Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyson Clabo is close to re-signing with Atlanta.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babin apparently being pursued by Chicago, he'd be a nice piece across from Peppers. Hard to fathom why they're not in the mix for Gaither, Free or Clabo considering the pounding Cutler took last year.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Weddle signing was premature...the Jags site took it down.

It was first reported on NFL Network, apparently. But it may be wrong.
Good. Good.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Poz there...what happens to Captain Kirk? Was one of my fave Raiders back in the day.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/07/plaxico_burress_to_visit_with.html?utm_source=twit terfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

I think Plax is gonna let the giants have a chance, but this is sounding alot like an ultimatum. The ultimatum being 'hire a different HC and ill come play' by plax.

I still think that if he does in fact land in St Louis that they'll make the playoffs being a legitimate contender.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morrison is a FA, so he's probably gone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Bleh Plax...I was hoping St. Louis was one of the teams that showed interest in given Hurd a legitimate shot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I now this is off-topic, but how will teams go about pre-season? Play your starters more, or play rookies more?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Morrison is a FA, so he's probably gone.
Is he rly?....Come back to Oak!! lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals are rumored to be talking to Robert Gallery.

Bruce Grandkowski close to agreement with Cincy.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expected Poz to be a big part of us reaching the cap floor. And also to, you know, captain our defense as one of our few good linebackers.

But at least we got Thigpen! Le sigh.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

I think Plax is gonna let the giants have a chance, but this is sounding alot like an ultimatum. The ultimatum being 'hire a different HC and ill come play' by plax.
He is in no position to be giving out a ultimatum.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
I now this is off-topic, but how will teams go about pre-season? Play your starters more, or play rookies more?
Some teams without a lot of roster turnover and entrenched guys like Green bay, Pittsburgh, New England probably will have it business as usual. Starters played sparingly the rookies getting majority of snaps.

Teams like Carolina, Tenessee, Washington, Denver with pretty extensive upheaval will probably play their projected starters more. The good news I suppose is with the modified rules for two a days or therefore lack of players will probably be quite happy to get more hours in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Bengals are rumored to be talking to Robert Gallery.

Bruce Grandkowski close to agreement with Cincy.
I'm guessing this means they'll let Evan Mathis walk. Unless Cincy is in the market for a LG?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Wishful thinking,Just be happy we got any compensation. If we couldn't move him this month we'd end up cutting him for nohting since he is owed that 10 mil bonus in September, be happy we get any compensation at all, sure it was a massive failure but at least we get some return unlike Jason Taylor, TJ Duckett, etc.
True...something is better than nothing. Still curious to see what they are going to do in terms of the QB situation. I remember rumors about Leinart and VY. Leinart is off the market and I still do not think Shanahan will touch Vince Young. Matt Moore could be an interesting FA pick up to at least round out the QB corp this year.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Some teams without a lot of roster turnover and entrenched guys like Green bay, Pittsburgh, New England probably will have it business as usual. Starters played sparingly the rookies getting majority of snaps.

Teams like Carolina, Tenessee, Washington, Denver with pretty extensive upheaval will probably play their projected starters more. The good news I suppose is with the modified rules for two a days or therefore lack of players will probably be quite happy to get more hours in.

I'm guessing this means they'll let Evan Mathis walk. Unless Cincy is in the market for a LG?
Evan Mathis said he did not want to come back. He also has had trouble staying healthy. Nate Livings is the Starting LG in Cincy and he is awful. Gallery would be a major upgrade for us.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He is in no position to be giving out a ultimatum.
I think he'll end up in St Louis when it's all said and done, he'd probably love to be back with Eli but Spagnuolo is something of a link of familiarity.

Then again Coughlin may make some concessions and Plax might be a little more humble after his stint in the clink.

Last edited by BlindSite : 07-27-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Schefter
Dallas reached agreement on a four-year, $32 million deal that included $17 million in guaranteed money with OT Doug Free.
Per his twitter

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he'll end up in St Louis when it's all said and done, he'd probably love to be back with Eli but Sparano is something of a link of familiarity.

Then again Coughlin may make some concessions and Plax might be a little more humble after his stint in the clink.
You mean Spagnuolo? Just giving you a hard time man lol

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet that whole ordeal was a heart attack for Dallas. Imagine if they lost him...and Romo is coming back from injury.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
True...something is better than nothing. Still curious to see what they are going to do in terms of the QB situation. I remember rumors about Leinart and VY. Leinart is off the market and I still do not think Shanahan will touch Vince Young. Matt Moore could be an interesting FA pick up to at least round out the QB corp this year.
Leinart apparently hasn't committed to anyone per his twitter. I think he'll end up in Seattle but he hasn't committed.

VY is something of an enigma. Link to philly is interesting but if he couldn't handle titans media and fans he'll probably hang himself in Philly.

Matt moore would be interesting anywhere there's a job open. I think he'll be a late signing due to lack of name recognition but whoever gets him will get someone with serious pro potential.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
You mean Spagnuolo? Just giving you a hard time man lol
Yeah sorry dude, updating the OP and reading through twitter feeds and news sites is scrambling my brain.

I'm at work doing invoicing and orders too lol. I almost sent an order for more stationary to Adam Schefter via twitter before. I need caffine.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Per his twitter
Wow, that's much cheaper than I thought we'd get him for. yay

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Bengals also showing interest in Brandon Jackson. Looks like Benson is prolly done in Cincy.

Also working on getting a Deal done with Joseph.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-27-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think he'll end up in St Louis when it's all said and done, he'd probably love to be back with Eli but Sparano is something of a link of familiarity.

Wrong coach, its Spagnuolo. But I do think that Plax would have alot of respect for him despite him being a DC w/ the giants when plax was there. Spags was a fiery player coach with style and some emotion to him whereas Coughlin is all about discipline.

I definitely think Plax will take a step back and realize the giants were very good to him with the whole situation and his teammates stuck with him as well. He has friends here, starting new for a guy who surrounded himself with bad people (mike vick) is a whole different thing than what happened to plax, so i don't know why the eagles seem like the only team to go to bc they did it w/ vick.

His transisiton with the giants should also be alot quicker in regards to terminology and overall scheme. Better for both parties i feel despite the grudge coughlin and plax seem to have

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PAT SIMS - Do you know if they will resign Leonard? With the WCO being implemented i think Leonard would be a perfect type of receiving FB/RB for them. He did play the third down role when healthy the past two seasons pretty well.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote