two young, unproven guys to back up Turner.
Snelling came into a visit with the Giants as a ploy to get Ahmad Bradshaw to resign with them. It wokred and Snelling left without a deal.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Speaking of awful QB's, I see the Panthers signed Derek Anderson. There's a lot of stupid in that organization.
Could it be they think that poorly of Clausen? You're think they wouldn't need to add Anderson if they liked Clausen.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoops my b bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 08-01-2011 at 08:00 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn...lol...he's so bad. If Tim Tebow is in a competition with him, that's pretty bad...Quinn is beyond awful. Never seen such awful accuracy, hesitancy to throw more than 5 yards, and poor pocket presence. I'm surprised he's still floating around.

As for worst QB ever seen....that award from me has to go to Brian Brohm. WTF happened to him. In Packers camp he was scary bad. Brady Quinn style deficiencies, but maximized.

Anyway....Oakland better resign Miller. He's such a stud. They can not afford to lose him, he's the best player on that offense. And that Wimbley contract is bizarre. Tamba Hali just cashed in big time.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong thread DoughBoy