Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
We'll see how long that lasts if we have a bad start to the season.
If Ponder starts like he did last year then it will last long. Ponder didn't throw an INT until the Tennessee game. Then his confidence was shot. Although he did play well against the Packers in week 17.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Bennett helps your run defense, that I'll give you, but he's average as a pass-rusher.
Bennett was 6th among 4-3 defensive ends in total quarterback pressures last year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owl winners: Seattle Seahawks

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Oh god, I just remined myself of Eric Moulds and Justin McCariens signing 5 years after being officially washed up...and Carl Pickens...and Yancy Thigpen..and David Givens.... make it go away.. Edit: and Randy Moss..and Justin Gage
Saying anything negative of Eric Moulds is understood as fighting words in my world..... YA FEEL ME?!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Owl winners: Seattle Seahawks
They need homefield. They can get it, but the road slate is tough this year.

The home slate is RIDICULOUSLY easy though.

Home Away
New Orleans Saints Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carolina Panthers
Jacksonville Jaguars Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans Indianapolis Colts
Minnesota Vikings New York Giants
San Francisco 49ers (Div.) San Francisco 49ers (Div.)
St. Louis Rams (Div.) St. Louis Rams (Div.)
Arizona Cardinals(Div.) Arizona Cardinals (Div.)

They should go 7-1 or 8-0 at home.

That means they need to get 4 wins on the road. All of those games are tough with the exception of Arizona but that's a division game so who knows.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Bennett was 6th among 4-3 defensive ends in total quarterback pressures last year.
One year of production.
VAfy-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
@RapSheet
Former #Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson is set to visit with the Patriots, according to a source.
Ughhh. Not sure how I feel about that one and possibly going to the Pats. He is past his prime, but he does have something left in the tank to contribute to a contender.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 03-14-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett was supposed to visit the Lions after Miami, dammit.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Stop that. Facts have no place in the commonly accepted narrative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
One year of production.
His pressures per rush snap were also high in 2011, before he became full-time. He's been good for two years. Casual fans just don't know about him because he's not getting huge sack numbers on his pressures (thank the secondary for that) and he plays on the edge of America's asshole for a team no one cares about.

That's just moving the goalposts, btw. He solidly refuted what you said.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love these 1 year prove it deals. You tend to get the most out of a player in those scenarios. What does Seattle even need at this point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Stop that. Facts have no place in the commonly accepted narrative.

His pressures per rush snap were also high in 2011, before he became full-time. He's been good for two years. Casual fans just don't know about him because he's not getting huge sack numbers on his pressures (thank the secondary for that) and he plays on the edge of America's asshole for a team no one cares about.

That's just moving the goalposts, btw. He solidly refuted what you said.
Does Michael Bennett call you at home?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I love these 1 year prove it deals. You tend to get the most out of a player in those scenarios. What does Seattle even need at this point?
Need because they literally don't have a starting caliber player? 3-tech (unless Bennett or Jaye Howard) and OLB (Unless Malcom Smith, who did start at times last year).

Otherwise it's just things they can upgrade (RT, nickel CB, TE for the future)
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Does Michael Bennett call you at home?
He should. I would have talked him into joining his brother in Chicago.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He should. I would have talked him into joining his brother in Chicago.
Fair Enough.

You have your hands full with Michael Bennett already though. I'm still predicting at least 2 blowouts with JCut next season.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What can you guys tell me about Francois? I think we might have overpayed again. 4 years 22 mil.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

John Abraham visiting the Pats.

*sigh*
Old 03-14-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cassel deal is a 1 yr - 4 Million.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
The Cassel deal is a 1 yr - 4 Million.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I feel like your sig has an appropriate gif response as well. :)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Need because they literally don't have a starting caliber player? 3-tech (unless Bennett or Jaye Howard) and OLB (Unless Malcom Smith, who did start at times last year).

Otherwise it's just things they can upgrade (RT, nickel CB, TE for the future)
I was just going to say that DT and OLB are prolly the most notable. I could see them grabbing a compliment for Marshawn as well...Barner could be a good fit in the mid rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Abraham headed to New England for a visit with the Pats tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
What can you guys tell me about Francois? I think we might have overpayed again. 4 years 22 mil.
You definitely overpaid but I wanted RJF to return. He can play any position along the line. Solid in all areas, not overwhelming in any but he wont be the wink link. I can definitely see him evolving with increased snaps. Dont know how he'll fit in there but I think he'll be solid however you use him.
VAfy-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
What do you want to know? He was overpaid by production standards but he's never been given a full-time opportunity.

He has routinely played both DE and NT for the 49ers. He has shown an ability to both penetrate and generate pressure and hold his gap responsibilities in the run game. When Sopoaga missed time in 2012, I actually thought that RJF was a better all-around player than Ice.

He's tremendously versatile as he has flashed at both positions (albeit a bit undersized to play 0-Tech if asked.) In fact, RJF even lined up at OLB during the 4th quarter of some preseason games.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What do you want to know? He was overpaid by production standards but he's never been given a full-time opportunity.

He has routinely played both DE and NT for the 49ers. He has shown an ability to both penetrate and generate pressure and hold his gap responsibilities in the run game. When Sopoaga missed time in 2012, I actually thought that RJF was a better all-around player than Ice.

He's tremendously versatile as he has flashed at both positions (albeit a bit undersized to play 0-Tech if asked.) In fact, RJF even lined up at OLB during the 4th quarter of some preseason games.
That suffices! I just wanted an opinion on him from someone that had seen him play.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
John Abraham headed to New England for a visit with the Pats tomorrow.
i would gladly take any guy who had 10 sacks last year on this team

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote