Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
How do fans feel when their teams do pressers for newly signed players? I am watching the Bears one now on NFL Network, so thought I'd ask. Personally, I am glad we don't do stuff like that. But how do other fans feel about that?
Doesn't matter to me. It's just like when the team drafts a highly touted player. I just care about their production on the field.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do fans feel when their teams do pressers for newly signed players? I am watching the Bears one now on NFL Network, so thought I'd ask. Personally, I am glad we don't do stuff like that. But how do other fans feel about that?
Is it Marshall? He was traded for. We haven't really made a presser worthy acquisition otherwise.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Clearly, the teams and players in these situations always, without exception, tell the truth.
Yeah, it's all in what story you wish to believe. Initially it was reported that the 49ers offered a 3 year deal and that Tom Condon "may" want a 5 year deal. People ran with that story and said that Smith declined a 3 year offer.

Smith has since gone on record as saying he wants to and will be a 49er. Just that final details need to be ironed out.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it Marshall? He was traded for. We haven't really made a presser worthy acquisition otherwise.
Jason Campbell is on the podium.
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marshall and Jason C. The GM also talked about 4 other signings. I am just speaking in general. Why do a presser anyways? Just release a news story on your own website, with quotes from coaches, GM, and so on and call it a day. I never really was a fan of that stuff. But then again, we are a franchise that doesn't have cheerleaders. Stick to football, and we tend to leave the pomp and other stuff to other teams. In general though, I never really liked the whole presser thing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Yeah, it's all in what story you wish to believe. Initially it was reported that the 49ers offered a 3 year deal and that Tom Condon "may" want a 5 year deal. People ran with that story and said that Smith declined a 3 year offer.

Smith has since gone on record as saying he wants to and will be a 49er. Just that final details need to be ironed out.
I'm sure it's fine. They're probably just taking their sweet time, because of the Manning situation. 49ers have all the leverage here anyways.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Don't know if it's been reported, but Raiders are going to cut Wimbley today
San Diego is just waiting for that. Def would love to see that
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any scenario where Flynn and Tannehill dont end up in Miami and Seattle (either way). If there is let me know.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tannehill is there at 11 and KC snags him maybe.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Doesn't matter to me. It's just like when the team drafts a highly touted player. I just care about their production on the field.
Yes, I understand after the draft they may meet the press and answer questions. But a big time presser for either that or FA signings, I am not really a fan of. I am more of a put that on your teams website with quotes, and that's it.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they also trace their roots back to pre-internet days. Sure, you could fax out a press release to media outlets, but they'd want to send in reporters and beat writers to ask their own questions and such.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think they also trace their roots back to pre-internet days. Sure, you could fax out a press release to media outlets, but they'd want to send in reporters and beat writers to ask their own questions and such.
I know for us we do a conference call. We signed M. Bennett, and put it on our website, and they did a conf. call and that transcript was put online as well. But yeah I can see that pre internet days. But we are so far from that now especially with FB, Twitter, and blogs. I know for our beat writers they have their own section or blogs as well as twitter. I just find it interesting watching teams have guys make speeches.

I saw it with the Bears and Bucs with jackson being signed.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I know for us we do a conference call. We signed M. Bennett, and put it on our website, and they did a conf. call and that transcript was put online as well. But yeah I can see that pre internet days. But we are so far from that now especially with FB, Twitter, and blogs. I know for our beat writers they have their own section or blogs as well as twitter. I just find it interesting watching teams have guys make speeches.

I saw it with the Bears and Bucs with jackson being signed.
"We" as in you and I and most people here are. Team owners and managers and decision makers still have an average age in the 50s or maybe even 60s.

They don't understand this new internet fad.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/201...e-eugene-amano

Quote:
Bob McGinn of the Milwuakee Journal Sentinel is reporting that former Packers center, and Nashville native, Scott Wells is close to signing with the Tennessee Titans. This addition would completely change the look of the offensive line, especially when you couple it with the addition of Steve Hutchinson.

For two year's we've ranted and raged about the poor play in the middle of the o-line, and the front office has finally responded by signing two of the most prolific and well-respected veteran linemen in the league. Sure, they're long in the tooth, but they're the kind of linemen who Munch and Bruce can use to make this line the powerhouse it was for the prior decade.

Also contained in that same report is the idea that the Titans are so tired of Eugene Amano's poor play at center that they could outright release him. With Scott leaving as a FA, that would mean next season's starting O-line would be Roos, Hutchinson, Wells, Harris and Stewart.

Last edited by Complex : 03-16-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I think I remember that fresh prince episode. LOL. Carlton gets sad that Phil is bonding with Will. I think Golf was his game, and Will stinks at it, but they still have a great time which makes Carlton jealous.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Can't say I'd be suprised if we cut amano. Thats why Ive been raving it forever. He is not worth the amount he is making, Myers and Wells should come similiar cost
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For two year's we've ranted and raged about the poor play in the middle of the o-line, and the front office has finally responded by signing two of the most prolific and well-respected veteran linemen in the league.
Scott Wells... Prolific?

I mean damn, he's pretty good and the Packers will certainly miss him, but prolific? Really?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Scott Wells... Prolific?

I mean damn, he's pretty good and the Packers will certainly miss him, but prolific? Really?
At least your team is adding people...All the Ravens have done this offseason is resign Cam Cameron and lose starters. Hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that should make people on the Packer boards belligerently ***** about the Finley extension.

And Wells is not "prolific," but he is in maybe the top ten at his position. It wasn't long ago that GB was hoping Jason Spitz would beat him out.

Last edited by WCH : 03-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans O-line suddenly looks really good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
At least your team is adding people...All the Ravens have done this offseason is resign Cam Cameron and lose starters. Hooray!
Cry me a ******* river.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'm a Packers fan, bro. Re-signing a coach would be an eventful off-season for us.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Cry me a ******* river.
At least the offensive coordinator you got to keep isn't a useless **** with less offensive creativity then Marty Schottenheimer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Cry me a ******* river.
You at least have two first round picks. I expect the Bengals to squander them in a foolish fashion, but there is a chance they won't. A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm a Packers fan, bro. Re-signing a coach would be an eventful off-season for us.
That's the truth!
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote