Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I do not understand this whole Elvis Dumervil thing. The guy has come back from his lost season in 2010 with 20 1/2 sacks over the last two seasons.

If he really gets cut I would love to have him on the Bucs. Still only 29 years old. More of a pure pass rusher that Tampa needs so badly. Bennett is a nice player, but he's not a take over a game pass rusher like Elvis can do.
He's getting paid like one of the best DEs in the league. In reality, he's not an elite pass rusher; he's just a pretty good one. Against the run...there's no sugarcoating it; he's a liability.

Bennett is one of those guys where you don't know what you've got until it's gone. You guys are going to miss that incredible run defense and pretty good pass rushing.

Combined 2012 QB pressures, sacks, hits, and hurries
Dumervil: 60
Bennett: 72

Give Bennett Denver's secondary and he'd get a few coverage sacks added onto his total.

Bennett > Dumervil, at least last season. Since becoming a full time player, Bennett has been truly legit in a sneaky, under-the-radar way.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Cullen Jenkins to the Giants deal makes me sad (jealous).

I get so confused at how they make awesome deals like that and then keep trotting a bum like David Diehl out there as a starter. Dude's last good year was 2008.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@JosinaAnderson
Agent Carl Poston just told me that Chris Gamble informed him last night that he wants to retire. His full quote is coming next.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanted gamble too with keenan lewis moving on
Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Retire? That's...very interesting. He's only thirty, but perhaps he doesn't want to deal with injuries. I wonder why he let us cut him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agent Carl Poston to me on Chris Gamble informing him he wants to retire: “A number of teams have expressed interest in Chris Gamble. However, Chris informed me last night that he wants to retire. Even though he still loves football, he told me that he’s decided to focus on life after football. Chris has been a class act. I have represented him for nine years, ever since he came out of Ohio State. He’s been an ideal client and he was one of the best corners in game. He’s doing it the right way. He has taken care of his money and his investments to retire successfully, and now I wish him the best in his future endeavors.” —Carl Poston
The full quote.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always like Gamble. It seems like he still has a decent amount left in the tank and he just turned 29, but if he thinks it is time to go then more power to him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd never fault someone for stepping away from the game when they feel ready to do so. I like seeing someone go out on their own terms, especially when they've taken care of their financials and have set themselves up for the long term. Good on him, I used to love me some Chris Gamble in Madden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'd never fault someone for stepping away from the game when they feel ready to do so. I like seeing someone go out on their own terms, especially when they've taken care of their financials and have set themselves up for the long term. Good on him, I used to love me some Chris Gamble in Madden.
i love it. He made his cash and now hes set for life so hes walking. why keep playing and destroy his body when he can leave now, spend time with family and enjoy being young still? i get the whole 'love of the game' but its a very time consuming and high pressure career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
That Cullen Jenkins to the Giants deal makes me sad (jealous).

I get so confused at how they make awesome deals like that and then keep trotting a bum like David Diehl out there as a starter. Dude's last good year was 2008.
what are they going to do with jenkins? Giants have 5 or 6 DTs now and its a well known fact that their DTs come out in dime/passing situations, which is basically most of the game now a days.

Diehl is the vinny testaverde of Oline. You know hes really a shell of himself, yet the team keeps sending him out there to be a below average guy who gives you just enough to say nah dont replace him we have bigger needs.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy Harvin shaping up to be traded to Seattle according to tweet by Schefter.

Nothing about it being completed. No other details.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have 5 DT's now with Jenkins signed. Linval, Jenkins, Austin, Kuhn, Rogers. I doubt Rogers makes it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Percy Harvin shaping up to be traded to Seattle according to tweet by Schefter.

Nothing about it being completed. No other details.
That's funny. It wasn't long ago that the Vikings had Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin and the position was still considered a weakness by Minny.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Aso possibly being released by philly in the near future, does anyone else remember when people thought he was as good as revis? kinda funny then, way funnier now.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Official, Percy to Seattle!

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/311160128743280640

OMG, Seattle is going to be terrifying next year!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

@MikeJonesWaPo
Redskins have released DeAngelo Hall, source says.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
@MikeJonesWaPo
Rumors are he's already been committed by a Washington D.C. mental hospital on a 4 year contract.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Teams could now pick some linebackers, line them up at corner, and lock down the Viking receiver corps.

1) Jarius Wright
2) Greg Childs
3) Stephen Burton
4) Chris Summers

With Christian Ponder of all people throwing to them, no less.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Teams could now pick some linebackers, line them up at corner, and lock down the Viking receiver corps.

1) Jarius Wright
2) Greg Childs
3) Stephen Burton
4) Chris Summers

With Christian Ponder of all people throwing to them, no less.
Hahahahahahaha. Well you can lock a WR into one of those 1st rd picks, hopefully for them Keenan Allen is there. Adding Allen and Greg Jennings wouldn't be the worst thing. Ideally, I'd look to grab both those guys, and Brandon Gibson. As it is right now, they don't have ANY WR's. Wright is a nice gadget guy to plug in the slot to run a few different routes but your not running the offense through him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hahahahahahaha. Well you can lock a WR into one of those 1st rd picks, hopefully for them Keenan Allen is there. Adding Allen and Greg Jennings wouldn't be the worst thing. Ideally, I'd look to grab both those guys, and Brandon Gibson. As it is right now, they don't have ANY WR's. Wright is a nice gadget guy to plug in the slot to run a few different routes but your not running the offense through him.
They might as well use those first rounders on Eddie Lacy and Lane Johnson as a fullback. Install the Wing T offense, lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

They should draft Cobi Hamilton and trade one of those first round picks for Mallett.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-11-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
@MikeJonesWaPo
thank the lord
Old 03-11-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised to see Minny use a first on a WR and go for Jennings. Need to get talent on the outside for AP/Ponder.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Just heard a report that the only FA target that San Fran will "aggressively" pursue will be Lawrence Tynes.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just heard a report that the only FA target that San Fran will "aggressively" pursue will be Lawrence Tynes.
Not a big surprise. They're gonna manage their money so they can keep the core intact for the future and they have a whole bunch of draft picks to improve the team anyways.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Cowboys released Dan Connor.

sig by BoneKrusher