Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Irsay's response to RJF's signing on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/312278172479672320

Wow, take it easy fella. I like Francois, but jeez.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...SKOL CASSEL!

lulz
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Works for me. He can at least pressure Ponder and gives us a legit back up. Rather than Webb.
You use the term 'legit' very loosely here.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haters gon Hate.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Every time I think about the Walden deal, I get slightly less pissed off about how much we paid Jermon Bushrod.

In other news, Jared Cook's deal keeps looking sillier, too. 19 mil is guaranteed in that 5 years/35 mil.

Martellus Bennett only got 4 years/20 mil with 8 mil of it guaranteed and he's easily cut after two years if need be. AND he plays every down because he can block, unlike Cook.
What do you think is the worst FA signing?

I'm not too fond of the Wallace money but i think he'll at least provide an on field impact.

Cook is a roll of the dice on potential. Walden looks bad too, Packers fans always hated him.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

Pump the brakes Irsay. I love the enthusiasm, but holy ****.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You use the term 'legit' very loosely here.
He's legit in my eyes when You have Joe Webb, Sage Rosenfails and Tarvaris Jackson as your back ups in the past 4 years.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

Irsay is an excitable little elf in an old man's body.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
You're a good poster but i think the homerism is getting to you this offseason lol.
No, Nnamdi sucks.

He sucked his first year in Philly and everyone just assumed it was because of the scheme, then he comes back the next year in a scheme better suited to his abilities and he still sucks. If he gets paid its because of name only.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
He's legit in my eyes when You have Joe Webb, Sage Rosenfails and Tarvaris Jackson as your back ups in the past 4 years.
I heard that Tarvaris Jackson fella has some upside if coached up....

.........i hate my life

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-14-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
What do you think is the worst FA signing?

I'm not too fond of the Wallace money but i think he'll at least provide an on field impact.

Cook is a roll of the dice on potential. Walden looks bad too, Packers fans always hated him.
Walden's easily the worst one. Dude should be on the league minimum for a one-year deal with no signing bonus. Packers told him to kick rocks, didn't even offer him that.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Irsay is an argument for a progressive tax structure. It's far too easy to be mentally ********, inherit a bunch of money from your parents, and be set for life.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jean-Francois is a solid player, but 4/22 is too much for my liking. I liked him as a $3-4mil guy rather than a $5-6mil guy.
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
1) he's not the same player the name suggests. He's older and probably not the same confidence. And he's guaranteed a starting spot after two years of poor play.

2) it guarantees no revis.

3) he's a press man CB and the 49ers have been a zone team usually. If they switch schemes for him it could lead to struggles for everyone else. If not, Nnamdi will struggle in zone like he did in Philly.

The 49ers D is probably shaken after a bad playoff performance, the loss of of Goldson, smiths injury and how it affected their whole d, etc.

A knee jerk reaction by signing a guy whos more name than game and has been bad the last two years seems like something that won't work out like moss and manningham.

That's how I see it.
1.) No one IS EVER guaranteed to be a starter based on reputation under JH and Baalke, see Moss, Manningham, and Jacobs. They just signed Dorsey, and the first thing out of his mouth is "they gave me a opportunity to come in a earn a starting job with a very good defensive unit ". Baalke and JH are all about competition. They would never just hand a job to a guy who's passion for the game has been questioned alot here recently. Baalke aint dumb.

2.) Revis was never coming....why dont ppl understand this. Baalke would never sink that much money into one defensive player who doesn't rush the passer. And he would never give up what it would take to get him here, just for a year rental. It was never going to happen. We never inquired about Revis, not once.

3.) We play more Man Under than anything else. Where you got this we're a mostly zone defense is beyond me but that's simply not true.

Nobody is "shaken" after the SB loss. You saw a defensive front who simply wore down in the post season and a secondary who wasn't as sharp because of it. That's what the Dorsey signing and the draft will be about. Finding depth in the trenches as well as with the outside pressure to keep guys fresh throughout the year. We do that and Fangio comes out of his predictable shell and actually starts giving teams different looks from time to time and more things to gameplan for, we'll be more than fine.

4.)Nobody gets more bang for their buck, value wise, than Baalke. If he brings in Aso(which I am against btw), there's a method to the madness...

Quote:
Most Value

1. San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers got a ridiculous amount of value for the money they spent in 2012. They had seven key players that were undervalued by over $5 million, with an additional eight that were over $1 million. When you compare that to just six players who were overvalued by a million or more, you have a franchise that is doing something very right. It will make for an interesting situation when they need to figure out who stays and who goes once a lot of these players reach their second contract.

2012 Cap Hit: $130.8m
2012 Performance Based Value: $190.2m
Value Differential: +$59.4m
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL teams must be expecting a big jump in the cap next year because there are a lot of contracts that make a huge jump from year 1 to year 2.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
NFL teams must be expecting a big jump in the cap next year because there are a lot of contracts that make a huge jump from year 1 to year 2.
I definitely hope so. If not, the Bears are in for a world of hurt. So many contracts are up after this year.

Robert Kraft said it won't happen and that he hopes other teams sign contracts like it will. :/
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I thought the exact opposite is projected to occur. We are expected to have a pretty flat cap for the next few years.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
BallerT1215
All-Pro

The Dolphins have "cooled off" on Antoine Cason.

What happened to this guy? I really liked him coming out of Arizona few years back. He was the reason they traded Cromartie.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Walden's easily the worst one. Dude should be on the league minimum for a one-year deal with no signing bonus. Packers told him to kick rocks, didn't even offer him that.
Colin Kaepernick was just awarded 100 rushing yards already for his game against the Colts.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
No, Nnamdi sucks.

He sucked his first year in Philly and everyone just assumed it was because of the scheme, then he comes back the next year in a scheme better suited to his abilities and he still sucks. If he gets paid its because of name only.
I'm talking about the 49ers defense crumbling and a "knee jerk" reaction to a guy who's probably getting a short incentive laden deal.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cason is average. He should be a nickel on his next team.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Bears managed to get Nate Collins back after he had a few days to check the market. VERY happy about this. He was more important last year than people realize.

Now we just need to get Idonije re-signed and for Nick Roach to tell Oakland to screw themselves.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals apparently worked out Josh Johnson today.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Cason is average. He should be a nickel on his next team.
Vikings called about him but I haven't heard anything else about it. Probably just doing their due diligence.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
1.) No one IS EVER guaranteed to be a starter based on reputation under JH and Baalke, see Moss, Manningham, and Jacobs. They just signed Dorsey, and the first thing out of his mouth is "they gave me a opportunity to come in a earn a starting job with a very good defensive unit ". Baalke and JH are all about competition. They would never just hand a job to a guy who's passion for the game has been questioned alot here recently. Baalke aint dumb.

2.) Revis was never coming....why dont ppl understand this. Baalke would never sink that much money into one defensive player who doesn't rush the passer. And he would never give up what it would take to get him here, just for a year rental. It was never going to happen. We never inquired about Revis, not once.

3.) We play more Man Under than anything else. Where you got this we're a mostly zone defense is beyond me but that's simply not true.

Nobody is "shaken" after the SB loss. You saw a defensive front who simply wore down in the post season and a secondary who wasn't as sharp because of it. That's what the Dorsey signing and the draft will be about. Finding depth in the trenches as well as with the outside pressure to keep guys fresh throughout the year. We do that and Fangio comes out of his predictable shell and actually starts giving teams different looks from time to time and more things to gameplan for, we'll be more than fine.

4.)Nobody gets more bang for their buck, value wise, than Baalke. If he brings in Aso(which I am against btw), there's a method to the madness...
You go boy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote