Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
curious what the colledge deals going to look like. a lot of olineman i think are going ot start signing soon.
early reports are its a 5 yr deal around 27-29 million. Don't know how much is guaranteed, however
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons bring back LB Mike Peterson and cut/dont sign HB Jerious Norwood

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...rees-to-terms/

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...rious-norwood/

Last edited by georgiafan : 07-28-2011 at 10:54 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Outdated. Antiquated laws.
Take your Cornsyrup, we dont want that in our beer!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S i d n e y R i c e !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Falcons bring back LB Mike Peterson and cut HB Jerious Norwood

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...rees-to-terms/
I want Norwood in Pittsburgh, I think he's exactly what we need to complement Mendenhall.

Falcons fans, how well was Nowrood playing prior to his last injury?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Can't argue with that.
with those racks, who the hell is looking at their faces?

anyway, we got razors for that. you can shave a mustache. you can't fake a 36DD chest.

well...you technically can...whatever, you get the point.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Did they re-sign Manny Lawson?
Still a FA. This is just an argument several have used as a reason to re-sign him.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Can't argue with that.
you are thinking of italy and france

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I want Norwood in Pittsburgh, I think he's exactly what we need to complement Mendenhall.

Norwood can help a team out as a 3rd back and KR guy bc he has some speed. The major major knock on him is just staying healthy. He has only played in a full 16 games like once in 5 or 6 years. Even though he is listed at 209 lbs he doesnt look like it. He is just always hurt.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears interested in Malcolm Floyd and Stephen Bowen apparently.

But the "interest" in Bowen may be being overplayed to get a larger contract out of Dallas.

Vikes have interest in Floyd as well if the Jones thing falls through.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Big Al goes to another 3-4 team? uhh ... okay....

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

Take a look at his yards per carry trend... He's as dynamic as they come when he's healthy. But the thing is, he's pure speed. Not great with hole recognition, etc., etc., completely reliant on his legs. And his legs always find a way to get hurt.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Take your Cornsyrup, we dont want that in our beer!
Or other fruit, spices, etc that prevent any real kind of variety.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Take a look at his yards per carry trend... He's as dynamic as they come when he's healthy. But the thing is, he's pure speed. Not great with hole recognition, etc., etc., completely reliant on his legs. And his legs always find a way to get hurt.
sounds like willie parker, i think norwood is much more elusive than willie parker though who had the vision of a blind RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's try this again...

Quote:
Jason La Canfora

After extensive meetings 49ers have informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Could return later, but SF clears over $7M in cap now
http://twitter.com/#!/jasonlacanfora

The cap number is confusing. This is the first I've heard $7 Million. The number was $15 Million two days ago and over $17 Million, yesterday.

*awaits confirmation*
Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today seems slower than yesterday. I guess once all the veterans get cut this afternoon things could pick up quickly.

I figured Orton/Kolb trades would have happened/became official already, Ray Edwards and Braylon Edwards have new teams, same goes for Cro and ASO.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did gaither or joseph find a home yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

ok here's some more...

Quote:
Jason La Canfora

On Clements, to clarify, 49ers save $7.25M cash (base salary) and $15M in cap space. But I'd be surprised at this point if they get Nnamdi
http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

Quote:
According to the Detroit Free Press, the 49ers are one of the teams showing interest in free agent Johnathan Joseph.The Free Press lists the Lions, Texans, and Bengals as being in pursuit as well. This is notable because the 49ers had not been connected to Joseph previously, and recent word broke that the Texans have pulled into the lead for Nnamdi Asomugha. The Niners were known to be pursuing Asomugha. It's possible they've pegged Joseph as a fall-back option if Asomugha goes to Houston.
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3693/johnathan-joseph
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
did gaither or joseph find a home yet?
I believe they are still homeless.

Gaither has been linked to Oakland and Joseph to Detroit though, supposedly both were working on deals or something like that.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners are preparing to make a big deal to Joseph, now that they're supposedly out of the Aso race.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Total side note, but this Joe Paterno press conference is hilarious. I doubt he even knows where he is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

49ers still going hard for Asomugha, with Joseph as a fall-back.

They've also supposedly topped Chicago's offer for Olin Kreutz.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
49ers still going hard for Asomugha, with Joseph as a fall-back.

They've also supposedly topped Chicago's offer for Olin Kreutz.
Quote:

"I'd be surprised at this point if they got Nnamdi," La Canfora wrote on Twitter. The 49ers cleared $15.7 million worth of cap space with Nate Clements' release, but a report minutes ago suggested they are now pursuit of Johnathan Joseph instead. We're speculating, but the Asomugha sweepstakes looks to be coming down to a two-horse race: It's the Jets against the Texans.

JLC
..........(10)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you steal Joseph from us, you will all die.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
..........(10)
it's all speculation at this point...

Quote:
John Clayton

The 49ers release of cornerback Nate Clements clears $15.7 million of cap room. That should put them in the Nnamdi hunt
Either way they want Nnamdi or Joseph badly.