Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Nice signing by KC with Hillis. He played well in Daboll's offense.
I would rather have Tolbert but RB depth is much needed so I can live with this.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I don't think the Titans would trade Jake. But If they were intrested, I wonder how much we could get for him?
4th, 8th or 12th pick.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I don't think the Titans would trade Jake. But If they were intrested, I wonder how much we could get for him?
Even with Manning, Locker still is the future.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I would rather have Tolbert but RB depth is much needed so I can live with this.
and heck it's a 1 year deal so if he does'nt work out it's only 3 mill we spent
Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hillis is no risk, but I would have preferred Tolbert as well.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Even with Manning, Locker still is the future.
Still, he only has a 4 year deal. Not sure how long or if he'd be a RFA after that but its not like they have forever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't think a team can resign a player or a player can technically resign from a team, so I am confused by what you say. They DID re-sign him though....(you're a professor, remember the dash dammit)
Meh....it's unnecessary in this context, since it's impossible to resign a player, as you said.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Still, he only has a 4 year deal. Not sure how long or if he'd be a RFA after that but its not like they have forever.
In 4 years Manning will be 39... They will know if he is worth it by then, franchise tag.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? Hillis when healthy is a ******* animal. It sucks to see him go being a Cleveland fan... You guys are getting a beast.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
In 4 years Manning will be 39... They will know if he is worth it by then, franchise tag.
Yeah, but he's already in year 2. My conservative guess is Manning plays two more seasons. He could play 3. Then you don't know what you have in Locker. Plus you could get a valuable asset that could help you win while you have Manning if you trade Locker.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Hillis is better than Tolbert and has experience in the offense.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There have been some awful signings so far. 32.5 mil for Laurent Robinson? Really? I'm not sure if that's Eric Wright bad, but it's close.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There have been some awful signings so far. 32.5 mil for Laurant Robinson? Really? I'm not sure if that's Eric Wright bad, but it's close.
Words cannot express how happy I am that the Lions did not pay Eric Wright that money. I know our secondary sucks ass but he certainly didn't help it much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I've thought about it. It is worse. At least Wright has a history of being a starter in the league, albeit a marginal one.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Faine was officially released.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Yea Hillis is better than Tolbert and has experience in the offense.
I think Tolbert is a pretty underrated player. I watch alot of SD games with them being in the West and I love what he brings to the table.

I'm not sure which Hillis the Chiefs are getting.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There have been some awful signings so far. 32.5 mil for Laurent Robinson? Really? I'm not sure if that's Eric Wright bad, but it's close.
Yeah the entire Dallas board pretty much laughed at his expectation of 6 million per. I'm not surprised he got more considering how fast the market completely disappeared.

Keep in mind the cap is going to skyrocket with the new TV deals which will affect all contracts.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've thought about it. It is worse. At least Wright has a history of being a starter in the league, albeit a marginal one.
It's really only that bad if you look at it from past production standpoint. If you look at it going forward they are getting a really talented 26 year old who at least has the tools of a #1 WR(albeit has done nothing to prove it) and instantly upgrades their WR's by a big margin. I don't think this deal is going to stop them from or strap them from any big moves they want to do the next 3 years.

Robinson just needs to stay healthy, he's always been a talented guy. Sure, he was overpaid but Free Agency causes nearly everyone to get overpaid due to supply and demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So what exactly does Cleveland's offense look like right now? Jesus.

QB: McCoy, Wallace
RB: Hardesty, Ogbonnaya
WR: Little, Mo Mass, Cribbs, Norwood, Mitchell
TE: Watson, Moore, Cameron
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: ???? or Pinkston?
C: Mack
RG: Lauvao? Greco?
RT: ????

That's disgusting.

And they suck at DE also.

This is what you get when you trade down every year. Awesome C, NT, and a bunch of JAGs. No fun.
I'll give you that the offense looks and is terrible in its current state, but the team definitely has more than a C, a NT, and a bunch of JAGs.

Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, Ahtyba Rubin, Jabaal Sheard, and D'Qwell Jackson are all pretty good players to go along with Alex Mack and Phil Taylor.

I think adding Frostee Rucker today (and getting Benard back from injury) makes the DL pretty good and the defense pretty decent overall.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Gallery will be released soon
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Yeah, but he's already in year 2. My conservative guess is Manning plays two more seasons. He could play 3. Then you don't know what you have in Locker. Plus you could get a valuable asset that could help you win while you have Manning if you trade Locker.
They would never get what they want for him though, most thought the Titans reached drafting him in the top 10. There value for him is most likely a lot more than most NFL teams

Either way, its a good situation to be in... Im just bein difficult

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning : 03-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...sit-the-chiefs

Quote:
I just spoke to Mike Tolbert's agent, Joel Turner, and he said Tolbert will still visit the Chiefs despite Kansas City signing Peyton Hillis to a one-year deal.
The Chiefs are just going to run it every play. Cassel does hand off the ball really well.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Chiefs are just going to run it every play. Cassel does hand off the ball really well.
Are they worried about Charles not being 100%?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Full House Package

WR...OT-OG-C-OG-OT...WR
QB
HILLIS.....TOLBERT
CHARLES

You guys will be unstoppable.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 03-14-2012 at 08:42 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Why? Hillis when healthy is a ******* animal. It sucks to see him go being a Cleveland fan... You guys are getting a beast.
yeah, him being a headcase and the FO not wanting to give him the crazy money he was asking for last season resulted in us fans getting screwed and Peyton leaving in free agency......but in the end he got a lot less than he turned down during negotiations last fall. The guy went through like 3 agents didn't he? He's a little screwy, but I will miss him. Getting rid of fan favorites is never a good idea.