Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ss-the-season/

Henne to undergo season ending surgery on his shoulder. And I was right about Garrard:

Quote:
David Garrard made it clear this week that he only wanted to sign for some guaranteed money and a likely starting gig, and it appeared the Dolphins weren’t ready to go that far. We’ll see if that changes now.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Sparano. Everyone and their mom knows he's getting fired after this season.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I feel bad for Sparano. Everyone and their mom knows he's getting fired after this season.
....After?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
....After?
If they want to suck for Luck, it should be after.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If they want to suck for Luck, it should be after.
Talking with other Dolphins fans, it does appear that Ross may actually keep Sparano around until the end of the year. Consensus is that Henne injury gives him more time and that if he ends up leaving midseason, it will be due to him resigning as opposed to getting fired.

Also, we signed Sage Rosenfels to be the backup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haley, Sparano, and Del Rio all need to go this year IMO. And does anyone else think Spagnuolo's job may be in danger at the end of the year? Right now he's 8-28 and blew three of the final four games last year to lose the division to Seattle.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Spagnulo will be safe for the rest of this year and next year. Last year he had a rookie QB and they played pretty well. They have lost their starting CBs for the season this year. Both Saffold and Smith are subpar OTs.

Haley's shtick is so played out, I don't think a pro coach should be acting like that on the sidelines. Looks like Weis was more integral to their success than anyone.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs have a top 5 pick I'm sure Haley will be fired.. I'm just worried that we'll get someone even worse as a HC here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If the Chiefs have a top 5 pick I'm sure Haley will be fired.. I'm just worried that we'll get someone even worse as a HC here.
(I don't even need to add my own witty remark!)

Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who refuses a workout? i can see delhomme just being done, but really garrard? you think there's some other *better* team out there just waiting to give a below average qb a starting job?
Garrard must already have some kind of handshake deal, it's crazy to refuse a workout, not even the Dolphins are that bad.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
(I don't even need to add my own witty remark!)

You cut right to the core of me BeerBaron. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You cut right to the core of me BeerBaron. :(
He immediately pisses off and trades away Berry, Charles and Bowe because "they don't fit his system" then proceeds to squander the picks on a terrible RB, so-so DE and a blocking TE who gets hurt immediately and is gone after 2 seasons. And he trades a future first for a terrible CB who is cut after one season.

BUT he would finally have Matt Cassel.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins signed Rosencopter!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Garrard rots away in his couch while he spends the last of his savings paying the mortgage on the house he won't be able to afford in a few years.

What a dumbass. Even if he was on the roster for 8 games, that's a hell of a nice check considering how he doesn't have any other source of income.

Also, how the hell is Sage Rosenfels still getting paid to be on an NFL roster?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hope Garrard rots away in his couch while he spends the last of his savings paying the mortgage on the house he won't be able to afford in a few years.

What a dumbass. Even if he was on the roster for 8 games, that's a hell of a nice check considering how he doesn't have any other source of income.

Also, how the hell is Sage Rosenfels still getting paid to be on an NFL roster?
To the first part: I don''t think Garrard is too hard up after his last contract paid him 6 years, $60 million. (Not sure how much was guaranteed offhand, but it was probably a lot.)

Also, Rosenfels got the job because the other options (after Garrard and Delhomme refused to sign) were:

Brodie Croyle
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Charlie Frye
Old 10-06-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To the first part: I don''t think Garrard is too hard up after his last contract paid him 6 years, $60 million. (Not sure how much was guaranteed offhand, but it was probably a lot.)

Also, Rosenfels got the job because the other options (after Garrard and Delhomme refused to sign) were:

Brodie Croyle
Trent Edwards
JP Losman
Charlie Frye
$18 million guaranteed I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who refuses a workout? i can see delhomme just being done, but really garrard? you think there's some other *better* team out there just waiting to give a below average qb a starting job?
He's not really a football guy at this point. I'm surprised he hasn't retired by now. He seems to be happy enough to just be with his wife and kid. And of course he has millions to sit on.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Thomas got a 3 year extension. I was looking forward to seeing how Gene Smith would handle the players from his first draft class (2009). If Thomas is already getting his extension, I would expect Knighton and Britton to follow sometime this season.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets have traded Derrick Mason to Houston for a conditional draft pick.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
The Jets have traded Derrick Mason to Houston for a conditional draft pick.
Really? I suppose that would explain why they didn't play him during the Pats game then.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dhani Jones offically retired today.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I suppose that would explain why they didn't play him during the Pats game then.
Houston beat writer John McClain tweeted the news about 20 mins ago.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/222/derrick-mason
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Houston beat writer John McClain tweeted the news about 20 mins ago.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/222/derrick-mason
He probably changed the spelling of his last name because he knew he couldn't measure up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers signed WR Brett Swain

can I add zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to the end of his name?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
49ers signed WR Brett Swain

can I add zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to the end of his name?
Yes. He fulfills both the requirements of being white and playing a non-QB skill position.

Brettzzz Swainzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote