Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Something that a lot of people don't understand is that this is a business, and when it comes to your money, players always look out for numero uno first. And they should.

It's always about the money. Always. Winning is a close second, but it is a second.
Yeah....well....go resign one of your players from last years team again. : )

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Yeah....well....go resign one of your players from last years team again. : )
I think the only one left is Glenn Dorsey, and I really hope we don't re-sign him! :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So they would have been better off to let Flacco walk so that they could keep Boldin around? And have who throw to him?
Once again people putting words in my mouth.

They can afford to keep Boldin, and they are choosing not to. I think this is a bad decision and will impact Flacco's ability to excel next year.

It is an opinion, and no where did I state they shouldn't have paid Flacco. It was the market rate and I think he is getting overpaid greatly and that it will turn out to hurt the Ravens.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame Boldin for not taking a pay cut. Players destroy their bodies for this game, and deserve to get compensated. He got his ring, and it's not like he can't find a job somewhere else. I'm sure Indy would love to pick him up as a target for Luck, and lord knows they have plenty of cap space (just as an example).
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
When did I take a shot at you or get personal? Try to stay on topic here, I never even slightly got personal. I said you don't understand contract negotiations or timing of these things because your acting like what happened here was so weird. Both Flacco, and the Ravens took a gamble, Flacco won and got paid rightfully. I also don't think Boldin got screwed over, he's 32 years old, so I guess we should fully expect him to not drop off in play at all right? And if he does then they are overpaying him, the same thing your blaming them for doing with Flacco.

I've done or said nothing to even remotely sound angry, stop being so sensitive. Boldin was a huge reason for his success, when did I deny that he wasn't? What I asked you in return to that, was when was the last time a QB had a good post season run and didn't have 1 skill position player come through and produce big time? You never answered that, because you wouldn't be able to find one. Boldin did play great, but there are still decisions to be made about his contract and future going forward.

Every team with a top tier QB has to figure out how to make their cap situation work with a ton of money tied up into the QB position, this is nothing new. Do you think they would be better off like the Browns? They have no QB and a ton of money to spend, does that sound better?

IMO, I don't think it's Flacco's responsibility to be trying to take money off of his contract to fit everyone else under the cap. How many athletes actually do this? When Brees was getting his contract I don't remember him trying to shave money off the top to ensure everyone else got signed. They probably don't have much money to sign Jimmy Graham to a mega contract maybe he should restructure and take 3-4 back to put on the cap. He brought home a SB, he deserves every penny. I'd be more then willing to go through a 1-2 year rebuild and lose some players to win the SB and lock up our franchise QB vs not have the Lombardi trophy but have more cap space.

I guess I just don't understand why everyone wants Flacco to do the moral thing and take millions of dollars less when nobody else is expected to do the same. Also, unless I'm mistaken, his cap hit this year isn't that high to begin with so they were going to have issues with Boldin and his cap hit this year anyway.
love the points you are making man, would +rep you but apparently I already have.

Anyways, yeah, Flacco's contract is structured to give the Ravens more flexibility now(so it's not like he totally screwed the Ravens like people seem to think) but Joe Linta even said that it would probably have to get re-visited in 2016-2018.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does "deep talks" insinuate Powers and Chargers brass are holding hands while negotiating.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5139/jerraud-powers
"The Chargers are expected to have "deep talks" with free agent CB Jerraud Powers.
New Bolts GM Tom Telesco was in Indianapolis' front office when Powers was drafted. Like the Colts, the Chargers are needy at cornerback but have quite a bit less cap space to spend. Powers should be cheaper than Antoine Cason. M"

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure, but I know the Colts want Powers back despite all the injuries he seems to get. He has stated he wants to come back to the Colts so it will be very interesting to see how it all goes down.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When a franchise qb like Flacco gets paid, you're gonna lose players around him. That's why its up to that franchise qb to make the players around him better, and elevate the play of whoever steps in for lost players.

That's what franchise quarterbacks do, and what we expect Flacco to do moving forward. That's the litmus test for a good qb. Can he make those around him better? If the answer is no, then he's not a franchise qb and you are in all likelihood going to have to look for someone else to build the team around.

I think Flacco is starting to reach that level, and will develop into this kind of player. He's young, he's only going to get better and we've seen signs of improvement. But in order for this contract to work out, they're taking the leap of faith in the understanding that Flacco will become that guy and elevate those around him to make up for his cap hit.

It's similar to Eli Manning. I remember when everyone was like lulz overrated and overpaid. Turns out he was worth every penny he got. You have to project talent. You can't just look at the bottomline as a black and white picture.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco's new deal is pretty team friendly at first so his contract isn't why Boldin might be cut. Boldin is set to make 6 mil and said that he wouldn't play anywhere else but Baltimore. So the Ravens said they would cut his pay a lot and Boldin has balked at that. He still might reduce his contract a little and stay with the team. This is just a negotiation through the media.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Flacco's new deal is pretty team friendly at first so his contract isn't why Boldin might be cut. Boldin is set to make 6 mil and said that he wouldn't play anywhere else but Baltimore. So the Ravens said they would cut his pay a lot and Boldin has balked at that. He still might reduce his contract a little and stay with the team. This is just a negotiation through the media.
Exactly. People need to stop taking the easy "blame Flacco's new deal" stance since that isn't what's leading to the Boldin drama. Boldin actually has a bigger cap hit for next season than Flacco does. Trying to re-sign Ellerbe and/or Reed is likely the biggest culprit.

