Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

"RANDY! YOU RUN UNDERNEATH WHILE I SEND ANQUAN DEEP!"
I just laughed so loudly in the silent section of the library at school. Asian death stares everywhere. Totally worth it, and even better because I see the play developing in my head. Randy either alligator arms the pass across the middle or Anquan isn't within 5 yard's of Flacco's overthrown pass.

...God dammit, does everyone hate their coaching staff this much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"RANDY! YOU RUN UNDERNEATH WHILE I SEND ANQUAN DEEP!"

Priceless!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometime when I have some free time, I want to make a flowchart like the Tony Romo one only for Cam Cameron's thought process.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sometime when I have some free time, I want to make a flowchart like the Tony Romo one only for Cam Cameron's thought process.
I want to see it so badly. It would be glorious.

"Down by 7. 3rd and 1 with 2 minutes left. No no, don't give it to Ray Rice, he's had 8 carries already this game. Send Anquan deep and run the TE into the flat. No no, behind the LoS so he can throw it deep if he needs to. It's genius!"
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Ray...RICE? Oh god dammit, I grabbed the Chinese menu again by mistake. Better just have Joe chuck it up to Anquan again."
Old 03-06-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would enjoy seeing Moss in New Orleans, and even though its a bad time right now lets look at the facts:

1. We will have Brees at least.
2. We lost 3 of our Top 4 WRs in FA with slim chance to resign
3. We have a historic type offense
4. Moss will be a #1 or 2 WR here.

If he wants stats/chance to win (its getting less likely with every draft pick we lose/players we lose) here would be a good place to come.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I would enjoy seeing Moss in New Orleans, and even though its a bad time right now lets look at the facts:

1. We will have Brees at least.
2. We lost 3 of our Top 4 WRs in FA with slim chance to resign
3. We have a historic type offense
4. Moss will be a #1 or 2 WR here.

If he wants stats/chance to win (its getting less likely with every draft pick we lose/players we lose) here would be a good place to come.
You mean for the last 6 weeks after he boycotts your franchise tag for the first 11?

God wouldn't that be spectacular.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You mean for the last 6 weeks after he boycotts your franchise tag for the first 11?

God wouldn't that be spectacular.
He's not going to Baltimore APS (just using the full range of smilies)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He's not going to Baltimore APS (just using the full range of smilies)
Oh I know. I just love a good old fashioned meltdown by a successful franchise.

*crosses fingers this never happens in Baltimore*
Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I know. I just love a good old fashioned meltdown by a successful franchise.

*crosses fingers this never happens in Baltimore*

Baltimores has started already. With the emergence of the Bengals and that miss against the Pats i'd be impressed with a playoff place for the Ravens next year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Baltimores has started already. With the emergence of the Bengals and that miss against the Pats i'd be impressed with a playoff place for the Ravens next year.
I'm sorry, but in no way can you consider the Ravens in the beginnings of a organizational meltdown. In the first four years of the Harbaugh-Flacco tandem, they have made the playoffs each year and averaged 11 wins. Baltimore is going to be good for the next decade at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I don't make many guarantees because I know full well that crazy things can happen in the NFL, but the Ravens are never winning a Superbowl with Cam Cameron at QB.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm sorry, but in no way can you consider the Ravens in the beginnings of a organizational meltdown. In the first four years of the Harbaugh-Flacco tandem, they have made the playoffs each year and averaged 11 wins. Baltimore is going to be good for the next decade at least.
Yeah i was half joking although i do think it will be harder for them to win the division. I need to keep reminding myself that the forum offseason wasnt real becasue the Bengals owned it but they have 2 first round picks and tons of cap money to play with. I can only see improvement from them. Plus they have a decent QB unlike the Ravens.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-06-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The real life Bengals will find ways to use that cap space and draft picks in the most flat out ******** way possible.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The real life Bengals will find ways to use that cap space and draft picks in the most flat out ******** way possible.
They should sign Mike Wallace! Thats one of my dream offseason wishes.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
They should sign Mike Wallace! Thats one of my dream offseason wishes.
While it would be enjoyable to see the Steelers lose him, I don't think Andy Dalton has the arm strength required to utilize him in the best way possible.

I see Dalton maxing out somewhere around the Chad Pennington pre-9000 shoulder surgeries-level. Maybe a Matt Hasselbeck/Matt Ryan "Game Manager+" type.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
While it would be enjoyable to see the Steelers lose him, I don't think Andy Dalton has the arm strength required to utilize him in the best way possible.

I see Dalton maxing out somewhere around the Chad Pennington pre-9000 shoulder surgeries-level. Maybe a Matt Hasselbeck/Matt Ryan "Game Manager+" type.
He's done alright with AJ Green. Anyway, he's better than Flacco.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah i was half joking although i do think it will be harder for them to win the division. I need to keep reminding myself that the forum offseason wasnt real becasue the Bengals owned it but they have 2 first round picks and tons of cap money to play with. I can only see improvement from them. Plus they have a decent QB unlike the Ravens.
1). I don't care how much cap space the Bengals have or how many draft picks they have, I would take Baltimore's front office over Cincinnati ten times out of ten.

2). I must be the only person here who thinks Joe Flacco is a good quarterback. I know he has a good defense and a good running game, but you can't argue that he hasn't been extremely successful in his first four years. Two AFC Championship Games. Most wins in the first four years of a career. One dropped pass away from going to a Super Bowl. People on here act like Flacco is a bottom ten QB when he is definitely a top-15 QB. Personally, I would rank him somewhere between 10-13. I would take Flacco over Dalton ten times out of ten too.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't make many guarantees because I know full well that crazy things can happen in the NFL, but the Ravens are never winning a Superbowl with Cam Cameron at QB.
Now that is a even worse nightmare. Cameron as a QB calling his own plays constantly. Ray Rice would cease to exist completely.

In maybe 2 years the Ravens are going to hit a decline with Ray and Reed retiring but the organization is still one of the best. Were a good drafting team and that keeps our talent pretty damn well stocked.

Flacco isn't the best QB out there but I'm fine with him. He is on that right outside top 10 area. The guy is certainly better than Dalton. He doesn't dominate games but he has had some solid late game combacks that fall short because of the supporting cast, ie the last 2 playoff losses.

I'm real happy that we actually have a legit deep threat to pair with his big arm. Mason, Mark Clayton, and Boldin really limited the down the field aspect (+Cameron's play calls) I think that Torrey can be a huge game changer with 1 or 2 deep catches a game. The rest of the skill positions are pretty nice with 2 young solid TEs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 03-06-2012 at 04:57 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Now that is a even worse nightmare. Cameron as a QB calling his own plays constantly. Ray Rice would cease to exist completely.

In maybe 2 years the Ravens are going to hit a decline with Ray and Reed retiring but the organization is still one of the best. Were a good drafting team and that keeps our talent pretty damn well stocked.
Ok...allow me to rephrase...as long as Cam Cameron has a place in the Ravens organization, the Ravens aren't winning a Superbowl.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
1). I don't care how much cap space the Bengals have or how many draft picks they have, I would take Baltimore's front office over Cincinnati ten times out of ten.

2). I must be the only person here who thinks Joe Flacco is a good quarterback. I know he has a good defense and a good running game, but you can't argue that he hasn't been extremely successful in his first four years. Two AFC Championship Games. Most wins in the first four years of a career. One dropped pass away from going to a Super Bowl. People on here act like Flacco is a bottom ten QB when he is definitely a top-15 QB. Personally, I would rank him somewhere between 10-13. I would take Flacco over Dalton ten times out of ten too.
Yeah obviously i'd take the Ravens front office over the Bengals but this season i still think the Bengals will be the better team.

Umm, Flacco top 15 QB? Remember Mark Sanchez got to two AFC Championship games, you dont have to be a great quarterback to get to the AFC Championship game. Imagine Flacco with the Packers or Pats defense last year. They would of been 6-10 maximum.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boley was average at one point, but he's still completely incapable of separating from a block and he makes most of his tackles 3-5 yards downfield. I never see him moving forward when I watch the Giants play, and that's one of the worst things I can say about a LB.
That's crazy. Boley was getting blitzed a lot last year, over the first half of the season the guy was knocking a QB out the game almost every week. Boley's not a great run defender, but he's not terrible against the run, he's great in coverage and is a very good blitzer. He's a good Linebacker. Granted other than all we have is Jaquian Williams, and for now he's purely a cover guy, but Boley's still really good.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah obviously i'd take the Ravens front office over the Bengals but this season i still think the Bengals will be the better team.

Umm, Flacco top 15 QB? Remember Mark Sanchez got to two AFC Championship games, you dont have to be a great quarterback to get to the AFC Championship game. Imagine Flacco with the Packers or Pats defense last year. They would of been 6-10 maximum.
Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Jets, Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Seattle, Arizona, Washington, Denver, and Oakland all have worse QBs. And I think most would say San Francisco, Kansas City, Tennessee, and Cincinnati are worse too. That puts Flacco at 14th.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Jets, Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Seattle, Arizona, Washington, Denver, and Oakland all have worse QBs. And I think most would say San Francisco, Kansas City, Tennessee, and Cincinnati are worse too. That puts Flacco at 14th.
I'd take Manning/Luck, Fitzpatrick, Freeman, Tebow, Alex Smith and Dalton over Flacco.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd take Manning/Luck, Fitzpatrick, Freeman, Tebow, Alex Smith and Dalton over Flacco.
So you take a guy who has never set foot on an NFL field, a noodle armed undrafted guy who had never won a damn thing, a one year wonder, a guy who can't throw, a guy with one good year out of nine, and Dalton over Flacco? God I wish you were actually the GM of Green Bay.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: