Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats fans, you guys will absolutely love Amendola. Quick as lightening, great hands and one of the toughest SOB's you will ever see. I have always said he is Welker's clone. I think he's actually better than Welker. You are in for a special player.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Pats fans, you guys will absolutely love Amendola. Quick as lightening, great hands and one of the toughest SOB's you will ever see. I have always said he is Welker's clone. I think he's actually better than Welker. You are in for a special player.
If he can stay healthy that is. I like the prospect of what he can do for our team, but I'm not sure he is going to be able to hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good get for the pats man
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Actually Lloyd has pretty much been expected to be released anyday now. No way were paying him 3 million next year. Just wasn't what we were looking for. I think Jennings makes sense but I doubt we'll spend the money.
So then if he is released it would be Amendola and who else? I honestly wouldn't know unless I had to look it up. I don't see anyone there with any kind of starting ability or even solid depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Abril only got 2 years. Strange.

Sammie Lee Hill is awesome against the run. If he can keep his weight under control, he'll do fantastic in TN.
Great to hear about SLH.

Anyone been hearing anything about Michael Bennett?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'd love to have him to rotate in with our other backers. Not paying him starter money though.
He refused a pay-cut to stay with the Steelers. Why would he come to the 49ers for backup money?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If he can stay healthy that is. I like the prospect of what he can do for our team, but I'm not sure he is going to be able to hold up.

His couple injuries were kind of freaky. On one he was laying out for a ball and fell wrong. I wouldn't worry about it. If you guys can sign one legit go to WR, nobody will be able to stop you. As long as Gronk and Hernandez are healthy too. Maybe somebody like Allen or Hunter in the draft?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
The problem is that he doesn't consistently beat the single teams. He did not get very many pressures per rushing snap. He's the poster boy for people mistakenly using the the sack statistic as a gauge of quarterback disruption.
I can buy that. This move isn't something I'm super excited about. But you're going by his advanced stats from last year. It has been proven that he can get sacks and force fumbles consistently from year to year. We know he can speed rush. Will he be overpaid? Probably. Does it matter on the field that he's making more? No. If the move costs them Earl Thomas it's the worst move ever. But it won't. They have a plan. Their cap is different from most contenders. They're paying a franchise QB 2 mil for the next two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Remember when Ray Edwards did the same thing? How did that turn out?
Ray Edwards was never during his football career a better pass rusher than Avril. From stats, from film, from anything. Avril might bust similarly, but he's a far better pass rusher than Edwards ever was.

Edwards played LEFT END for Minny and feasted on RTs. And feasted to the tune of 29.5 sacks and 6 FFs in 5 years.

Avril 39.5 sacks and 16 FFs in 5 year at RE.

I'll give you that pressures and disruptions are probably more useful than sack totals but FFs are underrated as well. Game-changing plays that he has a skill for.

Look, I have reservations about this move like you all. But they added a pass rusher - the best one on the market by all accounts. I get that Bennett might be an undervalued player but he doesn't have the same consistency Avril does.

I too am concerned about the run D but they have one above average run defender (two if Branch comes back) two above average run D safeties, and two awesome young LBs. At home, no one runs on them.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So then if he is released it would be Amendola and who else? I honestly wouldn't know unless I had to look it up. I don't see anyone there with any kind of starting ability or even solid depth.
You have Gronk's and Hernandez then you add Amendola. That pretty much is it. They'll probably sign someone else here and then hopefully draft someone early.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amendola just became a high WR pick in fantasy.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Guize!!! Statzz!!!!

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I can buy that. This move isn't something I'm super excited about. But you're going by his advanced stats from last year. It has been proven that he can get sacks and force fumbles consistently from year to year. We know he can speed rush. Will he be overpaid? Probably. Does it matter on the field that he's making more? No. If the move costs them Earl Thomas it's the worst move ever. But it won't. They have a plan. Their cap is different from most contenders. They're paying a franchise QB 2 mil for the next two years.

Ray Edwards was never during his football career a better pass rusher than Avril. From stats, from film, from anything. Avril might bust similarly, but he's a far better pass rusher than Edwards ever was.

Edwards played LEFT END for Minny and feasted on RTs. And feasted to the tune of 29.5 sacks and 6 FFs in 5 years.

Avril 39.5 sacks and 16 FFs in 5 year at RE.

I'll give you that pressures and disruptions are probably more useful than sack totals but FFs are underrated as well. Game-changing plays that he has a skill for.

Look, I have reservations about this move like you all. But they added a pass rusher - the best one on the market by all accounts. I get that Bennett might be an undervalued player but he doesn't have the same consistency Avril does.

