Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I wouldn't classify any of them as a "huge bust". Bethel Johnson was a late second rounder who was very one dimensional, but he really just sucked after his first year. He made a few big plays but then did nothing.

Graham was a great blocking tight end and a decent receiver, you don't draft that in the first round.

Watson was one of the more frusturating players we ever had, just never put it together. He has stuck around for a while but he is a fringe starting caliber NFL tight end despite having all of the tools in the world and a good head on his shoulders.

Branch was money in the playoffs then we cashed in on him, he is pretty much done now. We didn't pay Givens and it looks like that was the right decision, I hate what happened to him and he was one of my favorite Patriots.

I am all for us drafting a receiver in the first this year and pretty much all the Pats fans seem to be on board with it. Welker coming back is inevitable, I am OK with it but some people don't share my sentiment on that. Even with Welker and a potential high pickm we still need somebody else, and bringing in a mid-level FA sounds like a likely scenario. No disagreement on that front.

We probably will just bank on Gronk/Hernandez being healthy, re-sign Welker, and pick up a 31 year old vet whose gas light is on. I am just preparing for it.
How bout Wallace? I feel like hes a lock to be a brown, a patriot, or a dolphin
Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
lol, I refuse to go through 535 pages of this free agency thread to see what how many times this has happened

"John Doe has been cut"

Patriots fan- I wouldn't mind him being a Patriot, he fits our system perfectly!

-or-

"John Doe will not be signed by his team and will become a FA"

Patriots fan- I wouldn't mind him being a Patriot, he fits our system perfectly!

I guess it is unfair because other fans do it (I've been guilty myself a few times), but I find that it happens in excess amounts when it comes to the Patriots. I'm not upset or attacking you guys, I just find it entertaining.
He is a white wide receiver who plays for the Dolphins. Considering our incompetence at drafting/developing our own wideouts, I would play the odds on Hartline and pick him up. He is nothing like Welke but white lightning could strike twice.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
How bout Wallace? I feel like hes a lock to be a brown, a patriot, or a dolphin
I have been a Mike Wallace fan since his Ole Miss days but the Patriots aren't going to sign him. He'll want to much money. He is exactly what we need though, we haven't had a guy who can get behind a defense since Randy in his heyday. Having a guy who could do that with Welker underneath plus Gronk/Hernandez would be ideal, but it is a Madden-esque pipe dream. Plus Wallace isn't coming off a great year. I don't doubt he will bounce back, but his value simply isn't as high as it was a year ago yet he will still be asking for some serious coin.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol, I refuse to go through 535 pages of this free agency thread to see what how many times this has happened

"John Doe has been cut"

-or-

"John Doe will not be signed by his team and will become a FA"

I guess it is unfair because other fans do it (I've been guilty myself a few times), but I find that it happens in excess amounts when it comes to the Patriots. I'm not upset or attacking you guys, I just find it entertaining.

So without actually checking you're going to go ahead and lol about it as though it exists anyway.

Yeah . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's pretty sad when your career highlight is something you did in practice.
Well he had that incredible catch behind Brian Dawkins's back that didn't count and he also had this one that did...both more impressive than the practice one.

The Dwayne Bowe contract numbers are insane, but I haven't looked up the breakdown of the contract.

Last edited by nepg : 03-05-2013 at 12:56 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
So without actually checking you're going to go ahead and lol about it as though it exists anyway.

Yeah . . .

I've done it before, and if you must insist, I shall do it again for the lolz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I have been a Mike Wallace fan since his Ole Miss days but the Patriots aren't going to sign him. He'll want to much money. He is exactly what we need though, we haven't had a guy who can get behind a defense since Randy in his heyday. Having a guy who could do that with Welker underneath plus Gronk/Hernandez would be ideal, but it is a Madden-esque pipe dream. Plus Wallace isn't coming off a great year. I don't doubt he will bounce back, but his value simply isn't as high as it was a year ago yet he will still be asking for some serious coin.
wallace would be a 12-14 TD a year guy in NE. He didnt have a great year because haley didnt ask him to go downfield nearly as much as arians did and when the time to attack down field came later in the season ben was too hurt to throw it (2 years now)

Absolutely hate seeing him walk away with no compensation...4000 yards and 32 TDs in 4 years and we get nothing for him. He averages more TDs in a season than brown and sanders have in their careers.

Hes not the most well rounder WR, he is what he is...a deep threat. He was asked to replace Holmes and Nate Washington, he managed to shatter Washingtons production, but hes not as complete as holmes. Its infuriating seeing him leave with nothing to show for it except a hefty contract for antonio brown.

32 TDs in his first 4 years..few WRs have put up those numbers in their first 4 years. Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Larry Fitz, Calvin johnson...thats pretty much it. not that hes in that league of player, but hes a young players whos been productive, has great speed and ability to adjust to the ball in the air. Hell his first 4 years were better than wards 4 best years. Theres room for him to grow, im just sad ill have to watch him do it elsewhere.../rant

Last edited by K Train : 03-05-2013 at 12:59 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've done it before, and if you must insist, I shall do it again for the lolz.
No, I don't really care that much, tbh. I posted a few snarky comments and my favorite CSB gif. I'm good. lol

Old 03-05-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Trust me I would love to have Wallace on the Patriots. He is a perfect fit for what we need, he is not the most well rounded receiver as you said, but I would not call him "one-dimensional". He has one skill that stands out above the rest and that is going deep, which he is arguably the best at in the NFL today. He isn't terrible at other facets of the game, he just isn't dynamic in all facets as you mentioned. He would be deadly with Welker underneath, Gronk/Hernandez doing their thing, and an improving running game surrounding Brady. I don't get my hopes up for these things though. Damn you KTrain.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Premium priced FAs are rare for BB. They seem to be exclusively on the defensive side of the ball, too. I don't think there's a fan out there that wouldn't want their team to sign Wallace, at this point. Which is why it's highly unlikely the Patriots are the organization that puts in the high bid.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Premium priced FAs are rare for BB. They seem to be exclusively on the defensive side of the ball, too. I don't think there's a fan out there that wouldn't want their team to sign Wallace, at this point. Which is why it's highly unlikely the Patriots are the organization that puts in the high bid.
The last one I remember is Adalius Thomas.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

DJ Moore told hes being let go by the bears...i wouldnt hate brinign him in. Hes expressed he wants to play FS, we could use DB help with Keenan Lewis probably gone
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The last one I remember is Adalius Thomas.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
DJ Moore told hes being let go by the bears...i wouldnt hate brinign him in. Hes expressed he wants to play FS, we could use DB help with Keenan Lewis probably gone
He said he wants to play FS, but that's crazy talk. He's basically an above-average nickel corner, which is nice and has its place on every team. He didn't deserve to get benched the way he did; he's better than the guy who replaced him...but I would never, ever want him on the outside as a replacement for Lewis.

If you guys can't re-sign Lewis, you'd be much better off trying for Greg Toler or EJ Biggers or something.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i would want him more for a NB/FS role to compete with curtis brown and william ***. Cortez allen would replace lewis on the outside
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I haven't thought about Adalius Thomas in forever. He was such a stud in Baltimore.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Dwayne Bowe contract numbers are insane, but I haven't looked up the breakdown of the contract.
I fully expected him to get 50 from either the Chiefs or someone else so 56 doesn't really surprise me.

He might have got even more in FA.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how 50 million for a top ~10-15 receiver is regarded as insane but ******* HORRIBLE baseball players net ridiculous contracts all the time it seems.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I like how 50 million for a top ~10-15 receiver is regarded as insane but ******* HORRIBLE baseball players net ridiculous contracts all the time it seems.
...and let's all take a moment to thank the football gods for giving us the salary cap, thereby preventing the Alex Smiths of the world from getting 30 mil/year.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi is going to be released, per Howard Eskin.

Andy Reid connection! Eh?! EH?!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

You traded for Alex Smith man.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
You traded for Alex Smith man.
Well that was a mean thing to say.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Man I haven't thought about Adalius Thomas in forever. He was such a stud in Baltimore.
One season, he played a snap at every defensive position except CB, I believe. At 270 pounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Ryan Grigson was Director of Player Personnel the year the Eagles brought Aso in, and Chuck Pagano was his DB coach during his best years in Oakland. The Colts were a playoff team last year and we have ~$45 million in cap space.

So if the Colts don't make a run at him, that is proof enough for me that Aso is done.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
One season, he played a snap at every defensive position except CB, I believe. At 270 pounds.
He never bought into that Patriot Way BS either. I'll always appreciate that about him.

i done stole dis sig