Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Pereira kind of has a point on this issue. At the same time I'm still ticked on him for defending a call against Shawntae Spencer a few years back against the Vikings. That was the real BS.
As the head of officiating, you weren't going to see him go against many calls when his job is to defend every single one of them even if it means pulling out the rule book and abiding by the most tedious one. Now that he isn't employed by the NFL any longer, I like the firm honesty he speaks with.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
As the head of officiating, you weren't going to see him go against many calls when his job is to defend every single one of them even if it means pulling out the rule book and abiding by the most tedious one. Now that he isn't employed by the NFL any longer, I like the firm honesty he speaks with.
At least publicly. He may have chewed out officiating crews every single week as far as we know.

I know that the crews are "graded" throughout the year, and only the ones with the highest grades get to officiate post season games. So someone goes through and reviews all of the mistakes that are made by the refs. (Of which it seems like there are a ton this year...more than usual at least. Maybe that's because I've been watching a lot of Bears games...hmm...)
Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
At least publicly. He may have chewed out officiating crews every single week as far as we know.

I know that the crews are "graded" throughout the year, and only the ones with the highest grades get to officiate post season games. So someone goes through and reviews all of the mistakes that are made by the refs. (Of which it seems like there are a ton this year...more than usual at least. Maybe that's because I've been watching a lot of Bears games...hmm...)
Well yea, what happens behind closed doors is beyond our knowing.

Didn't Hochuli work a playoff game the same year he blew the fumble call in the Broncos game? I think he was the 'top ref' that year, too.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well yea, what happens behind closed doors is beyond our knowing.

Didn't Hochuli work a playoff game the same year he blew the fumble call in the Broncos game? I think he was the 'top ref' that year, too.
He may have done really well in every other game or something. If you have a class where you have 16 quizzes and you fail one but do well on the rest, you're still going to get a good grade.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should tell the refs not to help the QB to his feet everytime also. That's what teammates are for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They should tell the refs not to help the QB to his feet everytime also. That's what teammates are for.
I noticed that happening a lot in the Giants/Eagles game. More so for Vick than Eli, which is ironic because of what Vick said after the game.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that! That made me mad. What the heck are you doing helping Vick up? Let his OL do that, that's not the ref's job.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I noticed that happening a lot in the Giants/Eagles game. More so for Vick than Eli, which is ironic because of what Vick said after the game.
It was almost every time Vick was on the ground. Not once for Eli. I wasn't really happy with the ref showing favortism like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli was sacked once by Cole (i think it was Cole) where he grabbed his facemask and dragged him to the floor. No flag.

And the refs kept helping Vick off the floor. But no Mike, they're out to get you. Seriously. They hate you bc you're Michael Vick. How dare they.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then stop being a mobile QB and stay in the pocket. Then you may be treated like a pocket passer. That's the solution.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Houston Texas released Steve Slaton today

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Houston Texas released Steve Slaton today
Wasn't he kinda good?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben "The TATER" Tate + Arian Foster >

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For those of you who don't usually click the link...

Sounds like Eagles's fans take after their organization in regards to complaining. But, I agree 100% with him here. You don't take your frustration with the officiating to the media. Ever.
Has Pereirarareara ever come out and said anything that didn't sound like he was still working for the league? This guy's entire job is to go 'NUH UH!' what a joke.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Wasn't he kinda good?
His rookie year was pretty good over 1000 yards and 9 TD's after that nothing.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Eli was sacked once by Cole (i think it was Cole) where he grabbed his facemask and dragged him to the floor. No flag.

And the refs kept helping Vick off the floor. But no Mike, they're out to get you. Seriously. They hate you bc you're Michael Vick. How dare they.
Ed Zachary. I love watching other QBs ***** about getting hit when Eli doesn't even let a peep out about **** like that face-mask-sack.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ben "The TATER" Tate + Arian Foster >
Arian Foster
Ben Tate
Derrick Ward
Steve Slaton
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't the texans run a ZBS similar to what Denver did under Mike Shanahan? Seems like whoever they plug in has the ability to lead the league in rushing any given week, from Slaton in 08, to Foster last year, to Tate this year. At the end of the 08 season I'm pretty sure there was a thread asking who was better betwen Slaton and Chris Johnson and it was neck and neck.

I still think Arian Foster would be a lot less spectacular on most other teams in the league.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Don't the texans run a ZBS similar to what Denver did under Mike Shanahan? Seems like whoever they plug in has the ability to lead the league in rushing any given week, from Slaton in 08, to Foster last year, to Tate this year. At the end of the 08 season I'm pretty sure there was a thread asking who was better betwen Slaton and Chris Johnson and it was neck and neck.

I still think Arian Foster would be a lot less spectacular on most other teams in the league.
Yup, Gary Kubiak was the OC under Shannahan during those SB years in Denver.

We had a thread in the AFC South forum asking who the best RB in the division was. CJ and Slaton just came off great rookie seasons, MJD was extremely promising but was still splitting carries with Fred Taylor and hadn't become a feature back yet, and Addai had just come off a disappointing, injury plagued season after having back-to-back 1,000-yd seasons. I'm pretty sure there was a thread in the main forum too, but I think it included the other rookie RB's too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
Breaking: Jets sign OLB Aaron Maybin to active roster, per source. #nyj

He had a pretty decent training camp and preseason for the Jets and was one of the tough cuts the Jets had to make. Besides, he will be needed to stop the mighty Buffalo Bills anyhow.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
Breaking: Jets sign OLB Aaron Maybin to active roster, per source. #nyj

He had a pretty decent training camp and preseason for the Jets and was one of the tough cuts the Jets had to make. Besides, he will be needed to stop the mighty Buffalo Bills anyhow.
He was on the practice squad?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He was on the practice squad?
No, I'm 99% sure he wasn't eligible for the practice squad so I'm pretty sure he was a FA.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans have signed Donnie Avery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
The Titans have signed Donnie Avery.
Good move. I can't believe he sat on the market as long as he did. Must not be fully recovered from the knee injury.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami picked Slaton off waivers.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote