Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
from ROP:

The Patriots have begun serious contract negotiations to re-sign free agent OT Matt Light. Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe reports that the deal could be completed as soon as today.
Probably a good move, but in an ideal world Solder beats him out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ******* great, a blocking TE and a punter are all the Bears have taken away from this so far.

The punter...fine, we need one. But I still hate blocking TEs with a passion. I'd rather just keep an extra tackle around and go jumbo package when needed.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @skjensen: BREAKING: #Vikings in the mix with Saints on OT Jermon Bushrod, according to source.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Good. This should open things up for Weslye Saunders.

Spaeth was a big disappointment after some great games early in his career. He never developed as a red-zone target and never became a good blocker (consistently at least).

I remember reading that was supposed to be his forte, and then he spends his off-seasons practicing his routerunning with Larry Fitzgerald and gets blown up during games by defenders.

In any case, best of luck to him in Chicago, he probably fits what they're trying to do there and what Martz likes out of his TE's.
Ya, or opens up for a FA pass catcher at the TE position. I like Saunders' potential if he keeps his head on straight.
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
yes, fishy business, he's a big softy, doesn't have the killer demenor a 6'10 330 pound lineman should have.
Glad he's gone.
Yea if he was half as mean as Oher he would be Johathen Ogden.

Still Im nervous bout Jah Reid facing Woodley week 1
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If something happens with Osi, the Falcons really, really need to be in on that.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@skjensen
Sean Jensen
BREAKING: #Vikings in the mix with Saints on OT Jermon Bushrod, according to source. Unclear what this means for @BryantMcKinnie??

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yea if he was half as mean as Oher he would be Johathen Ogden.

Still Im nervous bout Jah Reid facing Woodley week 1
Woodley always rapes your tackles it seems like. Oher should be glad he doesn't go against him anymore. haha.
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
RT @skjensen: BREAKING: #Vikings in the mix with Saints on OT Jermon Bushrod, according to source.
Great...so apparently the Bears gave up on him too. Way to stagnate Chicago!
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Just ******* great, a blocking TE and a punter are all the Bears have taken away from this so far.

The punter...fine, we need one. But I still hate blocking TEs with a passion. I'd rather just keep an extra tackle around and go jumbo package when needed.
Just keep your fingers crossed for Malcolm Floyd or something. The Bears are interested in him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
beat me to it. As someone who's been able to watch him a lot more than I have, what can you tell me about Bushrod?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
If something happens with Osi, the Falcons really, really need to be in on that.
Let's pretend to be GMs and make something happen. Give me a 2nd round pick. NOW!!!!
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Let's pretend to be GMs and make something happen. Give me a 2nd round pick. NOW!!!!

You need a big WR right? Michael Jenkins is that man. And I know you like rotating on the DL. I've got a guy who can play DT and DE. Jamaal Anderson. So those 2 and 6th, because I'm a nice guy.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
beat me to it. As someone who's been able to watch him a lot more than I have, what can you tell me about Bushrod?
Still developing pass blocker that is used to being left on an island. Adequate run blocker but not overpowering. Can get overpowered by the bull rush, not overly strong. Smart, plays with good technique, and has been a favorite among the Saints coaching staff.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Woodley always rapes your tackles it seems like. Oher should be glad he doesn't go against him anymore. haha.
The first game of the 2009 season was the only time Gaither/Oher faced up agaisnt each other. Harrison had 0 sacks and Woodley had 1.
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You need a big WR right? Michael Jenkins is that man. And I know you like rotating on the DL. I've got a guy who can play DT and DE. Jamaal Anderson. So those 2 and 6th, because I'm a nice guy.
Your WRs are of no use to me. I laugh at your assembly of busts you just presented. Give me a 2nd and we will turn him into an actual useful player.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Concerning Bushrod to Minnesota, is Charles Brown really ready to step in and play left tackle for New Orleans? I understand he can probably be just as good at Bushrod in a worst case scenario, but is that time right now?
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PLEASE give me joseph, that would make for an extremely eventful steeler offseason
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about a fourth and BRYANT JOHNSON? He was a first round pick once.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How about a fourth and BRYANT JOHNSON? He was a first round pick once.
Does give me a 2nd damnit! You'll just end up wasting it on another WR anyway.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does give me a 2nd damnit! You'll just end up wasting it on another WR anyway.
Aren't you just a laugh riot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Aren't you just a laugh riot.
Your team likes WRs and you like wrestling LOL.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are the Redskins affording all of these big-name free agency signings? If I'm not mistaken, their defense is going to be LOADED next year.

- They drafted one of the best pass rushers of his class (Ryan Kerrigan) and an underrated DE (Jarvis Jenkins)

- They already have Pro Bowler Brian Orakpo

- They signed a 10+ sack type of DT (Barry Cofield)

- They signed promising DE Stephen Bowen

- They signed OJ Otogwe from the Rams earlier in the offseason

- They signed under-the-radar CB Josh Wilson from the Ravens (one of the top CBs according to ProFootballFocus)

In this offseason they basically remade their entire defense and filled it to the gills with potential Pro Bowler types.

If they actually had a quarterback who I could trust instead of unknown quantity John Beck, I might actually pencil them in as the favorite to win the NFC East this year.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
How are the Redskins affording all of these big-name free agency signings? If I'm not mistaken, their defense is going to be LOADED next year.

- They drafted one of the best pass rushers of his class (Ryan Kerrigan) and an underrated DE (Jarvis Jenkins)

- They already have Pro Bowler Brian Orakpo

- They signed a 10+ sack type of DT (Barry Cofield)

- They signed promising DE Stephen Bowen

- They signed OJ Otogwe from the Rams earlier in the offseason

- They signed under-the-radar CB Josh Wilson from the Ravens (one of the top CBs according to ProFootballFocus)

In this offseason they basically remade their entire defense and filled it to the gills with potential Pro Bowler types.

If they actually had a quarterback who I could trust instead of unknown quantity John Beck, I might actually pencil them in as the favorite to win the NFC East this year.
I remember around this time last year people having the Redskins pegged as sleepers to win the NFC East. I lol'd then, I will lol now. You can bring this up later if I need to eat crow but am not too worried about it.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
Concerning Bushrod to Minnesota, is Charles Brown really ready to step in and play left tackle for New Orleans? I understand he can probably be just as good at Bushrod in a worst case scenario, but is that time right now?
I don't think Brown is ready to step in and be a starting LT just yet. I think the Bush trade was to clear enough room to have the money to re-sign Bushrod.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter