Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, it makes no sense to release the best WR option we have if we're attempting to sign Manning. Bowe would likely be included here.

I AM torn about this, though. I love Manning as he has been one of my favorite players since I started seriously following the NFL, but this is the same thing the Chiefs ALWAYS DO. Don't really develop our own guy, we go out and pick up QBs that can win us games.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd do it since it means we could potentially get to a Super Bowl before I die, but it doesn't help the FUTURE of the club, just the present. A big part of me is ok with helping the present because right now our division is so gd winnable..

Like I said I'm torn.
This would be ballsy but with the way the way rookie contracts are now you could possibly sign Peyton and draft his successor the same year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people are pretty confident in Ricky Stanzi. I'm not, but maybe he is the future.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Tony Pauline Twitter:

Quote:
Teams in Indianapolis fully Brandon Carr will end up a member of the Dallas Cowboys via free agency

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-26-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that is really not ok, dammit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh I hate the Cowboys. That would be awful. Hopefully Bowe signs soon so we can use the tag on Carr and use him as tradebait!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Makes sense for obvious reasons. I think Carr is good but he doesn't scare me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Makes sense for obvious reasons. I think Carr is good but he doesn't scare me.
Cowboys don't truly need corners that will scare people though as Ryan's D is predicated on pressure. Good corners is all they need, not great ones (though great ones would not hurt).
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Cowboys don't truly need corners that will scare people though as Ryan's D is predicated on pressure. Good corners is all they need, not great ones (though great ones would not hurt).
Sign Carr, cut Newman, get Scandrick healthy to play the nickel and somehow get Mike Jenkins to play like he did a few years back instead of sucking like he has recently, and you have a not-terrible CB corps.

Also, don't resign Alan Ball. Dear god don't resign Alan Ball.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Sign Carr, cut Newman, get Scandrick healthy to play the nickel and somehow get Mike Jenkins to play like he did a few years back instead of sucking like he has recently, and you have a not-terrible CB corps.

I'd also add another corner by way of the draft, 2nd or 3rd round just in case Jenkins never gets back to that form.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I'd also add another corner by way of the draft, 2nd or 3rd round just in case Jenkins never gets back to that form.
Indeed. You can never have too many corners in this day and age anyway.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Qwell Jackson has re-signed with Cleveland on a five-year, $42.5 million deal that includes $19m in guaranteed money and roster bonuses.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
D'Qwell Jackson has re-signed with Cleveland on a five-year, $42.5 million deal that includes $19m in guaranteed money and roster bonuses.
I hope that the Pectoral injuries are behind him. He's a bit risky for a big investment like this, but then again it's not like the Browns have a ton of good players to spend money on anyways.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I hope that the Pectoral injuries are behind him. He's a bit risky for a big investment like this, but then again it's not like the Browns have a ton of good players to spend money on anyways.
There will almost certainly be some kind of injury protection in that deal. The guy has torn both of his chest muscles and has been healthy for 1 of the past 3 seasons...granted, he played great in that 1 season, but still...it's a risk.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the cowboys don't draft secondary, that's silly. since jenkins and scandrick they just draft 5th rounders and than cut them and roll with alan ball and it's awesome.

See, Carr is good, which is a zillion times better than hurt newman, hurt jenkins and scandrick. and alan ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the cowboys don't draft secondary, that's silly. since jenkins and scandrick they just draft 5th rounders and than cut them and roll with alan ball and it's awesome.

See, Carr is good, which is a zillion times better than hurt newman, hurt jenkins and scandrick. and alan ball.
That sounds like the Raiders.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Teams in Indianapolis fully believe Brandon Carr will end up a member of the Dallas Cowboys.
Not a surprise.

The Chiefs never planned to pay him anywhere near what he is going to get in FA.

I was pist at first but it is what it is.

I just wish they would use that money else where in FA but I highly doubt it.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

FA hasn't even started yet. I have a feeling Pioli will be active.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals should be absolutely active in FA.
But we wont.
So yay!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would there be any benefit to kind of stash your money away this year for the future, meaning you'd have more money to spend next year when you have to pay 89% of the cap?

Or would you be better off blowing a ton of money this offseason and not having much for next year?

I just wondered if people thought perhaps the new CBA would effect how free agency really works, like if less players will hit free agency in the future because teams will spend a little more to resign a known entity.

I've already seen a team like my Titans extending guys who really aren't essential players on the team like Hawkins, Otto and Stevens while potentially letting some elite talent walk (finnegan). Could this be a way for teams to try to develop players better and keep them on the team longer than they did under the old CBA?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on the team.
If your the Bengals, you should make a big splash and spend the money now since a lot of players in FA fit our needs. We could easily sign 2 top names and have plenty left over with our cap space.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad Brooks signed a six-year extension with San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Interesting. I figured he'd be lower on the priority list than say, Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting. I figured he'd be lower on the priority list than say, Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson.
Smith will get done, Goldson may get the tag. I do want Rodgers locked up though, but the price is going to be interesting. Hard to put a value on him.

Interested to see the breakdown on Brooks deal. All I see is it can be up to 44.5 million over the 6 years.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ahmad Brooks signed a six-year extension with San Francisco.
Moving to a 3-4 was the best thing for him.
I remember him in our 4-3 and he couldnt read an offense to save his life.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-28-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jenkins was fantastic this year. His problem was that he was always banged up. But even in that state, he was great. So hopefully he can just stay healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote