Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs locking up Jamaal last year for 5 years $32.5 million with $13 million guaranteed looks pretty dang good.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
You guys truly are insane.

This isn't being a homer. Frank Gore is an amazing RB who's been playing for an utterly horrid team.
So he doesn't have injury concerns, and he's an amazing RB, and he just signed for 13 mil guaranteed, and we're insane?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Chiefs locking up Jamaal last year for 5 years $32.5 million with $13 million guaranteed looks pretty dang good.
If he actually gets an an increase in touches and blows up statistically, he'll be the next hold out.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
sucks for him, but awesome now because the giants can sign him cheap next year since he'll be coming off injury!
I hope people are thinking to sign him cheap, because Buddy Nix might like to try to attract a good player at a position of need by paying him as if he hadn't just followed up a disappointing year with a lost season.

But we'd actually have to care about the tight end position for that to happen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How long till he holds out?

Edit: You beat me to it BB, i should really read other posts before replying.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If he actually gets an an increase in touches and blows up statistically, he'll be the next hold out.
All of which will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
All of which will happen.
T-Jones will still get his, though I think Charles will steal some. Plus, they want to work in McCluster as a RB, so that will eat into someone's touches too.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haley is on record saying that he wants Jamaal to take the next step and get more carries, so we'll see what happens this year. I think he'll get a majority though, with Jones and McClain fighting for scraps. Jones really doesn't have anything left in the tank anyway.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
T-Jones will still get his, though I think Charles will steal some. Plus, they want to work in McCluster as a RB, so that will eat into someone's touches too.
I have been saying for 2 weeks now, Sexter will end up with around 100 touches. I like to project at 55-65 carries, 40 catches. In that ball park. His hand offs will become just like a dump off pass to Welker/Amendola steez.

I see him lined up in the backfield, then motioning out, starting in the slot, motioning in to the backfield etc. he will be in so many different spots, it is now about utilizing him properly and executing.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I slighted Jamaal Charles just a little bit by suggesting that he may not get 1000 touches, and every Chiefs fan comes a running ready to fight.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I've never bought into Frank Gore. Yea he's a good RB but he's not as great as some ppl make him out to be imo.
Have you ever watched a 49er game from 2008-2010? Literally the entire offensive gameplan of every game the last 3 years is give Frank Gore up the ball and run it up the middle 25 times a game while facing 8-10 man boxes. How anyone can be productive in that is beyond amazing.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOE beat me to it... If anyone is going to be stealing touches from Jamaal it's going to be Sexter.

I really feel he is going to have a much bigger impact this year.

Outside of doing some dirty work on 3rd down and goal line stuff I don't think McClain will see to many touches.

I'm actually fine with Jamaal hovering around the 250 mark on carries.

Last edited by Splat : 08-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Have you ever watched a 49er game from 2008-2010? Literally the entire offensive gameplan of every game the last 3 years is give Frank Gore up the ball and run it up the middle 25 times a game while facing 8-10 man boxes. How anyone can be productive in that is beyond amazing.
The Bengals the last couple of years have done the samething with Benson and he has been productive and we have to play 2 of the best run defenses in the NFL in the Ravens and Steelers.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Former Patriots safety James Sanders and the Atlanta Falcons reached agreement tonight on a one-year deal.

Via Adam
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
The Bengals the last couple of years have done the samething with Benson and he has been productive and we have to play 2 of the best run defenses in the NFL in the Ravens and Steelers.
Carson Palmer throwing to Ochocinco was a much bigger threat then Alex Smith throwing an overhead pass to Crabtree.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carson Palmer throwing to Ochocinco was a much bigger threat then Alex Smith throwing an overhead pass to Crabtree.
Palmer and Ochocinco have not been good since 2007 and when the Bengals run the ball on 1st and 2nd down everytime the last 3 years it is not hard to guess what they will run.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-30-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Former Patriots safety James Sanders and the Atlanta Falcons reached agreement tonight on a one-year deal.

Via Adam
I've always been a big fan of Sanders, isn't an amazing athlete but a nice all around safety best suited for a situational role.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I slighted Jamaal Charles just a little bit by suggesting that he may not get 1000 touches, and every Chiefs fan comes a running ready to fight.
Who was ready for a fight?

Quote:

Via Adam
Damnit, he would have been nice depth here in KC. Oh well.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Quote:
Palmer and Ochocinco have not been good since 2007 and when the Bengals run the ball on 1st and 2nd down everytime the last 3 years.
Gore still managed to be more productive then Benson with worse QB play, and a stone-aged offensive coordinator and head coach.

Gore was also Smith's top target behind Vernon Davis.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Gore was still managed to be more productive then Benson with worse QB play, and a stone-aged offensive coordinator and head coach.

Bob Bratkowski and Marvin Lewis laugh at this.

RIP themaninblack
Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Who was ready for a fight?
Thomas Jones?

Come on someone was going to say it...

=)
Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

TJ is ALWAYS ready for a fight!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
question away. i'm entertained that your entire counter-argument consists of a weak excerpt from some article, and repeatedly stating that 'he's really good'.
I'm glad I'm entertaining
The "weak excerpt" wasn't a counter-argument. It was merely a comparison between Williams and Gore considering the contract comparison that was brought up previously.

Also, it's difficult to have a counter-argument to protest something outside of disliking a player because he helped to beat you in fantasy football. What kind of argument is that by the way?

Frank Gore has been the one and only consistent target in SF from 2006-2008. Teams keyed on him, stacked the box, and he still put up monster efforts. He's a between the tackles runner whom over his career running against 8-10 in the box consistently has averaged nearly 5 YPC. He has been one of the top receiving threats out of the backfield since he began starting in 2006. In fact, only Steven Jackson has more yards from scrimmage since 2006. Jackson is another monster of a RB whom doesn't get the credit he deserves because of the team he has been on.

I'll admit that Gore hasn't put up huge TD numbers, but that has been the fault of mostly terrible QB play and in many ways worse offensive gameplanning. It's not a coincidence that Gore's two best seasons were when Norv Turner and Mike Martz were coordinators. They both knew, not only how to utiliize Gore, but how to gameplan in such a way as to take the pressure off Gore.

Singletary's attitude of "Smash em in da Mouf" "Fysical with an F" power running did nothing but allow defenses to know what was coming. In fact a defender was on record as saying they knew when it was a run (because Moran Norris would be in the game) and they knew where the run was going ("Just follow Iupati"."

Gore, with all of the offensive drawbacks has averaged about 1,500 yards from scrimmage each and every season he's started (and he's done this while missing two games a year.)

Say you don't like him, fine. Say he's no good, fine. At least tell me why. And maybe it won't be related to fantasy foootballl.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Palmer and Ochocinco have not been good since 2007 and when the Bengals run the ball on 1st and 2nd down everytime the last 3 years it is not hard to guess what they will run.
Palmer is still better than anything the 49ers have had since Jeff Garcia. Even now. And I highly doubt the running game was as mundane as Mike Singletary and Jimmy Raye, a coordinator that has never really ever had a successful offense in his life.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Singletary's attitude of "Smash em in da Mouf" "Fysical with an F" .
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote