Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morgan Burnett has a bright future at safety!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin isnt killing it beacause he is puss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
There are a lot of up can coming safties, so the pool is about to grow

Jenkins
Chancellor
Thomas
Berry
Byrd ?
TJ Ward

and then guys I ask the question to
why you not killing it?
Kenny Phillips
Laron Landry
Tom Z
Griffin
Huff

What happened to that safety on the Redskins, not Landry. Thornton I believe.
Gotta add Burnett to that list, of up and comers.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For any team that really needs a backup, Drew Stanton is probably done with the Lions and he'd be a really solid backup if given the chance.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines Ward is getting the Axe. we knew it was coming.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article..._breaking_news

next Casey Hampton.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
His contract is in their range... that's not a good allocation of funds.
The contract is max 44 mil. I would gather its heavily backloaded and is really around 5-6 mil a year. With the kickers and incentives, it could avg to around 7 mil, if he meets those requirements. The key is the 17.5 mil guantanteed. Thats the main number and a steal really for a very good 3-4 OLB, still in his prime and yet to reach his full potential. No question, Brooks could have scored a more lucrative deal if he hit the market. Even if he plays out of his mind, its doubtful he'll still be around to recieve the max(he'll be 34 if he reaches the final year of the deal). So maybe early in the deal, with stellar play, yes the 7 mil per year is a reachable figure. And if that's the case, he'd be worth it at that point. But if he's the steady, solid contributor he was last year, more around 5-6 mil a year. Will have to wait until the details of the the deal are made public but I believe its something along those lines.

Brooks is very important part of our defense. He plays the strong-side and does a great job sealing the edge on runs and staying discplined along the line. He's strong enough to bullrush and beat RTs, yet athletic and fluid enough to drop shallow and display good instincts in space. He was the only OLB who played all three downs and is aruagbly the most versatile defender in the front seven. Hell, he could play some ILB if it came down to it and would probably be serviceable. Guys like that, you lock up, even if he hasn't hit double digit sacks yet in his career. Money well spent.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jenkins
Chancellor
Thomas
Berry
Byrd ?
TJ Ward

why you not killing it?
Kenny Phillips
Laron Landry
Tom Z
Griffin
Huff

Hey don't forget about our boy Dashon Goldson. He is coming off a very good year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Jenkins
Chancellor
Thomas
Berry
Byrd ?
TJ Ward
Burnett
Goldson
Delmas

why you not killing it?
Kenny Phillips
Laron Landry
Tom Z
Griffin
Huff

Anyone else? damn i keep leaving guys off.

Last edited by brat316 : 02-29-2012 at 06:43 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny is a very good safety, but he's a 1 dimensional safety. He's one of the best in the league at playing single high. He completely swallows the deep ball back there. But he can't blitz, is average in the box against the run, and is average covering TEs.

His strong suit is sitting back and taking away the deep ball. Him and Rolle compliment each other great bc Rolle is great at blitzing, great at covering TEs and slot WRs, great in the box vs the run, but not too great at playing deep or in a Tampa 2 shell.

Rolle doesn't get a lot of credit on this board, but he's actually pretty damn good. His mouth makes you want to hate him, but as a player, the guy can ball. So can Kenny.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is that kid Chad Jones from LSU doing now? I loved him as a prospect, and was gutted for him when he had that accident. Is he still with the giants? Will he ever play?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's with us, he's supposedly running a 4.8 forty the last time he ran. He's still rehabbing, I'm not sure if he'll play this year.

My gut tells me his career is over, but he's still trying to make a comeback. And the Giants are giving him that chance. Surprising really. We didn't even have to acknowledge his contract bc he got hurt before he signed it. But the Giants stayed true to their word and honored the contract so far.

Class move by them. Hopefully Jones rewards them with a great comeback story.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Kenny is a very good safety, but he's a 1 dimensional safety. He's one of the best in the league at playing single high. He completely swallows the deep ball back there. But he can't blitz, is average in the box against the run, and is average covering TEs.

His strong suit is sitting back and taking away the deep ball. Him and Rolle compliment each other great bc Rolle is great at blitzing, great at covering TEs and slot WRs, great in the box vs the run, but not too great at playing deep or in a Tampa 2 shell.