I too am concerned about the run D but they have one above average run defender (two if Branch comes back) two above average run D safeties, and two awesome young LBs. At home, no one runs on them.
If you were looking for sacks and fumbles from a situational rusher, Osi Umenyiora would have made a TON more sense. You're local, you see him all the time. You know that.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avril will fit in great in Seattle. Now if they get Greene in the draft to play LB and take advantage of the deep DT class, they will have solved just about all their issues... on paper. Something tells me things aren't going to go so well this season for some unexpected reason.

Also, I hope these big plays by the Seahawks force the 49ers into making a rash decision giving up way too much for Revis.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised in the lack of interest for Greg Jennings, he puts the team on his back doe

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Avril will fit in great in Seattle. Now if they get Greene in the draft to play LB and take advantage of the deep DT class, they will have solved just about all their issues... on paper. Something tells me things aren't going to go so well this season for some unexpected reason.

Also, I hope these big plays by the Seahawks force the 49ers into making a rash decision giving up way too much for Revis.
they might sign Woodson and Namadi
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The two teams really are having a dick length contest.

Harvin? BOLDIN FOR A SIXTH BITCHES!

Glenn Dorsey? BEST PASS RUSHER ON THE MARKET!

Now watch the 49ers do something.

But good point about the deep DT class. They'll get a quality one or two in the 2nd/3rd. And this FO can DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFT.

And I WANT them to sign Nnamdi. It pretty much changes their entire secondary philosophy and that coudl mean a transition period from a defense that probably doesn't have as much confidence as it once had after the playoffs...

Last edited by gpngc : 03-13-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Surprised in the lack of interest for Greg Jennings, he puts the team on his back doe
number of games played has declined over the last two years and he'll be 30 at the start of the next season. My guess is he should get decent money but nothing huge.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be interested to see where Osi ends up and what kind of deal he gets.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At some point the Patriots need to ask themselves if it's the system that's not working instead of just throwing new receivers at it. I know they've made it deep in the playoffs so the team is working to that extent but you can't tell me the WR position isn't frustrating to them and the lack of a true #1 or #2 since Moss hasn't hurt them.

They sure as hell can't develop receivers and the free agents they sign can't cut it either. Welker is the only player who has stuck longer than two years. The tight ends thrive but the WR is a revolving door which is strange for having a top QB.

Rodgers and Manning play in much different offenses and they have no problem with the position. Manning has never needed a FA addition other than slot receivers with Stokey and now Welker.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
At some point the Patriots need to ask themselves if it's the system that's not working instead of just throwing new receivers at it. I know they've made it deep in the playoffs so the team is working to that extent but you can't tell me the WR position isn't frustrating to them and the lack of a true #1 or #2 since Moss hasn't hurt them.

They sure as hell can't develop receivers and the free agents they sign can't cut it either. Welker is the only player who has stuck longer than two years. The tight ends thrive but the WR is a revolving door which is strange for having a top QB.

Rodgers and Manning play in much different offenses and they have no problem with the position. Manning has never needed a FA addition other than slot receivers with Stokey and now Welker.
the system works. a top 5 offense the last few years proves this.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
they might sign Woodson and Namadi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If you were looking for sacks and fumbles from a situational rusher, Osi Umenyiora would have made a TON more sense. You're local, you see him all the time. You know that.
Well I think Osi is done so I didnt' want him.

But I agree with the premise. I'd have rather gotten Abraham for a year probably.

But then again I trust this FO. I don't think this signing will cripple them. And again, cap space is overrated. The cap usually does not prevent teams from making moves as long as they aren't completely ****** up. And I do like Avril.

But to assume that this move stops them from keeping specifically Browner/Chancellor whatever is just pure speculation. Unless you've crunched the numbers, and some diehard Seahawks bloggers are saying that they'll be fine with cap space to re-sign their guys, you just don't know.

And again, Wilson's hit is 2 freaking mil for the next two years. That's an insane advantage. And Flynn comes off the books, etc. This roster is set up so beautifully that they can afford Avril...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

Manning played with perennial all-pros in Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne for the duration of his time in Indy. There was no need to sign a big name free agent WR because they had legitimate wideouts. New England for whatever reason has been piss poor at drafting and developing WRs for over a decade aside from Deion Branch back in 2002.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Pats should be calling Jennings. That would be sick
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Baalke IS NOT going after Revis. It's not happening. People need to realize that was media-driven.

And@gpngc, Avril played LE for the Lions exclusively. He never played weakside, that was KVB. I actually like that Avril was the 'Hawks choice. I'd be scared if it was someone like Barwin who is a much better player in my eyes. He's a step down from Clemons in my opinion.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Final thought about Avril I half-promise.

This is the program: Competition.

They now have an awesome competition for the LEO spot. Avril will probably win it but who knows. First-round pick vs. proven pass rusher. Who will win the job? Probably the guy who plays the run better...

And the "loser" will play on every third down - the most important down in football. Irvin excelled at that role last year. I expect him to return to that role.