I really hope they don't lose Boldin to just overpay those guys though. Ellerbe can be replaced and while Reed is still somewhat important to the defense he's not a guy that deserves a bigger contract either.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Technically he's set to make just over $7.5 million, with about $6 million in cap savings. I see nothing wrong with what Baltimore is doing there, considering that $7.5 million is too much for someone who caught 65-921-4. Brandon Lloyd was equally productive (74-911-4), but took a lot of heat all season from fans for not living up to his contract, which had an average annual value of $5 million. With Boldin contributing 57.5 yards per game (or 61.4 if you exclude the game he missed), that'd be a spot where I'd rather reinvest than pay someone who's turning 33 out of sentimentality over the previous season. Does he have value as a sure-handed possession receiver and leader? Sure. Is that worth $7.5 million? No.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Cardschatter
More roster moves: @azcardinals release WR Early Doucet, and confirm tender of second round to RFA QB Brian Hoyer.

The @AZCardinals also tender exclusive rights FAs RB William Powell, RB Alfonso Smith and DE Ronald Talley.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Technically he's set to make just over $7.5 million, with about $6 million in cap savings. I see nothing wrong with what Baltimore is doing there, considering that $7.5 million is too much for someone who caught 65-921-4. Brandon Lloyd was equally productive (74-911-4), but took a lot of heat all season from fans for not living up to his contract, which had an average annual value of $5 million. With Boldin contributing 57.5 yards per game (or 61.4 if you exclude the game he missed), that'd be a spot where I'd rather reinvest than pay someone who's turning 33 out of sentimentality over the previous season. Does he have value as a sure-handed possession receiver and leader? Sure. Is that worth $7.5 million? No.
Boldin's cap hit is about $7.5 million and his salary for this season is $6 million. The extra million and a half comes from the bonus which was prorated when he signed an extension after Baltimore traded for him. He's making $6 million this season (if he isn't cut).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Anyone else scared their team is going to do something stupid on Tuesday.

Like "we just blew the offseason" on 1st day stupid.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah not sign anyone even though we have a million holes that could be fixed in this free agency.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 03-09-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah not sign anyone even though we have a million holes that could be fixed in this free agency.
Buffalo...Cleveland...

We just do what we do....yikes

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Once again people putting words in my mouth.
You are way too butthurt/sensitive. I asked you a question. That's what this (?) means.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
You are way too butthurt/sensitive. I asked you a question. That's what this (?) means.
Withey's reaction/dance moves in the background of your sig cracks me up.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Apparently, the Bears aren't even going to tender RFA DT Nate Collins. Stupid. He was really solid in the rotation this year.

I think he's getting screwed because the new DC was his DC in Jacksonville when they gave him away. Probably didn't even watch last year's film on him.
The lowest they could tender him would have been 1.32 million. It's not stupid to let him walk when he's our 4th defensive tackle at that money.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Where do I say it would have been a good idea to let Flacco walk, and why was it asked rhetorically. I never said that, you ask the question as if that was something I had previously implied and I didn't. I never said the Ravens shouldn't have kept Flacco, but that he is getting paid more than he is worth (which is sadly the market value for him right now).

All I said was that letting Boldin go is a mistake in my opinion.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I said was that letting Boldin go is a mistake in my opinion.
You also implied that it was an unclassy move. Why exactly was it unclassy?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can argue this all day, but the bottom line is that flacco got paid for what boldin did in the playoffs... for better or for worse, ignoring the fact that boldin is old and flacco is a certified franchise quarterback. the media makes it worse by calling it an 'ultimatum' and trying to stir the pot, it is what it is and the ravens still have some good (albeit still relatively unproven) receivers.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 03-09-2013 at 05:58 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The lowest they could tender him would have been 1.32 million. It's not stupid to let him walk when he's our 4th defensive tackle at that money.
He got the 3rd-most snaps at DT, not 4th...and he was more productive on a per-snap basis than the guy he was the primary backup for (Paea).

We'll probably end up throwing that money at the rotting carcass of what used to be Brian Urlacher instead so he can again challenge for the league lead in missed tackle %.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes, because the free agent period lends itself very well to paying players more than they're worth. That's why a lot of the most successful teams have avoided the signing frenzy (Green Bay, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, etc.) Draft picks are so cheap now that being able to make sound choices is much more valuable than throwing money at problems.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else worried that on Tuesday one or two fan bases will be screaming that their team won the offseason while all the others will be complaining that their team either overspent or did nothing.