Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I've been lolling so hard at Seahawks fans talking about Flynn getting a first or second. That talk will finally be over. Palmer will go to Arians and Larry Fitzgerald will jizz in his pants.
A fourth would surprise me. A third would shock me.

I've never heard of a Seahawks fan thinking we'd get anything more than that...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
McNabb is a douche:
Keeping it real.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Flynn is amazing in Oakland. Romo... well, he better be.

Best of luck to Slauson. They built him up to what he's become and he was more interested in a potential pay day than any sort of loyalty. He's not very good, so I'm not too torn up about it, but I do wish we would start bringing in more guys with the right mindset.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I'm wondering if he will play center and they cut Garza. I think it just sets the Bears up to take BPA.
Slauson? I don't think he's played center since early in his college years. I think Garza's the only other guy on the team who has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
A fourth would surprise me. A third would shock me.

I've never heard of a Seahawks fan thinking we'd get anything more than that...
Not on this forum, on a Seahawks-specific one I checked out before free agency started. Their argument was "Bestest QB available, none in the draft or FA, we get a first or second from Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Arizonazzzz!!!" It was amazing, really; probably 20% of that forum was beating that drum.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Romo to get more guaranteed money than Flacco"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-than-flacco/
Old 03-29-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know people are gonna flip out at the cost but what were you realistically gonna do? He chokes in the playoffs sure, but we weren't going to do any better finding a replacement in the short term and he had all the leverage in the world. You could avoid this situation if you had developed a guy but that failed so it is what it is.

He doesn't deserve any more passes for the playoff/clutch game meltdowns, but our line is still pathetic and if I could make a "lowlight" of Doug Free and how fast he was beaten off the ball or how many times Garrett called a 5 or 7 step drop knowing full well who our RT was, you would respect his numbers a bit more.

It was just a situation that wasn't really handled well but there are worse things to be upset about, like Doug Free possibly being on the roster next year *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I know people are gonna flip out at the cost but what were you realistically gonna do? He chokes in the playoffs sure, but we weren't going to do any better finding a replacement in the short term and he had all the leverage in the world. You could avoid this situation if you had developed a guy but that failed so it is what it is.

He doesn't deserve any more passes for the playoff/clutch game meltdowns, but our line is still pathetic and if I could make a "lowlight" of Doug Free and how fast he was beaten off the ball or how many times Garrett called a 5 or 7 step drop knowing full well who our RT was, you would respect his numbers a bit more.

It was just a situation that wasn't really handled well but there are worse things to be upset about, like Doug Free possibly being on the roster next year *sigh*
no, I totally agree with you. Romo catches a lot of flack, some, maybe most of it is deserved by now with how much he chokes, but look at Arizona's QB situation, or Oakland, or Jacksonville, would you rather be in that mess? Like you said, you aren't going to find anyone much better.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
"Romo to get more guaranteed money than Flacco"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-than-flacco/
$55M vs $52M. OK, more guaranteed money, but not more money overall.

Flacco is gonna get the entire $120.6M in his contract.

The Cowboys could easily cut Romo before his 6 year, $108M contract is over. That's why he's getting a little more guaranteed money.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

«@the_ironsheik The Tony Romo get new contract mean Dallas new name the Dallas Dog **** Dumb ******* Piece of garbage Cowboys go **** yourself #teamsheikie»
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A QB signs a 100 million dollar deal? What else is new?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
A QB signs a 100 million dollar deal? What else is new?

They're actually worth it?
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
They're actually worth it?
No one is worth it. That's not going to stop them from getting it. It is what it is.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cowboys shud draft matt barklee n make romo the middle line backer cuz the middle line backer is teh qb of teh defence n romo is a qb so he shud be gud at that

he nos wut the qb is thinkin 2
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the hell is Romo getting 108 million ? Serious what the hell.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Romo, Verlander, and Posey signed for 100+ mil today.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Except Mike Mayock. For some reason people get super excited about a QB throwing to WR's in a practice setting with no pass rush or no defense:

It's hilarious to me how people get excited every year over a QB pro day as if anybody would ever struggle in that setting.
I had no clue how Mayock had him as a top pick. Everything BG had screamed late round pick/project to me. Hell the only thing he really had was a few prototypical attributes but he was obviously a project and should have never been traded up for. The Skins got Kerrigan, Jenkins, and Hankerson with that haul lol. What was Jax thinking?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That really baffled me. Mayock was the one who started the Gabbert hype train, and everyone followed suit. It serioulsy made me question his integrity. Bc we know agents will do anything to boost their player's stock.

And we know all these analysts have relationships with agents.
I actually think that Mayock just isn't very good at projecting college players to the NFL.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
$55M vs $52M. OK, more guaranteed money, but not more money overall.

Flacco is gonna get the entire $120.6M in his contract.

The Cowboys could easily cut Romo before his 6 year, $108M contract is over. That's why he's getting a little more guaranteed money.
romo already had a 6 year $70 million deal though...pretty sweet deal for romo
Old 03-29-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I actually think that Mayock just isn't very good at projecting college players to the NFL.
He's the most knowledgeable guy on football on any channel not named Trent Dilfer.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He's decent with secondary players but outside of that I don't take much from his evaluations

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFL Network's Albert Breer reports the Seahawks are expected to receive a 2013 draft pick and 2014 conditional pick if the Raiders complete their end of the impending Matt Flynn trade.
Per Breer, Seattle has "done its part" in the Flynn deal. The draft-pick compensation is agreed upon, and it's now up to Flynn and the Raiders to "push it over the goal line." It sounds like Oakland and Flynn are in contract talks.
Related: Raiders
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter Mar 29 - 5:12 PM
I'll guess:

2013 7th
2014 7th that could become a 6th based on playing time.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How in the hell is Romo getting 108 million ? Serious what the hell.

Why is it all on Romo? I think he's been just as good as Eli during the regular season and just as clutch too (during the reg season). Their problem is their GM, coach and D. I know Romo chokes in big games but so do other QB's yet they have a support system or good coach or good GM or a combination. Something has to be said for breaking most of the Cowboy passing records, right? That right there tells me something sytemic has to be more of a factor than just Romo. He takes way too much heat IMO. If he were on a team like the Steelers he'd probably be much more highly regarded. If he played in a different era he'd probably be a HOFer. It's a bizzare situation that I can't figure out but it would be damn near impossible to replace his production IMO. And I firmly believe that he's not the problem in Dallas. Just my view and I'm not a fan of the guy.

Last edited by Guru : 03-29-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo deserves no defense. When I watch him, he never disappoints. Always results in him messing up at the end.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
He's the most knowledgeable guy on football on any channel not named Trent Dilfer.
Steve Mariucci is my favorite