Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
McD made Kyle Orton into a stats machine....and also managed to run the Denver franchise into the ground. I fear for Stephen Jackson. Also, Bradford most definitely hit a rookie wall late last year.
Obviously, McDaniels will have no say in front office matters in St. Louis. He will excel at what he does: offensive playcalling and play designs.

Quote:
He had a 1-6 TD-INT ratio over his last 5 games. I'd be a little worried about a sophomore slump to begin with, but throw in learning a new system in an abbreviated offseason may hurt his development.
He was one of the best rookie QBs in history, and one of the smartest kids to ever enter the ranks of the NFL (super high Wonderlic). I predict a Peyton Manning-like sophomore season with 3500+ yards passing and 25+ TDs with less than 16 INTs.

I could be wrong but I feel very strongly that the Rams will be the breakout team this year and Bradford, and the defense, will both be amazing.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marino's was better. A pro bowl in 10 starts as a rookie? Will never happen again. His sophomore year he set the single season passing TD record, which has since been broken by just 2 TDs. He is the gold standard for young QBs.

Plus like I said, Bradford, while fighting for a playoff bid, hit the rookie wall. 1-6 TD-INT over the final 5 weeks is cause for concern. They were running a simplified offense that was easy to defend once defenses started getting tape on him.

I'm not saying he'll be bad, but he's not Peyton Manning yet, and I predict bumps in the road before he could get there.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that worries me in regard to Bradford is his receiving core. I just hope they dont become one of those teams that constantly neglect their QB, by passing on WR talent. I dont want them to be another one of those teams full of a bunch middle of the road 2 and 3s. Get the guy a true #1 if the opportunity is there.

I cant stand teams that so desperatley want their young QB to succeed. But all they do is surround them with oridinary possession receivers. And continue to pass on apparent elite WR talent year after year. It's an annoyance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
He was one of the best rookie QBs in history, and one of the smartest kids to ever enter the ranks of the NFL (super high Wonderlic). I predict a Peyton Manning-like sophomore season with 3500+ yards passing and 25+ TDs with less than 16 INTs.
Cept for the fact the wonderlic don't mean **** one of the most useless stupidest Combine tests there is. lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Johnson resigns with Carolina for $76 million and 6 years.

Sure, the Falcons may have offered "only" $50 million, but over the 6 years, the Falcons are looking at 60+ wins. The Panthers? Probably half that number. Whatever. Have fun losing, loser.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

Sure, the Falcons may have offered "only" $50 million, but over the 6 years, the Falcons are looking at 60+ wins. The Panthers? Probably half that number. Whatever. Have fun losing, loser.
U mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bitter much? haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dude. 26 million dollars is a lot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take the 26 million extra dollars and the longer offseason but maybe that's just me.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith signs with 49ers for 1 year, $5 million.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry, still plenty of time to overpay Ray Edwards or Jason Babin ;)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow, what a baby. At least he'll actually win games unlike you.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Um, really dumb question (?!?!)

But, I thought free agency wouldn't begin until later in the week? And teams could just resign current players / work out trades.

Is this a total open free agency like usual?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Cept for the fact the wonderlic don't mean **** one of the most useless stupidest Combine tests there is. lol
The point in quoting the Wonderlic score is to note that he is smart enough to pick up complex offenses without needing excessive training camp time to learn it. Smart people = learn faster, hence the abbreviated offseason will not affect him as much as, say, it would affect someone who scored far lower on his Wonderlic (like a Jake Locker).
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Alex Smith signs with 49ers for 1 year, $5 million.
Whoo......

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, no. Not only is $26 million not enough to stay at one team over another, but apparently the Falcons will be averaging over 10 wins a season for the next 6 years. How many 10+ win seasons have the Falcons have over their entire team history? 6.

Oh my.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The point in quoting the Wonderlic score is to note that he is smart enough to pick up complex offenses without needing excessive training camp time to learn it. Smart people = learn faster, hence the abbreviated offseason will not affect him as much as, say, it would affect someone who scored far lower on his Wonderlic (like a Jake Locker).
Im not gonna lie...I think that's bad logic. So many great players scored low on their wonderlic test. Again, that test barely means anything.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And despite what you may think of James Laurinitis - the real point in all of this is that Chris Long, Robert Quinn, and Quintin Mikell coupled with Spagnuolo's mind - are the makings of a really good defense.

Oh yeah, and they have this kid named Sam Bradford who is only going to get better with every year, especially with this offensive genius named Josh McDaniels working with him.

Yikes. The Rams will probably be a perennial playoff contender for the next decade.
Please. It might look good on paper, but we still have to see. Signing a bunch of high profile names won't do you any good for sure. Just ask Washington and Oakland. And I'm still not sold on Sam Bradford. McDaniels may make him better we'll see.

Quote:
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, no. Not only is $26 million not enough to stay at one team over another, but apparently the Falcons will be averaging over 10 wins a season for the next 6 years. How many 10+ win seasons have the Falcons have over their entire team history? 6.

Oh my.
lol gotta love homers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, about that...

$26 million > 30 wins.

He's getting close to a million dollars for every game he loses, according to your foolproof calculations (probably). Not to shabby for a consolation prize.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Obviously, McDaniels will have no say in front office matters in St. Louis. He will excel at what he does: offensive playcalling and play designs.

He was one of the best rookie QBs in history
, and one of the smartest kids to ever enter the ranks of the NFL (super high Wonderlic). I predict a Peyton Manning-like sophomore season with 3500+ yards passing and 25+ TDs with less than 16 INTs.

I could be wrong but I feel very strongly that the Rams will be the breakout team this year and Bradford, and the defense, will both be amazing.
Ummmm what? Sure maybe after Flacco, Marino, Ryan, Unitas, Nameth, Roethlisberger and Sanchez.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-26-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post

But, I thought free agency wouldn't begin until later in the week? And teams could just resign current players / work out trades.

From what I understand, they can't sign until Friday, but they can agree to deals now. It's basically a verbal commitment.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone want Johnson so badly?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What does everyone want Johnson so badly?
I certainly don't.

Tee Hee.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post

Free agency has begun....but players cant officially sign until Friday. But we've already seen tons of players agree in principle to deals. There have also been a bunch of cuts...but these dont actually go into effect until Thursday.

But yeah, there is tons of FA action going on right now. Teams are free to talk to and negotiate with all unrestricted FAs. Trades can be worked out in principle as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote