Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Would it be better if he looked like this:
If a right tackle looked like that coming out of college, they would get drafted higher than we have ever seen a right tackle go. It isn't a very highly valued position as others, but when you get a once in a generation type talent you can't pass up your chance. I'm talking like maybe sixth overall.

Srsly tho I am an Andre Smith fan. Even when he was a rookie holding out I would always pick him up in my Madden dynasties and move him to RG. Pwn fools

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If a right tackle looked like that coming out of college, they would get drafted higher than we have ever seen a right tackle go. It isn't a very highly valued position as others, but when you get a once in a generation type talent you can't pass up your chance. I'm talking like maybe sixth overall.

Srsly tho I am an Andre Smith fan. Even when he was a rookie holding out I would always pick him up in my Madden dynasties and move him to RG. Pwn fools
I always drafted tackles in madden and put them all over the OL.
Dominate.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop with facts please.
Let's just go with 4 year old jokes and made up stories.
I don't know why I'm spending so much time defending a Bengals player, lol. I'm almost completely ambivalent toward that team other than the fact that Mike Zimmer and I used to hang out a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
chiefs lock up bowe, tag albert, lock up colquitt.

so, uhm, now what?
Err'body better get dem Luke Joeckel picks out they mocks!

Quote:
I always drafted tackles in madden and put them all over the OL.
Dominate.
Yar. Me too. 5 tackles on the line. Middling 3-4 LBs who are bigger guys made good 4-3 DEs, too. 3-4 DEs made great 4-3 DTs. Haloti Ngata GOAT @ 4-3 DT.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I don't know why I'm spending so much time defending a Bengals player, lol. I'm almost completely ambivalent toward that team other than the fact that Mike Zimmer and I used to hang out a little.
Because he is good and deserves the praise.
We still get **** from the last 20 years despite being run like a legit team lately with a group of really good players and having been drafting incredibly well.

Oh well.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay genius, RT was by far and away our biggest need, and since you clearly have such an in depth knowledge of the Bengals who in the 2009 draft was worth the #6 overall pick? The only other guy I wanted was Orakpo.
Orakpo is the clear better pick in that situation, yes. But there was also Crabtree (you had Chad Johnson and who?), BJ Raji (who was your best DT then, Peko?), Cushing (positional value vs. RT is debatable, but hey you did get Maualuga)... that's all I can think of. I could understand taking Smith at #6 to play LT, but RT? Not a good pick IMO.

Also, chill the **** out dude. I thought you were cooler than this. Smith was widely considered a LT prospect at that time and for the most part I (and most others that aren't Bengals fans) don't give a **** about the Bengals. I made a mistake, I admit it. I think it was an understandable one, but I still admit it. Is that really a good reason for you to get your panties all twisty?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Dorsey for President!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Orakpo is the clear better pick in that situation, yes. But there was also Crabtree (you had Chad Johnson and who?), BJ Raji (who was your best DT then, Peko?), Cushing (positional value vs. RT is debatable, but hey you did get Maualuga)... that's all I can think of. I could understand taking Smith at #6 to play LT, but RT? Not a good pick IMO.

Also, chill the **** out dude. I thought you were cooler than this. Smith was widely considered a LT prospect at that time and for the most part I (and most others that aren't Bengals fans) don't give a **** about the Bengals. I made a mistake, I admit it. I think it was an understandable one, but I still admit it. Is that really a good reason for you to get your panties all twisty?
Cushing wasnt a top 10 player.
BJ didn't fit with Peko there.
RT was just our biggest need by far. There really wasn't even a close 2nd.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Chiefs reach a 5 year deal with both Bowe and Colquitt, tag Branden Albert.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving a punter almost $4 million a year? Seriously, Chiefs?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Giving a punter almost $4 million a year? Seriously, Chiefs?
Colquitt is one of the best in the NFL. He has more than earned that contract.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn cant believe they resigned bowe
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm shocked. I can't believe we did either. I can't believe we kept all three guys in house. That is awesome.

Dorsey and Reid earned a little trust back now.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm shocked. I can't believe we did either. I can't believe we kept all three guys in house. That is awesome.

Dorsey and Reid earned a little trust back now.
gonna state the obvious when I say that not ONE of these moves happens under previous regime
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a completely ridiculous deal for a punter. You can pick these guys up off the streets.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
gonna state the obvious when I say that not ONE of these moves happens under previous regime
Yeah, Albert and Bowe walk under Pioli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
That is a completely ridiculous deal for a punter. You can pick these guys up off the streets.
For a top 3 punter in the NFL? You can pick punters off the street, but why not pay a guy you drafted who has proven that he is one of the best in the game?

I like that. You draft a guy and he produces? Lock him up.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colquitt is a stud. If anything they didn't pay him enough.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may be one of the best in the league but the difference between a top 3 punter and a to
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tagging Albert's a good move. Can't just let left tackles that good wander off to greener pastures that easily.

Signing Colquitt's great but dammmmmn that's a lot for a puntard.

Locking up Bowe is obviously awesome, but I'm wondering how ridiculous the contract is.

Alex Smith trade is still super terrible and renders all deals moot. Team is still capped at 9-7 or so.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Colquitt is a stud. If anything they didn't pay him enough.
Bryan Anger's going to go for $50 million guaranteed on his next contract.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is a funny quote:

Quote:
With veteran quarterback Alex Smith now in the fold, the star wideout's production should see a major spike in production.
has anyone ever see alex smith spike anyones numbers?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bowe: 5 years/50 million
Colquitt: 5 years/18.75 million
Albert: 1 year/9.83 million

These are the rumors right now.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of the day he's still a punter. I don't care how good he is. $3.75 per year with $9 million guaranteed is ridiculous for a punter. The difference between the best punter in NFL history, whoever you'd like to say that is, and a street free agent is not a difference of $3+ million a year. Spend that money on players that will cause you to use your punter less often.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Bowe: 5 years/50 million
This is actually what I have been expecting all along.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
At the end of the day he's still a punter. I don't care how good he is. $3.75 per year with $9 million guaranteed is ridiculous for a punter. The difference between the best punter in NFL history, whoever you'd like to say that is, and a street free agent is not a difference of $3+ million a year. Spend that money on players that will cause you to use your punter less often.
We just traded a 2nd and a 3rd(2nd) for Alex ******* Smith. Colquitt is needed.