Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No. Not at least for my team. If Wallace came to the 49ers, everyone shouldn't expect the numbers he's getting in Pittsburgh. Ben Roethlisberger also has a lot to do with that.
All the best receivers need good QB play to truly excel, but Wallace has speed that just can't be taught.

He's not exactly the type of WR we need in Chicago, but I wouldn't be pissed if we gave that up for him. He'd be a significant upgrade over anything we have.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Mike Wallace's jersey for Christmas. Knowing my luck with jerseys, he'll be gone soon.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
All the best receivers need good QB play to truly excel, but Wallace has speed that just can't be taught.

He's not exactly the type of WR we need in Chicago, but I wouldn't be pissed if we gave that up for him. He'd be a significant upgrade over anything we have.
Wallace is a better version of what the Bears already have. I wouldn't want them to give up a 1st and 3rd. But if they gave up a 1st, I would be fine with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Wallace is a better version of what the Bears already have. I wouldn't want them to give up a 1st and 3rd. But if they gave up a 1st, I would be fine with it.
But he's a LOT better of a version. We have an extra third too...

Again, not what we need at the position but Wallace would be our #1, #2 and #3 receiver compared to what we've got.

We won't do it, but I do love speculation.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Give us your next 8 drafts for Calvin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Give us your next 8 drafts for Calvin.
We need some of those picks for an o-line.

I'll give you all of the odd round picks of this draft, the even picks of next draft, and the odd picks again the following draft.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We need some of those picks for an o-line.

I'll give you all of the odd round picks of this draft, the even picks of next draft, and the odd picks again the following draft.
I cannot compromise from my demands sir. Speaking of which, Calvin's probably going to get an absolutely insane extension, so look out for that this offseason.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You guys are getting Brandon Lloyd and some WR in the 4th round and you will like it.
If it's Tommy Streeter, we'll call it a deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

I'd love to see Tommy go there.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I wouldn't be mad if my 9ers made this move. Not in the least. Wallace, Crabtrees, the Venereal Disease...sounds good to me.
I cant see that happening ever.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Antonio Brown is a better all-around WR than Mike Wallace. :shrugs:

Wallace is an elite deep threat. But I believe he has begun to show himself to be a bit of a one-trick pony.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles traded McNabb to the redskins because they didn't want the redskins to trade for Sam Bradford. They were afraid to face for the next 15 years. According to the Howard Eskin on DP show. I found it interesting.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
How about Marquis Maze? He seems like a good fit in New England's offense.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The Eagles traded McNabb to the redskins because they didn't want the redskins to trade for Sam Bradford. They were afraid to face for the next 15 years. According to the Howard Eskin on DP show. I found it interesting.
People still listen to Howard Eskin lol that guy is an idiot. You need to change stations if you live in the Philly, NJ, DE area 97.5 the fanatic is where it's at.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Brandon Lloyd to New England has been a hot rumor or makes sense, but I saw that Robert Meachem is a free agent. I know the Patriot fans on the board want a deep threat and I firmly believe that Meachem could be that guy in their offense. I'm not sure BB would go after two WRs during free agency, but I think I'd rather have Meachem than Lloyd and then draft a WR pretty high.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
How about Marquis Maze? He seems like a good fit in New England's offense.
I'm just sick of smaller receivers. It works, but it's a real limitation at times too. Maze is more explosive than the guys we currently have, but I'm just not all that enthusiastic about another 5'9 receiver who projects to be better inside. Granted, the fact we have Gronk and Hernandez kind of makes up for that a little bit, but I'm of the opinion that offensive production isn't created equally. I would much rather become more diverse as an offense. I'm not sure a guy like Maze helps with that, even if he's a good fit. The more ways you can beat someone, the harder you are to shut down. That's the one real complaint I have with our receivers right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I know Brandon Lloyd to New England has been a hot rumor or makes sense, but I saw that Robert Meachem is a free agent. I know the Patriot fans on the board want a deep threat and I firmly believe that Meachem could be that guy in their offense. I'm not sure BB would go after two WRs during free agency, but I think I'd rather have Meachem than Lloyd and then draft a WR pretty high.
I would take either of them, but I would really prefer Lloyd. Even though BeerBaron is going to attack me for it, Lloyd both knows and fits the system we run/project to run quite well and does bring a bit of a down field game to him as well. He let's us do some different things than we're able to do with the personnel we have currently. Meachem does that too and perhaps even better than Lloyd, but I feel like Lloyd is the better player and can be had for a bit of a discount with McDaniel's.

I'm hoping that we draft a receiver in the top three rounds regardless though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The FA WR list this year is deep.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would it be a mistake for a team to go after Casey Hampton this off-season? (I'm assuming he gets released which isn't that far fetched)..I just remember Kris Jenkins still playing at a very high level after some injuries to him, and if you can limit his snaps and not make him a full time player I'd like to think he'd provide an upgrade to your run defense in the 3-4.

I'm just sick of Ratliff getting pushed around *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Would it be a mistake for a team to go after Casey Hampton this off-season? (I'm assuming he gets released which isn't that far fetched)..I just remember Kris Jenkins still playing at a very high level after some injuries to him, and if you can limit his snaps and not make him a full time player I'd like to think he'd provide an upgrade to your run defense in the 3-4.

I'm just sick of Ratliff getting pushed around *sigh*
Hampton is old, shows up to training camp out of shape every year, and suffered an ACL injury in the playoff game that won't require surgery. (Partial tear I heard.)

I think his career might be over though if Pittsburgh decides to move on.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what happened with Ratliff? he was always so damn dominant and I feared him almost as I did Ware. Did he fall off this year? I always thought he was DAMN good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

He was perfect for Wade Phillips' scheme. Less so for a more traditional role.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
what happened with Ratliff? he was always so damn dominant and I feared him almost as I did Ware. Did he fall off this year? I always thought he was DAMN good
A wade Philips 34 is more like the 43 with a more athletic set of down lineman and your outside linebacker playing more like an end (in this case Ware, in houston it was Mario) so Ratliff was fine in that scheme.

In the scheme they run now it's more of a traditional occupy space, rather than penetrate and confuse.

They need a big body to run that Scheme. Big snack would be a nice fit and Ratliff could rotate in on passing downs.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant is in jail for getting into a fight with Lil Wayne. Can't make this stuff up sometimes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Lil Wayne is 5' nothing. Was it actually a fight? LOL

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know. I really should have put that's it rumored that this happened.

sig by BoneKrusher