Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Goff done for the year, the Giants are reportedly signing Kawika Mitchell.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Butler released, would give the Raiders good 3rd CB or even start over Johnson. Has to get to us through waivers though....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Darius Butler released, would give the Raiders good 3rd CB or even start over Johnson..
Those are some high expectations for a terrible player.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Those are some high expectations for a terrible player.
Have you seen our CB's? If Butler could even be an average CB he would be a huge upgrade

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you seen our CB's? If Butler could even be an average CB he would be a huge upgrade
The grass isn't always greener. Darius looked totally incompetent when he saw the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius is nowhere NEAR average right now. Nowhere near it. Not even serviceable bad. Just frustratingly bad. His career isn't over quite yet because he still has the tools to be a good player, but expect major growing pains. We've been begging for him to step up and play well for years now and he just hasn't done it. Don't expect anything from him early unless something changes dramatically. Dude either gets smoked or looks perfect until the ball comes near the guy he's covering and makes BONEHEADED plays on the ball and his guy.

So yeah, two terrible defensive backs cut this week. Addition by subtraction. I can dig it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come no one is interested in Darcel McBath getting cut? Another well known gem from Alphonso Smith draft. :/
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Butler can be an outstanding boundary corner...

... but he's never shown one play that would make you think he will ever do it. Butler just gets lost when the ball is in the air.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers claimed Butler
Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
How come no one is interested in Darcel McBath getting cut? Another well known gem from Alphonso Smith draft. :/
Alphonso Smith is a perfectly fine nickel guy, they just traded him too early. But hey, they got a season out of one of the Gronkowski brothers, so that's nice...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I survived Deltha O'Neal too, albeit only 16 games of him. That was 16 more than I cared to see, though. Darius Butler was about as rough, for a frame of reference for Panthers fans.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
all people saw in denver were his int numbers. most mis-leading stat lines i've ever seen.
4 in a GAAAAAME, BIOTCH.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason David and Fred Thomas are on the other line guys.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have they said who else put in a claim for Butler? Usually they give out the other teams, curious if there were quite a few or not. I could of easily seen us put a bid in because I'm positive Butler is better then Alan Ball. I challenge anyone to dispute that. Besides Newman is out/sucks as well.

Panthers may as well take that chance and hope he becomes some solid depth maybe more eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whenever you feel down about your team's CB situation, just look at some Fred Thomas lowlights.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Have they said who else put in a claim for Butler? Usually they give out the other teams, curious if there were quite a few or not. I could of easily seen us put a bid in because I'm positive Butler is better then Alan Ball. I challenge anyone to dispute that. Besides Newman is out/sucks as well.

Panthers may as well take that chance and hope he becomes some solid depth maybe more eventually.
Butler allowed quarterbacks to post a 103.8 rating against him for over 12 yards per completion....and that's not factoring in the horrendous amounts of pass interference, illegal contact, and holding penalties he committed. More often than not, a lot of those were deep down the field as well.

I'm not saying the writing is on the wall for him yet. He's shown flashes...but you're really scraping the bottom of the the barrel with Butler right now unless something clicks right away with him. He needs a lot of coaching. He's worth bringing in over someone who just isn't going to get better, but I don't think he's a major upgrade over anyone out there right now with the way he was abused on a consistent basis. Lateral move for some of the worst guys in the league? Maybe.

One of my crazy ideas about watching him the past few years is that he might be better suited as a safety if not for the size issues. When everything is in front of him and he can see stuff clearly, he can be pretty decent.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It blows my mind how terrible Butler was for us and how many people hold out hope for him. I literally felt like it was christmas morning when I saw that we cut his useless ass. No matter how bad your secondary is, Butler will only make it worse. I said it before but I'd rather put 10 guys out on the field than have that scrub giving up plays or getting 10 PI calls a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles sign Joselio Hanson

Quote:
@geoffmosher: Breaking: I'm told Joselio Hanson is back. I think that means he re-signs with Eagles. Stay tuned...
Nobody wanted him?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanson may not be anything great, but he's probably the best 4th CB on any team in the NFL. I think he could at least have been a solid #2 for a team in need, at worst a pretty good nickel.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hanson may not be anything great, but he's probably the best 4th CB on any team in the NFL. I think he could at least have been a solid #2 for a team in need, at worst a pretty good nickel.
He can't handle himself on the outside at all, but he is a great nickel. I think he was 2nd best in the NFL last year as far as yards allowed per completion goes (though I don't know how reliable of a stat that is)

Pretty funny how he wanted to keep his #21 when Nnamdi got here, then he got cut and Ronnie Brown took the number right away. Wonder what they're gonna do about that...
Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
He can't handle himself on the outside at all, but he is a great nickel.
That line gave me a bad flashback to Ricky Manning...
Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are the best players who were cut that are still available? I tried to find a good listing online but couldn't find one.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I didn't hear that anyone signed Olshansky, he's the best I'm aware of.

Garrard also obviously.

Donnie Avery is available and, if healthy, can be a nice deep threat pickup.

Most anyone else I can think of are only spot starters and backup types.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I'm pretty surprised Arizona hasn't picked up Avery yet. Other than Fitz they are very weak at WR, plus Avery and Kolb played together at Houston.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm pretty surprised Arizona hasn't picked up Avery yet. Other than Fitz they are very weak at WR, plus Avery and Kolb played together at Houston.
That makes sense. I'm assuming Avery's ACL hasn't healed correctly/fully.