Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Wimbley free to sign now? I haven't read anything about him since his release on Friday.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Is Wimbley free to sign now? I haven't read anything about him since his release on Friday.
Yeah, he could sign with anyone anytime now.

Also, speaking of Michael Bush...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iting-seattle/

He's visiting Seattle. He'd be a good fit as the #2 back to Lynch. Having two guys who can just maul people is never bad.
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Wimbley. I want pass rusherzzzzzz

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I hate Tolbert because his performance in the Patriots game arguably cost the Chargers their season.
Also the denver game when he lost like 3 yards when we needed him to gain 1. Sometimes he thinks he is a 180 pd scat back instead of a 245 pd bowling ball
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Tolbert to Carolina official now. No way they don't trade J-Stew now...right?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Well Tolbert to Carolina official now. No way they don't trade J-Stew now...right?
God I'd love to be inside that Front Office. Just the rationalization for spending more money on the RB position would be glorious to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
They got to enjoy the greatest passer of all time (blah blah blah, insert your no superbowl arguments...blah blah...that's why I said "passer") in Marino for nearly 2 decades.

One thing I must say is that I think Marino is more highly thought of in the league circles than by the fans and media. I remember this NFLN special from a few years back...before Marino was even in the HoF...and they were talking about what all the busts there must say to eachother at night (or something), and one segment of the show had them asking the current HoFers which current or future HoFer they would have most wanted to play with, and Marino freaking stole the show. It was great.

And even Bill Polian...for all of the differences he and I have...when he was talking about a current QB (I forget exactly who...may have been Andrew Luck...) said something about that QB "having what it takes to be a great one, like Peyton Manning or Dan Marino."

Not Joe Montana, not John Elway, not Johnny Unitas....Marino.

Because Marino is just that awesome.

Dan Marino is the best "thrower" to ever play the game.

If he played in today's era, he'd be considered the best qb to ever play the game.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're talking about the team that overpaid all of its own free agents last year, including giving top 3 RB money to a definitely non-top 3 RB...I don't put anything past them.

Still, if your team needs a solid runner, make an offer. I'm thinking a 3rd this year and maybe a future pick that could become higher based on playing time or something.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless he's agreed to play FB (extremely doubtful) or D-Will's contract is cuttable after year one, then yeah, I'd assume so. It's messed up though because he's better than DWill AND the coaching staff clearly liked him more. So it doesn't make much sense.

I'd trade a 2nd for Stewart.

BRONCOS, Rams, Jets, Buccaneers, Browns, Chargers, Colts, Lions, Packers, GIANTS, Seahawks maybe.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dan Marino is the best "thrower" to ever play the game.

If he played in today's era, he'd be considered the best qb to ever play the game.
Dude would throw for 6000. With that quick release and the fireballs he can throw, he would eat those soft defenses right up.

I mean ****, he did it back when defenders could molest receivers to their hearts content.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Unless he's agreed to play FB (extremely doubtful) or D-Will's contract is cuttable after year one, then yeah, I'd assume so. It's messed up though because he's better than DWill AND the coaching staff clearly liked him more. So it doesn't make much sense.

I'd trade a 2nd for Stewart.

BRONCOS, Rams, Jets, Buccaneers, Browns, Chargers, Colts, Lions, Packers, GIANTS, Seahawks maybe.
I think a 2nd is pretty high given his injury history, but J-Stew is still one of the better physical specimens in the NFL at the RB position. 5'10, 235 with legit 4.4 speed...I thought he was Jamal Lewis 2.0.

Sigh.

I can see a conditional 3rd that jumps up to a 2nd if Stewart meets certain statistical incentives though. That'd probably be a fair deal for both parties. Denver makes alot of sense, seeing as how Fox drafted him and loves his 2 RB sets.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

When did Jamal Lewis have 4.4 speed?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think a 2nd is pretty high given his injury history, but J-Stew is still one of the better physical specimens in the NFL at the RB position. 5'10, 235 with legit 4.4 speed...I thought he was Jamal Lewis 2.0.

Sigh.

I can see a conditional 3rd that jumps up to a 2nd if Stewart meets certain statistical incentives though. That'd probably be a fair deal for both parties. Denver makes alot of sense, seeing as how Fox drafted him and loves his 2 RB sets.
Stewart quietly was very impressive last season.

The Panthers OL was awful at run-blocking for some reason and he had to split time with Williams.

But he was every bit of the back that we all expected him to be last season in terms of power and breaking tackles.

And he far exceeded expectations as a third-down back in terms of receiving and especially as a pass protector. He CLEARLY worked very hard at that and actually turned into one of the best 3DBs in the league.

This move is curious because you traditionally don't trade a guy that valuable, coming off a career year, who has clearly worked hard to develop his game by working on his blocking and receiving.

Maybe he requested a trade? And now the Panthers signed Tolbert so they can follow through? That makes more sense than just trading your 3rd best offensive player. Maybe he wanted a shot to be a 3-down featured back and didn't like DWill's presence? That makes sense.

Or maybe the Panthers really just want three RBs that need the ball. Hm.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The panthers do not use more than 2 backs. Mike Goodson has a good season, and then last year he didn't get a single touch.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Personally (and I said this at the time too,) I would have let Williams go and went with a 1-2 of Stewart and Goodson.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers FO is so so awful.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Just checked his stats.

He averaged 5.4 yards per carry, had 47 receptions, didn't lose a fumble, and scored 5 touchdowns despite Newton also scoring a million rushing TDs and Williams taking his carries.

Again, he was CLEARLY better than Williams and played 3rd downs over him.

And he's 24 years old. The injury history is concerning, but he's 100% healthy now coming off a healthy year AND he doesn't have as much wear-and-tear on his wheels because he missed so much time.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is an extremely curious move by Carolina and one that some team is going to be VERY happy to take advantage of.

Stewart will be a VERY significant acquisition for someone. Pick #25 might not even be too high for John Fox. I'd expect a bunch of teams to make offers...
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When did Jamal Lewis have 4.4 speed?
He ran 4.39 at his Tennessee Pro Day. Jamal Lewis was a hell of a RB, people forget that with all the legal drama he suffered over the course of his career.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm normally against using first round picks on RBs with so many good ones available by other means, but the Giants should seriously consider giving up #32 for Stewart to ensure they get him.

Because **** the rest of the league, that's why.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Stephen Hill at 32. Bc 6 4" 4.3 Stephen Hill 1 on 1 streaking down the field bc Nicks and Cruz both take double teams is a good look for our offense.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm normally against using first round picks on RBs with so many good ones available by other means, but the Giants should seriously consider giving up #32 for Stewart to ensure they get him.

Because **** the rest of the league, that's why.
Thought about this as soon as the Tolbert news broke. I just don't see the value, #64? Definitely. #32? Nah.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Start by offering 64 but if there is any kind of bidding war, throw out 32.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We have too many FAs coming up for us to trade and then sign Stewart for a long term contract.

If paying Stewart means Kenny Phillips, Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, Antrell Rolle, Michael Boley, Nicks, Chris Canty, etc walk out the door, I'll be upset.

We have to be real cheap and smart about how we budget our money over the next 3 years bc this roster is going to look very different within 2 years. Maybe even 1. Too many contracts coming up.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Stewart's current contract terms? That would factor in any trade.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering Lynch one incident away from a big suspension pulled in a 4th and 6th round pick, Stewart's bottom line should be a 3rd rounder. How much he is worth probably depends on how many teams would want him. The Bengals and Jets are two teams that would make a lot of sense to me, and the Bengals would probably be able to stomach giving up a 2nd rounder for him.

Imagine if the Bengals traded their 2nd for him and then used their 1st to offer Wallace a contract and DeCastro was available at 17. I'd just become a Bengals fan as soon as the Bills fall out of contention.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote