Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what your point was, MOTH, other than to correct me on the style in which the Cowboys have been built. And you're right, they haven't been going crazy in free agency, to their credit.

That still doesn't make them anything remotely close to being a Super Bowl threat. It's only even slightly permissible to bring that up in conversation because the Cowboys were a well-run franchise 15 years ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big Patriots cut today was S James Sanders. Average spot starter/rotational player. I'll miss him, but I don't think the team is much worse off. Still surprising given the lack of proven Patriots safeties.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas isn't a SB contender. Maybe not a playoff contender. They have potential to be explosive with their offense, but that oline is shakey.

Plus their defense is going to be horrible. Rob Ryan is all talk. Only reason why he gets so much credit is because he's Buddy's son and Rex's brother. When has he ever put together a dominant defense?

Never. I'll take it one step further. When has he ever run a defense that wasn't mediocre at best?

Never. He's not an upgrade over Wade Phillips at DC. Wade's resume dwarfs his.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not sure what your point was, MOTH, other than to correct me on the style in which the Cowboys have been built. And you're right, they haven't been going crazy in free agency, to their credit.

That still doesn't make them anything remotely close to being a Super Bowl threat. It's only even slightly permissible to bring that up in conversation because the Cowboys were a well-run franchise 15 years ago.
When I said "compete for a Super Bowl", that's meant with the same context as every other team that thinks they're talented enough to make the playoffs. I was saying, their plan is to actual compete toward that goal, opposed to re-building. Despite the fact, that they just blew up the Line and may start two rookies and an unproven second year center.

Do I really think Dallas is winning the Super Bowl? No. And I never said that. But like damn near every team, that's what their aim is. They're not in re-build mode right now. If the line holds up and the defense grasps Ryan's defense, things can change. If things fall into place, I can certainly see them making the playoffs. But as of right now, I'm just taking it game by game and keeping my expectations low. Dallas performs better as an underdog team, rather than a front runner, anyway. The less media attention or hype they're getting, the better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think the thing about Dallas is we're continually inundated with article after article about the talent there, about Jerry Jones, and about the expectations that team has on them every season and they continually disappoint. I'm not trying to take anything away from them, they're routinely one of the most talented teams in the league, but they're like the Chargers of the NFC (or the Chargers are the Cowboys of the AFC, if you want to act in accordance of history). I'll believe both teams can win the Super Bowl when I see them playing in the game...Until them, I'm a doubter, even with all that talent.
Dallas' talent has been overrated for years, imo. And that's on the media forcing it down your throats. That's not to say that Dallas doesnt have a talented group...they have some outstanding skill position players, who I think can get them to the playoffs for sure. But it takes more than that. I always found it funny how "talented" they've been calling this team for the last few years. But really, Barber has been erratic, Roy Williams was never good, despite what they would say, Leonard Davis/Marc Colombo werent good anymore, our DEs have been average for years, Spencer has been merely average, Brooking is over the hill, our corners are inconsistent, and we havent had good safety play in years. If you would just actually look at our roster, you'd know all this "most talented" team talk was a load of crap. We have a bunch of legitimate star players...but the overall team talent isnt what they made it out to be, especially on the defensive side. Yes, they have some solid/average talent there, but I havent viewed Dallas as the most talented team in many a year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-29-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dallas isn't a SB contender. Maybe not a playoff contender. They have potential to be explosive with their offense, but that oline is shakey.

Plus their defense is going to be horrible. Rob Ryan is all talk. Only reason why he gets so much credit is because he's Buddy's son and Rex's brother. When has he ever put together a dominant defense?

Never. I'll take it one step further. When has he ever run a defense that wasn't mediocre at best?

Never. He's not an upgrade over Wade Phillips at DC. Wade's resume dwarfs his.
This is yet to be determined. I'm really worried about it. With three young guys in there...but all of them have actually been playing fantastic against the ones in preseason. Romo hasnt been getting touched and he's had plenty of time to throw. Felix is seeing holes that he would never see a year ago. But I take it with a grain of salt, until we hit that regular season. It's encouraging at least. There is no depth at all, however. I just wanted to make the point, that you cant really call it shaky or mediocre yet, though. At least until we see it in action.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats cuts are in:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...patriots-cuts/

Jonathan Wilhite and James Sanders are the two biggest names that i recognize.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

What's going on with Brandon Ghee? I heard he was on the bubble. I know he hasnt been good, but I was a big fan when he came out. I wouldnt mind adding a nice skill guy, that you could hopefully mold.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are 750,000 dollars under the cap. Who the hell are they paying? besides Bradford,Jackson,Jason Smith and Long.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Pats cuts are in:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...patriots-cuts/

Jonathan Wilhite and James Sanders are the two biggest names that i recognize.
Wilhite isn't a surprise but J.Sanders is.
I thought it'd be Merrweather that'd be cut or traded.
Never saw this coming. Makes me sad. He's Mr. Consistent.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Wilhite isn't a surprise but J.Sanders is.
I thought it'd be Merrweather that'd be cut or traded.
Never saw this coming. Makes me sad. He's Mr. Consistent.
Quote:
“Tough release on James Sanders,” Bill Belichick said Monday via the Boston Globe. “He’s been a really good guy to have on this team.”
He'll find a new home rather quickly I would think.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no doubt about that. I hope he does well elsewhere... unless he goes to the Jets, of course.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I have no doubt about that. I hope he does well elsewhere... unless he goes to the Jets, of course.
This just in, James Sanders signs with Jets:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gns-with-jets/

Haha, scared you didn't I? You clicked it, you know it.

(disclaimer: it's a joke. did not mean to start a false rumor...just trying to screw with pats fans...)

Last edited by BeerBaron : 08-29-2011 at 04:09 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Oops! Looks like you followed a bad link.

That a joke? Or... ?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nvm...........

Last edited by LTgiants : 08-29-2011 at 04:12 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Oops! Looks like you followed a bad link.

That a joke? Or... ?
Jokes. Probably got your heart racing for a second there though, didn't it?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Jokes. Probably got your heart racing for a second there though, didn't it?
I hate your face! haha... yes, my heart was racing for a bit

Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It is interesting to know that I can just change the link to read however I want to freak people out...this could be fun...
Old 08-29-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett Mills...oh please don't bring back the memories of the 2006 draft :(

Laurence Marooney, Chad Jackson, Dave Thomas, Garrett Mills, Stephen Gostkowski, Ryan Callaghan, etc

Swing and a miss!
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Gostkowski has been pretty good at least.....

The Vikings 2005 still has you beat as the worst draft class in recent history.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erasmus James could have been good if not for injuries. Troy Williamson was just an awful pick.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst pick?

Troy Williamson/Ted Ginn Jr/Darius Heyward-Bey

It's funny that they're all similar WRs, top ten picks and they all sucked ass. You would think that teams would learn from each other.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This just in, James Sanders signs with Jets:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gns-with-jets/

Haha, scared you didn't I? You clicked it, you know it.

(disclaimer: it's a joke. did not mean to start a false rumor...just trying to screw with pats fans...)
Damn you BB. You got me really excited for a second.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I cant really call Williamson an idiot for leaving early, because he went in the top 10. But that ass hole should have stayed. I still have dreams of what could have been with a year Williamson and Rice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-29-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorn View Post
Worst pick?

Troy Williamson/Ted Ginn Jr/Darius Heyward-Bey

It's funny that they're all similar WRs, top ten picks and they all sucked ass. You would think that teams would learn from each other.
Ted Ginn doesn't deserve to be in that class. He's scored 14 touchdowns in his career (which isn't dead just yet), Williamson only scored 4 times, and his NFL career is over.

Heyward-Bey might end up being even worse, though. For all his crazy athletic talents, he's only scored twice, and has one catch in his career over 40 yards.