Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tamba got a 5 yr, $60M deal with $35M guaranteed.

Now we just need to extend Carr.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
than Shawn Merriman. Who the Giants traded that pick for instead of Osi.
Not Rivers though...Anyway Osi opposite of Shaun Phillips is my wet dream, let's make this happen, no time like the present when the price is a 2nd round pick.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Remember when a lot of people thought there was no way he could be a 3-4 OLB?
not gonna lie I was one of those people.I thought he'd be traded because he did'nt fit in a 3-4...man never happier to be wrong
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Not Rivers though...Anyway Osi opposite of Shaun Phillips is my wet dream, let's make this happen, no time like the present when the price is a 2nd round pick.
And 2nd round pick AND you'll probably have to restructure to Charles Johnson type money.
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF Osi is being traded it's to the pats :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Chiefs and Tamba Hali agree to 5 year extension....YESSSSSS
JOY!!! I'm so happy right now!!!!

Quote:
Not going to lie I was one of them. I just didn't think he was athletic/fast enough to play OLB.

I was dead wrong he is never going to cover Gates one on one but is a beast of a pass rusher and improved vs the run his second year in the 3-4.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chiefs and Tamba Hali agree to 5 year extension....YESSSSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Tamba got a 5 yr, $60M deal with $35M guaranteed.

Now we just need to extend Carr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
JOY!!! I'm so happy right now!!!!
ABOUT TIME! And great deal! I thought he was going to get a lot more.

Quote:
I wasn't sure he could but we all knew he gave a ton of effort. We knew he was going to work his ass off and do his best to make the transition. I'm really glad it worked out. My Tamba jersey is gunna be good for another 5 years!

Now it's time to extend Carr, Flowers and Bowe. Hooray. I love you Scott Pioli.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 08-03-2011 at 10:52 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And 2nd round pick AND you'll probably have to restructure to Charles Johnson type money.
Yeah and in return all you get is one of the defensive ends in the game, sign me up
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was one of the non-believers lol I was all happy when KC went to the 3-4....was sure Tamba was gonna blow...Kampman like lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I was one of the non-believers lol I was all happy when KC went to the 3-4....was sure Tamba was gonna blow...Kampman like lol
Sorry to disappoint you! :D

Old 08-03-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So saw this tidbit on ESPN.

Quote:
Hali is the second highest paid outside linebacker in the NFL behind DeMarcus Ware.
And I'm more then fine with that...
Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

Yep, I am too. He deserves it. Now he needs to get his ass in camp!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yep, I am too. He deserves it. Now he needs to get his ass in camp!
And bring a certain rookie LB who's name I won't mention with him... ASS

How about proving something before you hold out JERK!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yep and with the deal Charles Johnson got this deal is more then fair
Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
And bring a certain rookie LB who's name I won't mention with him... ASS

How about proving something before you hold out JERK!!!
I wish I knew what the **** was going on with Houston. I was so excited for that pick and every day he holds out I start to wish we didn't take him more and more.

There are four unsigned players from the 2011 draft. Three are first rounders and the fourth is Houston, the 70th overall pick. He better have a damn good reason for holding out this long.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was also franchise tagged before the extension, that usually gives the player additional leverage when it comes to guaranteed money. It happened that way with Cassel too.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gonna regress...and so is Cassel...and Justin Houston is gonna bust.

And Philip Rivers is gonna get hurt for the year and Norv Turner will do his Norvities and kill their season.

And...well..Denver.....is...Denver..

That leaves only 1 team capable of winning the division...again =P

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
He's gonna regress...and so is Cassel...and Justin Houston is gonna bust.

And Philip Rivers is gonna get hurt for the year and Norv Turner will do his Norvities and kill their season.

And...well..Denver.....is...Denver..

That leaves only 1 team capable of winning the division...again =P

yep losing Nnamdi and Miller really put you in great posistion to win the fivison...:P
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yep losing Nnamdi and Miller really put you in great posistion to win the fivison...:P
Bite me!!

gtfo with your low blows =(

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Trash talk another sign that football is back JOY!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...ntosh-re-signs

Rocky McIntosh resigns with Washington. Really surprised as he's above average as a 43 WLB. Still though he's way better than anything we have despite the Skins fanbase loving Perry Riley for whatever reason. I think with Rocky he can either start beside London or slide to OLB opposite of Orakpo while you groom Kerrigan. In all liklihood though the starters are Orakpo-Fletcher-Rocky-Kerrigan with HB Blades and Lorenzo Alexander as backups. Could use another OLB though. Other than having the worst QB in the entire league our team is pretty set. I love how we turned from an old team with zero depth to a team with just a few players over 30 and talent at most positions. Sure we are favorites in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes but at least there is some hope instead of an underacheiving overpaid group of veterans.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Yeah and in return all you get is one of the defensive ends in the game, sign me up
Ehhh....I don't know.

He's quite good yes, but:

A.) He's 29 and a good, but not freakish Peppers/Mario kind of athlete.

B.) He seems to alternate between good and great years. 2005, great, 14.5 sacks 16 stars. 2006, decent...only played in 11 games. 2007 great, 13 sacks 16 starts. 2009, decent...only 11 starts...last year, great, 11 sacks 16 starts.

C.) For teams like the Chargers, Pats or Ravens, he'd have to move to OLB as his primary role. Plenty of great 4-3 DEs have failed to make that transition.

And then, there's what I initially said in terms of what you'd have to pay. You'd have to make him one of the top paid DEs in the game PLUS give up the first round pick that the Giants want. If the asking price comes down to a 3rd, then you could justify that and the big new contract.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Tambi underachieves after he has one 14 sack season and makes bank.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I hope Tambi underachieves after he has one 14 sack season and makes bank.
I hope you shut up you big jerk! That is what I HOPE.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per a source with knowledge of the cap numbers, here are the seven teams that were in the red: Raiders ($17.3 million), Steelers ($11.5 million), Texans ($8.5 million), Vikings ($5.6 million), Lions ($5 million), Cowboys ($3.7 million), and Panthers ($939,000).
As of today, Minnesota is $2.8 million under the cap. And everyone is signed.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote