Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clemson is the school that gave us Pete Carroll's "franchise Quarterback." They can't be bad. Who am I supposed to trust? Respected NFL coach Pete Carroll ...or you schmucks?

/fallaciousappealtoauthority
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean the guy who isn't even on the team anymore and was beaten out by Tarvaris Jackson?

Pete Carroll just has such wonderful taste in QBs. I can tell.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You mean the guy who isn't even on the team anymore and was beaten out by Tarvaris Jackson?

Pete Carroll just has such wonderful taste in QBs. I can tell.
Pete Carroll knows what's up.

Hey, man. Matt Flynn had two good starts. He's pretty much better than Jay Cutler already.

The only reason Clipboard Jesus isn't on the team is that Matt Flynn is even more franchise-er.

/Greenbayfansbackwhentheywantedtofranchiseandtradeh im

Last edited by Monomach : 05-11-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, Matt Flynn? He's old news. Graham Harrell must be the 2nd best QB in that division (after Saint Aaron of course) if the almighty Ted didn't bother finding a better backup.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Pete Carroll knows what's up.

Hey, man. Matt Flynn had two good starts. He's pretty much better than Jay Cutler already.

/Greenbayfansbackwhentheywantedtofranchiseandtradeh im
I just want to point out that I was never one of those Green Bay fans. I was seriously against franchising him, and I've been a vocal critic of Flynn ever since they drafted him. He's developed into an outstanding backup, but I expect him to be an interception machine as a starter, and he won't have the benefit of playing in the McCarthy/Philbin offense.

Quote:
Please, Matt Flynn? He's old news. Graham Harrell must be the 2nd best QB in that division (after Saint Aaron of course) if the almighty Ted didn't bother finding a better backup.
I'm still holding out hope that they swing a trade for McCoy, but I know that it's going to be BJ COLEMAN TIME if AR bumps his head again. :(

Last edited by WCH : 05-11-2012 at 12:22 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really liked crezdon butler once upon a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

We don't mean you WCH. You seem pretty reasonable. But certain others believe this stuff.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought Flynn would be good or worth a high draft pick, but i wanted us to franchise him and trade him, because i thought teams would be stupid enough to give up a 2nd round pick for him.

Oh yeah and because i didn't want us to franchise Finley...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...al-with-bills/

Speaking of backup QBs....Vince Young is a Bill.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I never thought Flynn would be good or worth a high draft pick, but i wanted us to franchise him and trade him, because i thought teams would be stupid enough to give up a 2nd round pick for him.

Oh yeah and because i didn't want us to franchise Finley...
You were never going to get a second for Flynn. Matt Cassell yielded only a second and we had to throw in Mike Vrabel. Flynn is going to show his true colors in Seattle, and I fear that his true colors matches **** stains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
You were never going to get a second for Flynn. Matt Cassell yielded only a second and we had to throw in Mike Vrabel. Flynn is going to show his true colors in Seattle, and I fear that his true colors matches **** stains.
He's not even going to get a chance because Russell Wilson is going to badass the hell out of that team's QB job. Didn't you hear the analysts on ESPN? I'm pretty sure Russell is secretly Superman. Only explanation.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
Speaking of backup QBs....Vince Young is a Bill.

/whyImhappy
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the Flynn situation worked out about as well as it could have for GB. They'll probably get a 4th round compensatory pick based on his contract an expected playing time. Maybe even a 3rd. Then he can come back in two years to back up Rodgers. It's Doug Pederson all over again.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think that the Flynn situation worked out about as well as it could have for GB. They'll probably get a 4th round compensatory pick based on his contract an expected playing time. Maybe even a 3rd. Then he can come back in two years to back up Rodgers. It's Doug Pederson all over again.
Don't forget, you actually signed some free agents this year. If Saturday or Hargrove start some games, you won't get as good of a comp pick.

I know that's shocking for a Packer fan but yes, that can happen.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's not even going to get a chance because Russell Wilson is going to badass the hell out of that team's QB job. Didn't you hear the analysts on ESPN? I'm pretty sure Russell is secretly Superman. Only explanation.
Matt Flynn is overhyped. Played in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Russell Wilson is overhyped. Played in Madison, Wisconsin.

I don't think this is a coincidence.

Quote:
Don't forget, you actually signed some free agents this year. If Saturday or Hargrove start some games, you won't get as good of a comp pick.

ARGH! I forgot about that...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Flynn believer! I don't think he will be omgzzz great but average which is better then a few teams QBs. I thought possibly we could get a 3rd because teams are desperate but that was a lot of risk if it didnt work. Harrell needs to improve a lot otherwise are backups scare me.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wait, teams are allowed to sign free agents?

I actually think Saturday was the first free agent i've seen the Packers sign. Wasn't the last one 4 years ago lol.

Saturday will probably get a lot of playing time, but i don't expect any of the others to get much. Hargrove has been suspended for 8 games and he'll probably be our 6th defensive lineman.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

/whyImhappy
HAHA

I remember back in 09 when some Dolphins fans(not here) was pimping him out to be the QB of the future. Yeah it was that bad.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, even if you didn't pay him a lot, Saturday starting 16 games would definitely hurt you in gaining comp picks. I could see it knocking down whatever you would have gotten for Flynn by a round or two at least. And that's assuming he gets some starts in Seattle.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

I think that Flynn should be able to win the starting job, given Seattle's crap-shack of QBs (sorry, Seahawks fans). I also think Hargrove is going to be battling Mike Neal for a roster spot, because I don't think GB carries two suspended DEs.

Saturday is a problem though. I think Evan Dietrich-Smith is the only other non-UDFA center on the roster.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Packer Fan First World Problems:

"Our one free agent might get too much playing time and cost us a comp pick..."
Old 05-11-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Lol, this is so true! :D

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I also think Hargrove is going to be battling Mike Neal for a roster spot, because I don't think GB carries two suspended DEs.
Suspended players don't count against the roster.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:

It's funny, because it's true. Now that I think about it, the Packer forums were littered with posts along the lines of "we're going to lose a compensatory pick because we signed Jeff ******* Saturday????"

Last edited by WCH : 05-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.