Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Leave it to Ness to whip out some stats. I'm only surprised you actually gave their names.
I'm surprised you are responding to someone on your ignore list.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams don't respect Cole like they do Mario. Stats are irrelevant.

I really like Cole (actually since Cincy I liked him as a prospect coming out), but he's not on Mario's level
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Here I will save everybody time JPP>>> the both of them
I knew JPP would be great. We were one pick away from choosing him. Why couldn't you guys draft Derrick Morgan.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent is really being underrated here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't we already have Trent Cole is underrated thread last year?
Old 03-15-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even their rookie years, where Williams was the 1st overall pick and Cole was the 146th overall (and a backup), Cole was more effective.

Williams is still a beast and I'd love to have him on my team, but the thing that's bothering me is people acting like it's a joke to even compare the two.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Cole is a very underrated player, one of the best pass rushers in the game today and helps against the run. But if I were to build a defense, I'd pick Mario Williams over Cole....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Teams don't respect Cole like they do Mario.
You're kidding right? Do you think Jason Babin would have gotten 18 sacks last year if Cole wasn't constantly getting double-teamed?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams consistently demands double teams and demands teams to game plan around him. Cole doesn't.

Cole is a very good player, and I like him a lot. But he's not that type of player
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
You're kidding right? Do you think Jason Babin would have gotten 18 sacks last year if Cole wasn't constantly getting double-teamed?
Considering he had 12.5 sacks when he was the Titans only real pass rush threat, I don't think its far fetched
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lamo wtf i Orton doing in Dallas ?Also what is up with some of these signings this year I just don't understand?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It just wanted to post some funny gifs.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Williams consistently demands double teams and demands teams to game plan around him. Cole doesn't.

Cole is a very good player, and I like him a lot. But he's not that type of player
Quote:
Considering he had 12.5 sacks when he was the Titans only real pass rush threat, I don't think its far fetched
...but my point is Cole is constantly double-teamed. I've seen every game he's ever played, and he can make tackles look down right silly in one-on-one match ups. You are really telling me you don't know what you're talking about if you don't think teams gameplan for Cole.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that while Trent Cole is a great player, only an Eagles fan would say he's better than Mario Williams.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
I think what everyone is trying to say is that while Trent Cole is a great player, only an Eagles fan would say he's better than Mario Williams.
Seems legit.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched Mario Williams go up against the crappy Colts OL since he was a rookie. He is very good. But he is overrated. Especially in the draft community that loves an athletic freak. Trent Cole is the much better value based on their new contracts.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI

Nix just said Mario wanted to play LDE so that is where he will play.
Nix said Buffalo is not looking at another WR in FA (my guess Floyd at 10)
Nix said this draft is deep in pass rusher and you don't need to take 1 early (Look for R2 for the Bills to add a RDE Curry, Branch etc.)
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
For a solid minute there, I was like "the Manning's have a sister?"

I bet she'd be hideous.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Considering some non-eagles fans have agreed with me (that it is at least arguable, which was my first point), I don't know if that's too accurate.

This argument has gone on far too long anyway. I had no intentions of hi-jacking the thread anyway. My point is dollar-for-dollar, the eagles got a much better deal for Cole than the Bills got for Williams, and if someone tries to argue that point, they're fooling themselves.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
...but my point is Cole is constantly double-teamed. I've seen every game he's ever played, and he can make tackles look down right silly in one-on-one match ups. You are really telling me you don't know what you're talking about if you don't think teams gameplan for Cole.
Teams game-plan for Cole, sure. Heck, teams game-plan for Dave Ball....

Trent Cole isn't as good as Mario Williams.

Trent Cole is good, I like him a lot. But to call him better than Mario Williams just proves you know nothing
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Orlovsky. SUPERBOWL HE WE COME

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I've watched Mario Williams go up against the crappy Colts OL since he was a rookie. He is very good. But he is overrated. Especially in the draft community that loves an athletic freak. Trent Cole is the much better value based on their new contracts.
Value yes, but player no
Old 03-15-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Even with a crappy OL, Manning is the hardest QB to sack in the league because he gets the ball out so damn quick.

Brees is another guy who is very hard to get to, but he's had the benefit of working with a great OL in NO. If Manning had New Orleans o-line, it'd be sick how few sacks Manning would have on a year-to-year basis. And half of them would be him floppin on the ground to avoid a hit.

Manning is one of the only QBs that can pull that off without lookin like a complete puss.

Edit// But back on topic: I do agree that the value is there. Williams just signed the biggest defensive contract in the history of the league, so it ain't exactly hard to beat that value-wise.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk when your whole offense plans against 1 player, its makes a difference.