Rolle doesn't get a lot of credit on this board, but he's actually pretty damn good. His mouth makes you want to hate him, but as a player, the guy can ball. So can Kenny.
I was going to throw Rolle up there, but I figure he is to old, to be an up and comer.

If only Rolle switched to S earlier in his career.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone else? damn i keep leaving guys off.
Louis Delmas.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Louis Delmas.
I forgot the Lions actually have a good player in the secondary. He was quiet this year compared to last year, or was it the year before?

Well we now have plenty of guys on our list. Now they just need to break out.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I was going to throw Rolle up there, but I figure he is to old, to be an up and comer.

If only Rolle switched to S earlier in his career.
Oh I know. He's not an up and comer. I was just speaking in general.

I think the best safety duo in the league is in Seattle right now, and I think Earl Thomas is the best FS in the game right here right now. No disrespect to Ed Reed.

Will be interesting to see if Berry can recover from that ACL. So far Mayock was right, Thomas has been the better Safety through 2 years. Unfair to say bc Berry got hurt, but we'll see how things shape up in the coming years.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forgot the Lions actually have a good player in the secondary. He was quiet this year compared to last year, or was it the year before?

Well we now have plenty of guys on our list. Now they just need to break out.
Rookie Season - Played really well, scored some TDs
Next Season - Regressed had a down year, nagging injuries
Last year - Solid season, above average
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Rookie season all these guys kill it. Then they cant' follow it up, its like they get figured out.

Like Byrd has 9 ints his first year, then 1 and now 3. I haven't been able to watch Bills, I'm sure they have him closer to the line since his tackle numbers are sky high. But just another sophomore slump.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry is sexual chocolate. He's almost 100% back from the surgery. Watch out NFL!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Berry is sexual chocolate. He's almost 100% back from the surgery. Watch out NFL!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rookie season all these guys kill it. Then they cant' follow it up, its like they get figured out.

Like Byrd has 9 ints his first year, then 1 and now 3. I haven't been able to watch Bills, I'm sure they have him closer to the line since his tackle numbers are sky high. But just another sophomore slump.
No pass rush = no interceptions. Schobel was a force that year, causing a lot of errant throws that Byrd had little problem intercepting while playing center field. No surprise that two of his interceptions this year came in a 10-sack game against Washington and a game where we forced Tebow into Tebow throws.

He has redefined himself somewhat. Solid tackler in every sense, closes very well. Arguably our best defensive player this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking through all of these names mentioned, I don't see a single on I look at and say "elite." There's a lot of "IF they break out" type statements. "IF they get healthy."

I think safety and OT are two where there just aren't any truly elite, dominant players right now. Players that just dominate year in, year out, with immense physical ability and consistency.

I think those are also positions, particularly LT, where we're coming out of an era where we were spoiled with great ones. That could be part of it too...our expectations might just be too high.

Still though...weak positions overall.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jenkins
Chancellor
Thomas
Berry
Byrd ?
TJ Ward

why you not killing it?
Kenny Phillips
Laron Landry
Tom Z
Griffin
Huff

That's kind of refreshing to see so many guys at the safety position with potential to be good. For the better part of the 2000s there were like 4 good safeties any given year and then the rest were largely crap. Still doesn't match up to the talent level at most other positions, but it's a start.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Think about the Qb position and how spoiled we are with Tom Brady, Manning, and Brees, hell to extend it a bit I'll throw in Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Manning Eli. Once those guys all retires and it'll probably happen in batches, if they all stay healthy, I doubt we'll ever see a group of guys this great at once, specially the first 3.

There will be other good Qbs, but none like those 3. Even when passing is taking off and looks like there is no end in sight. You won't' find a guy who can command a team like Manning. Or Brady and make every avg player he plays with look like a pro bowler. Or the guy that defies logic of 6-0 qb = fail, but he has laser accuracy, and broke a record that stood for 25 years.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I'm not worried about the QBs. Every era has their great ones. Whenever one retires or fades away, another rises to take his spot.

Other positions wax and wane more over time.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what has the contract talks of Drew Brees and the Saints at a standstill. Is New Orleans trying to lowball him? Or is Brees asking for an amount that really is ridiculous, even for someone that is probably going to be the highest paid player at his position? Apparently they aren't even close to hammering out something, which means he'll play on the franchise tag.

I do think he should be the highest paid player in the NFL. Or rather, there shouldn't be an objection to it. He has definitely earned his payday.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote