Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I like the Spaeth signing, but I'm a Gophers fan.

Don't want to lose Olson, think he's very special, but I do like the other guys we have at the position.
Olsen doesn't fit with Martz, or even the Bears culture in general.

Arizona would be a good place for him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AdamSchefter:
Redskins reached agreement with former Cowboys DE Stephen Bowen on a 5-year, $27.5 million deal that includes $12.5 million in guarantees

muaawaahahahaha. this is better than cullen jenkins for sure. a good bit younger and stolen from the boys. doesnt have jenkins injury issues either.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blow to the Cowboys. Cowboy fans were pimping Bowen all offseason, now he goes to the Redskins.

And they probably can't afford Cullen Jenkins (the Cowboys that is), which will mean their defense will be even more mediocre this year.

The Cowboys better hope they can outscore everyone, bc their defense is going to be very soft this year. Rob Ryan isn't an upgrade over Wade Phillips, and he has less talent to work with.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Blow to the Cowboys. Cowboy fans were pimping Bowen all offseason, now he goes to the Redskins.

And they probably can't afford Cullen Jenkins (the Cowboys that is), which will means their defense will be even more mediocre this year.

The Cowboys better hope they can outscore everyone, bc their defense is going to be very soft this year. Rob Ryan isn't an upgrade over Wade Phillips, and he has less talent to work with.
On paper, you're right.

But there is physically no way their secondary can play worse this season. And having your QB helps the whole team.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Gaither sent out a facebook status saying thanks to all the Ravens fans and team management. I guess he signed with oakland. IT sucks seeing a franchise LT leave like that.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
On paper, you're right.

But there is physically no way their secondary can play worse this season. And having your QB helps the whole team.
I'm not saying the Cowboys as a team will be worse, but I do think their defense will be just as mediocre as it was last season.

They have 2 studs in their front 7 (Ware and Ratliff) and the rest are mediocre, and their secondary is horrible. There is a serious lack of talent on that dallas defense.

And I don't want to hear how Rob Ryan will fix everything. Wade Phillips' resume as a DC is lightyears ahead of Rob Ryan's resume.

Wade actually put together dominant defenses. Rob's claim to fame is being Rex's brother.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want Tulloch and Joseph, is that too much to ask for? Probably...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Saints acquired S Jonathon Amaya in the Bush trade. Who the **** is Jonathon Amaya? lol.

I pride myself on knowing everyone. Dammit.
Most Dolphins' fans like him well enough. Probably not a starter but he's done well in preseason for us and should be a good role player.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not saying the Cowboys as a team will be worse, but I do think their defense will be just as mediocre as it was last season.

They have 2 studs in their front 7 (Ware and Ratliff) and the rest are mediocre, and their secondary is horrible. There is a serious lack of talent on that dallas defense.

And I don't want to hear how Rob Ryan will fix everything. Wade Phillips' resume as a DC is lightyears ahead of Rob Ryan's resume.

Wade actually put together dominant defenses. Rob's claim to fame is being Rex's brother.
OK but Phillips was the HC. It's a different role and could absolutely affect his performance coaching the D. Some guys are suited better to be coordinators because of it.

I understand your point about their personnel on paper (they still have D-Ware) but I just think that group of guys was so bad last year that they simply have to play better this year. It's the nature of the NFL.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so mad...Bowen was way too expensive, though. Wow.

The kid is going to be a stud. His bull rush is amazing, he could be a pretty decent sack guy in Washington.

So freaking mad.

As for Jenkins...I wouldnt count Dallas out of that at all. Their main competition for him was Washington. They have to get it done. Otherwise we're on the phone with Spears, Kenyon Coleman, and Robaire Smith. ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-28-2011 at 12:35 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Two names I surprisingly haven't heard ONCE since FA began:

Mike Sims-Walker and Terrell Owens.

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of action on the NFC South Guards. Davin Joseph, Harvey Dahl, and Justin Blalock. There's been some on Joseph, but hardly anything on the two Falcons.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm kind of surprised at the lack of action on the NFC South Guards. Davin Joseph, Harvey Dahl, and Justin Blalock. There's been some on Joseph, but hardly anything on the two Falcons.
Very true. It's interesting because Mankins signed his tender and for some strange reason no #s have been released about Gallery's deal...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm so mad...Bowen ways way too expensive, though. Wow.

The kid is going to be a stud. His bull rush is amazing, he could be a pretty big sack guy in Washington.

So freaking mad.

As for Jenkins...I wouldnt count Dallas out of that at all. Their main competition for him was Washington. They have to get it done. Otherwise we're on the phone with Spears, Kenyon Coleman, and Robaire Smith. ughhhhhhhhhhhh.
definitely not cheap but not really over market either. i have a feeling ill be happy with that deal for bowen when we see what cullen gets paid.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph is certainly a lock to return, though. No one is really looking to compete with Tampa here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
definitely not cheap but not really over market either. i have a feeling ill be happy with that deal for bowen when we see what cullen gets paid.
I cant believe you landed Bowen and Cofield. There is sooooooo much potential there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Jared Gaither sent out a facebook status saying thanks to all the Ravens fans and team management. I guess he signed with oakland. IT sucks seeing a franchise LT leave like that.
That is a huge signing for us if it goes through. Veldheer looked very promising as a rookie, so barring injury or a drop in performance OT won't be a position of need for Oakland for the first time in at least a decade.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
That is a huge signing for us if it goes through. Veldheer looked very promising as a rookie, so barring injury or a drop in performance OT won't be a position of need for Oakland for the first time in at least a decade.
Im still not sure you guys are going to get what you pay for with Gaither. He was great one season, but he's still almost entirely potential at this point. The guy's got no mean streak to him, Im not entirely convinced he'll be worth the likely huge LT money he's going to get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Bowen has started a total of 11 games in his career and he's 27 years old. They overpaid.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea there were fishy things going on with his back injury. Like doctors couldnt find the tear in his back. He also showed up 30 pounds underweight for the 2010 training camp.

I still would rather have him at LT and Oher at RT but we will see what his antics are if he goes to a team that isnt a winner.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from ROP:

The Patriots have begun serious contract negotiations to re-sign free agent OT Matt Light. Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe reports that the deal could be completed as soon as today.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
doctors couldnt find the tear in his back.
yes, fishy business, he's a big softy, doesn't have the killer demenor a 6'10 330 pound lineman should have.
Glad he's gone.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Bowen has started a total of 11 games in his career and he's 27 years old. They overpaid.
They did. But he was going to start for us this year. And there is no denying his talent. He gets after the QB. His bull rush certainly ranks among the best in the league. He's going to produce.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea they slightly overpaid for him, but he really has a ton of potential and flashed a ton of ability the past 2 seasons. He can get after the QB from the 5-tech, that's a rarity. He was probably our 3rd best player in the front 7 outside of Ware and Ratliff.

We're gonna have to score 30+ a game to compete in our division, our defense is really not looking good.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks re-sign Brandon Mebane

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Bears sign Matt Spaeth.
Good. This should open things up for Weslye Saunders.

Spaeth was a big disappointment after some great games early in his career. He never developed as a red-zone target and never became a good blocker (consistently at least).

I remember reading that was supposed to be his forte, and then he spends his off-seasons practicing his routerunning with Larry Fitzgerald and gets blown up during games by defenders.

In any case, best of luck to him in Chicago, he probably fits what they're trying to do there and what Martz likes out of his TE's.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote