Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Let's remember, as of 5:30, the Bucs were sending a private plane to pick Goldson up. Gonna take some time for him to get there, but according to Schefter, who is the most reliable guy, it doesn't seem like Goldson is leaving Tampa without a contract.
Yeah, I know, which is why I put some stipulations in that post.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for some reason, i think Welker ends up in Denver. The thought of Manning + Welker makes me sick

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think Cruz would be perfect in NE or Minny. Late 1st for a 26 WR with over 2,500 yards and 19 Td's the last two seasons is not bad.
Cruz would be pointless in Minnesota by himself. Great fit in NE though, they should give up the first for him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
for some reason, i think Welker ends up in Denver. The thought of Manning + Welker makes me sick
Do they have the cap? Franchise Tag and signing Vasquez
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears signed the sexiest TE. Y'all can't deny it. Bow chicka wow wow.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Burnett cut now too. Had a really good year last season, good starting backer for a 4-3 team.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning and Amendelo should happen now.
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do they have the cap? Franchise Tag and signing Vasquez
hmmm good point I forgot about the Vasquez deal today

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of Goldson signing with my Bucs a lot. Sure the dude is over-rated, but he is a pretty damn big improvement over what we have currently in place.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Bears signed the sexiest TE. Y'all can't deny it. Bow chicka wow wow.
What the hell did you make me watch...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I like the idea of Goldson signing with my Bucs a lot. Sure the dude is over-rated, but he is a pretty damn big improvement over what we have currently in place.
I'm just hoping it's not too much. Dominik usually does a good job when it comes to the financial terms of a contract frontloading the first 2 years guranteed and if things don't work out in the back end, well, we can get out of it without a cap hit.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sold on Goldson. I like him as a player. Strikes fear and can be a ball hawk, but I'm not sure he's worthy of an 8 million a year contract. I think Jarius Byrd is clearly a better FS.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
What the hell did you make me watch...
Sexytime. You watched sexytime.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Jarius Byrd is clearly a better FS.
You would be correct.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the people who are complaining about deals in free agency, I'll use Bryant and Kruger as examples because they're Browns and I'm familiar with it.

There is market value and teams competing for these players, if they come in and are solid starters and contributors especially as we make the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 it's worth it. Does anyone really think someone like Flacco is worth 20 million a year average? No... It's what was had to be paid to retain him though based on the market.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Jarius Byrd is clearly a better FS.
Agreed, but here's the thing: The Bills franchised Byrd, so he's not an option for us.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Agreed, but here's the thing: The Bills franchised Byrd, so he's not an option for us.
It better turn into a longterm contract. Just saying...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
For the people who are complaining about deals in free agency, I'll use Bryant and Kruger as examples because they're Browns and I'm familiar with it.

There is market value and teams competing for these players, if they come in and are solid starters and contributors especially as we make the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 it's worth it. Does anyone really think someone like Flacco is worth 20 million a year average? No... It's what was had to be paid to retain him though based on the market.
No. They overpaid.

Flacco has taken the Ravens to 3 AFC Title Games and won them a Super Bowl. Was a Lee Evans drop away from a Super Bowl last year.

Yes. Flacco was worth it. Also, he's a franchise QB and a very good one.

Browns overpaid for Kruegar. He struggled in the abscence of Terrell Suggs. He performed very well down the stretch and into the post season. But He's going to a defense not nearly as good as Baltimores.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Oh I know. I'm just stating.

Although guys will think twice about going over the middle. Barron and Goldson would be a fearsome duo.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

People complaining about the size of these deals also forget that the rookie wage scale vastly decreases the amount of cap space teams need to allocate to sign their draft picks.

Gone are the days where teams with a top 10 pick needed to set aside a billion dollars just to sign their first round selection. Smaller rookie deals mean that a great portion of the cap can be allocated towards veteran free agents, which allows teams in need of help (usually those higher up on the draft board) to be more aggressive in pursuing players who can help improve their team. That, in turn, drives up the salaries of the veterans.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. They overpaid.

Flacco has taken the Ravens to 3 AFC Title Games and won them a Super Bowl. Was a Lee Evans drop away from a Super Bowl last year.

Yes. Flacco was worth it. Also, he's a franchise QB and a very good one.

Browns overpaid for Kruegar. He struggled in the abscence of Terrell Suggs. He performed very well down the stretch and into the post season. But He's going to a defense not nearly as good as Baltimores.
mmmmmm I'll say that with the Browns signings today they might have the best D in the AFC North
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
mmmmmm I'll say that with the Browns signings today they might have the best D in the AFC North
Even better than Cincinatti's? Tend to disagree there.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Kevin Burnett cut now too. Had a really good year last season, good starting backer for a 4-3 team.
Get him on a plane to Seattle, I'll give you my credit card number.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have one good starting secondary player. So, no.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
We have one good starting secondary player. So, no.
TJ Ward isn't a good player?
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Any word on where Dansby might be checking out?

Sig by the King BK

Quote: