Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Let the Kaepernick era begin?
That's what I'd assume if they don't get PM and if Alex Smith goes to another team. I'd be interested in seeing how he does.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They must have some faith in him, since they're willing to risk missing out on Manning and losing Smith.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Smith to Miami, Flynn to Seattle, Manning to Tennesee. San Fransisco?
I hear Carson Palmer is available for two 1sts.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Me too. He really improved during the playoffs and honestly if you put Carson Palmer on that same team I see way more crucial turnovers at the most important times. He stepped his game up in the playoffs and made some tough throws in clutch situations.

Although I still feel like Alex is likely going to go back to average if he goes to a new team, I feel like he gets overlooked a bit too. He's athletic as hell and makes a bunch of plays with his legs, and if he happens to end back up in SF I'm pretty confident he'll have a much better season then Carson Palmer will.
I dunno if I buy that. Vernon Davis impressed me a lot in the playoffs, Alex Smith...he reminded me of David Gerrard at his best, which is a solid starter, especially with serious weapons to work with, but a guy who's play has a ceiling and will need a great team around him. I've always felt his play has gotten a lot more **** than it deserved due to all of the mitigating factors, but I think things might be swinging in the opposite direction for some people where some great performances and good throws are causing people to have undue optimism about his ability to be an impact QB. Not to **** on, but I really don't think there's anything that can happen next season that would make Alex Smith a great, top 10, QB, he can perform like one if they keep giving him more to work with, but I really don't see how much better than VD, Randy, Crabs and Mario they're going to get.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Smith visiting Miami? They are trying to scare Flynn in to accepting their offer.
Flynn looks like he may be the odd man out here. Cleveland passed and if Miami is that interested in Alex Smith then Flynn may be out of that equation too. Seattle has said they like Flynn but arent committed to offering him the job outright. Carroll says that if they bring in Flynn he would compete with Tavarus Jackson.

My take. If Matt Flynn signs with Seattle, which is looking more and more likely, then he is the starter from day one. Any other B.S. coming from the Seahawks front office is just that. For Some reason i guess they dont want to hurt Tavarus Jackson's feelings.

End of the day the Seahawks have either Matt Flynn or Ryan Tannehill as their QB of the future. Anything short of that (and that includes signing Alex Smith) and they are clueless.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Flynn looks like he may be the odd man out here. Cleveland passed and if Miami is that interested in Alex Smith then Flynn may be out of that equation too. Seattle has said they like Flynn but arent committed to offering him the job outright. Carroll says that if they bring in Flynn he would compete with Tavarus Jackson.

My take. If Matt Flynn signs with Seattle, which is looking more and more likely, then he is the starter from day one. Any other B.S. coming from the Seahawks front office is just that. For Some reason i guess they dont want to hurt Tavarus Jackson's feelings.

End of the day the Seahawks have either Matt Flynn or Ryan Tannehill as their QB of the future. Anything short of that (and that includes signing Alex Smith) and they are clueless.
How is that any different than handing him the job outright?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
How is that any different than handing him the job outright?
Exactly. I'm sure it was said purely as a way to not burn any bridges with your present QB but some teams arent worried about dissing guys if it suits their purpose.

I like your response it was both funny and true.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Me too. He really improved during the playoffs and honestly if you put Carson Palmer on that same team I see way more crucial turnovers at the most important times. He stepped his game up in the playoffs and made some tough throws in clutch situations.

Although I still feel like Alex is likely going to go back to average if he goes to a new team, I feel like he gets overlooked a bit too. He's athletic as hell and makes a bunch of plays with his legs, and if he happens to end back up in SF I'm pretty confident he'll have a much better season then Carson Palmer will.
No offense, but I think you are on glue. Carson went from playing Xbox to lining up against the Chiefs within a week. The Raiders offense looked like an emergency room in the 2nd half of the season (No McFadden and Moore/Ford were out most games). I think there is much better chance of Palmer not being Turnoverasaurus Rex then there is of Smith morphing into a 300yd/game QB. The Raiders will still be a ~.500 football team next year, but it won't be because they can't score.

The Garrard comparison is accurate, but I don't see Smith repeating the limited success he had last year.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

That's the right thing for Seattle to say though. They're not just going to hand him a contract and hand him the job. He has to earn that money, in my opinion. Will Flynn beat out Jackson? Probably and Flynn shouldn't back away from competition. I don't know what he thinks he is, but he's not a proven starter in this league.

His best bet is Cleveland, Miami, or Seattle to win the job, not be handed it. He'll probably win the job in Miami or Seattle, Cleveland said no thank you.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
No offense, but I think you are on glue. Carson went from playing Xbox to lining up against the Chiefs within a week. The Raiders offense looked like an emergency room in the 2nd half of the season (No McFadden and Moore/Ford were out most games). I think there is much better chance of Palmer not being Turnoverasaurus Rex then there is of Smith morphing into a 300yd/game QB. The Raiders will still be a ~.500 football team next year, but it won't be because they can't score.

The Garrard comparison is accurate, but I don't see Smith repeating the limited success he had last year.
Agreed. Alex Smith was HORRIBLE his first 6 years in the leauge. He had an average season with Harbaugh at the helm, but look at all the factors that helped him out. Strong o-line, Running game, and top 3 defense. He just didn't have to turn hte ball over. Crabtree finally stepped his game up and having 2 very good running backs helped him as well as an elite TE who can make plays. And after that, he was still, well average.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised the Jets didn't go after Kyle Orton. For all the splash they were making about putting pressure on Sanchez and having a backup who can step in and replace him, why didn't they go after Orton?

Orton would definitely put pressure on Sanchez. Drew Stanton? How is he gonna make Sanchez sweat?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think putting more pressure on Sanchez is just going to make him even worse. You can tell they coddle him like crazy and give him all this support, even when he gets criticized by the media and other players he tries to brush it off like theyre just playing like he did to Rodgers comments earlier in the year. I think putting added pressure on him at this point will make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think putting more pressure on Sanchez is just going to make him even worse. You can tell they coddle him like crazy and give him all this support, even when he gets criticized by the media and other players he tries to brush it off like theyre just playing like he did to Rodgers comments earlier in the year. I think putting added pressure on him at this point will make it worse.
If that's the case, then cut your losses now. Why wait a year? It's obvious he doesn't have the mental toughness you need to play qb in this league. The sooner you move on the better.

They're just tricking themselves if they think a weak minded player will suddenly turn the corner.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

What did Rodgers say btw?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If that's the case, then cut your losses now. Why wait a year? It's obvious he doesn't have the mental toughness you need to play qb in this league. The sooner you move on the better.

They're just tricking themselves if they think a weak minded player will suddenly turn the corner.
Hey I am with you, I really don't know why they will give him another year. Maybe to see how he does without Shotty as Jets fans keep alluding to, and I'm sure that is it, but I really don't think we are going to see much of an improvement out of him at this point. That offense is any better than when he first got here and toning down the play book? It isn't like Shotty was having him run some real complicated offense.

Rodgers said something about how dumb his magazine (cq I believe) shoot was and that he would never do anything like that because it was insulting to QBs. Sanchez when asked about it just laughed and said "Oh he's just giving me crap like all the guys do", totally oblivious or delusional about the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Hey I am with you, I really don't know why they will give him another year. Maybe to see how he does without Shotty as Jets fans keep alluding to, and I'm sure that is it, but I really don't think we are going to see much of an improvement out of him at this point. That offense is any better than when he first got here and toning down the play book? It isn't like Shotty was having him run some real complicated offense.

Rodgers said something about how dumb his magazine (cq I believe) shoot was and that he would never do anything like that because it was insulting to QBs. Sanchez when asked about it just laughed and said "Oh he's just giving me crap like all the guys do", totally oblivious or delusional about the whole thing.
The offense was very basic to begin with. Simplifying an already simple offense for a 4th year qb tells me everything I need to know.

I was a Sanchez supporter for a long while, but I expected a big leap from him this year, and he's shown me that he is what he is, and he's not going to improve.

That was before I knew how coddled he is. And how nobody on the team respects him.

Now I definitely don't expect him to succeed.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-embarrassing/

To be fair, Eric Decker also did GQ (I'm sure lots of NFL players have) and Decker is a tough SOB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So did Tom Brady. I don't read too much into Rodgers comments.

Brady can get away with it bc he's good. Sanchez can't bc he sucks.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Chiefs fans on Eric Winston. Beast pick up.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm surprised the Jets didn't go after Kyle Orton. For all the splash they were making about putting pressure on Sanchez and having a backup who can step in and replace him, why didn't they go after Orton?

Orton would definitely put pressure on Sanchez. Drew Stanton? How is he gonna make Sanchez sweat?
He might challenge for Kate Upton with his dougie!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Alex Smith to visit Seattle after Miami. Niners are really putting all there eggs into the Manning basket and risking losing Alex Smith. Maybe Harbaugh is more comfortable with either Manning or turning back to his former college qb Josh Johnson .
Old 03-18-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Orton probably isn't a big city guy like that in NYC.

Besides Greg McElroy had he not got hurt, would have been an ideal No.2. I was really impressed with what he showed and while he may not eclipse Sanchez, he is a decent backup if need be.

Not a fan of Stanton but I think Jets wanna instill confidence into Sanchez that he's the guy. Sanchez was coddled a bit but I think this year was a humbling one for all involved as Sanchez had become the butt of all jokes and was viewed as a hindrance to the team. You don't think Sanchez cares about all of that negative perception? He's going to come with a huge chip on his shoulder and he is very serious about all of this. Serious enough that he has been working with Chad Pennington on learning Sparano's offense.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It depends on if the Jets fix the RT spot, can get more consistent production from Greene and can have Holmes and whoever the 2nd WR is on the same page.

Rodgers comes off as a real arrogant tool but hey the way he plays, he can get away with it. No reason for him to take shots at other QBs, no matter how silly those GQ photo shoots were. Very hard to like Rodgers as he always feels he needs to have a say in every single sports story.

Sanchez problem has always been is that he is far too nice and passive to other guys when in this league, you HAVE to be arrogant and greedy and hard on everyone rather than be their friend. If he can ever figure that out, your going to be tons more confidence out of him and to see him step up as a leader.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Rodgers comes off as a real arrogant tool but hey the way he plays, he can get away with it. No reason for him to take shots at other QBs, no matter how silly those GQ photo shoots were. Very hard to like Rodgers as he always feels he needs to have a say in every single sports story.
I totally disagree. In a world of guys who care more about their marketability than being actual people, we are left with athletes who are too afraid to say anything even remotely controversial. Michael Jordan started this, and it's only gotten worse.

Rodgers is a funny guy with a nice story. I've always liked him, and I'm a ******* Bears fan.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Alex Smith to visit Seattle after Miami. Niners are really putting all there eggs into the Manning basket and risking losing Alex Smith. Maybe Harbaugh is more comfortable with either Manning or turning back to his former college qb Josh Johnson .
I think the Josh Johnson thing is overblown. Clearly being close to a player means nothing, case in point: Alex Smith. Harbaugh/Baalke want the best players, despite selling a family-locker room message. 99.9% of the players on that team would be like, "Manning over Alex? Yeah, I can live with that."

If Manning goes to Denver (I think that is most likely) or Tennessee, Alex will come back to San Francisco. All this nonsense with the QBs comes down to the Manning decision.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote