Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones needs to retire. 18 million a year for a QB who's done what? I mean, he's good with fantasy numbers but he doesn't deserve to be paid like a top 5 QB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
No one is worth it. That's not going to stop them from getting it. It is what it is.
You would think a Chiefs fan of all people would understand the value of a QB
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Jerry Jones is cementing his legacy as Al Davis with no football cred.

What is sad is the Cowboys as a national brand with reach is going away and with it merchandising, etc. I predict within 10 years they will be no more popular nationally than the Bears or any other good sized regional market. And with that Jones and some of his money will soon be parted.

This guy is an absolute moron and the team will suck really bad in a few years once their vets start retiring (Witten, Ware, etc).
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Jerry Jones needs to retire. 18 million a year for a QB who's done what? I mean, he's good with fantasy numbers but he doesn't deserve to be paid like a top 5 QB.
What would you have done in his situation? It was already a ****** up one to begin with, but would you rather have Romo on this deal and be strapped for cap space, or have no QB at all and have cap space? Neither one is very exciting but let's not act like you don't know which one you would take. He was already scheduled to make 16 million this year, it's not like a whole lot changed except he was extended.

I'm really not a fan of Jerry Jones or even Romo so I don't want to sound like an apologist, but what would you have done so different here? Trot out the Chad Hutchinsons, Drew Hensons, and Quincy Carters of the world at QB and be excited about the additional 20 million in cap space you have to spend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones is starting to make Mike Brown look good.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
Jerry Jones is cementing his legacy as Al Davis with no football cred.

What is sad is the Cowboys as a national brand with reach is going away and with it merchandising, etc. I predict within 10 years they will be no more popular nationally than the Bears or any other good sized regional market. And with that Jones and some of his money will soon be parted.

This guy is an absolute moron and the team will suck really bad in a few years once their vets start retiring (Witten, Ware, etc).
What's funny about you is you're about to go off on your tangent on how all Cowboy fans are homers except for you, but in the past 2-3 years you've popped back up with your 13th username, literally every post you've made on this site is regarding Jerry Jones. You also said it was stupid to draft Dez and Bruce Carter because Jerrah just likes guys who look good in shorts, but maybe if you spent more time talking about the Cowboys and not making every post "lol Jerrah suxorz" someone might care what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'll guess:

2013 7th
2014 7th that could become a 6th based on playing time.
I would be okay with this. I've been bracing for a 3rd or 4th this year plus pock that can escalate to 2nd in 2014 based on team performance/playing time.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would be okay with this. I've been bracing for a 3rd or 4th this year plus pock that can escalate to 2nd in 2014 based on team performance/playing time.
Breer then tweeted it could be a 2014 + 2015 pick.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Breer then tweeted it could be a 2014 + 2015 pick.
Well Raiders don't have a 2nd or a 5th this year... So could be either a high pick or a late pick...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to side with the sabermetric geeks in how I view "clutch" players so I have no problem with what the Cowboys did.

They have a QB. They did what they HAD to do in order to keep him. About 15 other teams in the NFL wish they could have given Romo that deal.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Well Raiders don't have a 2nd or a 5th this year... So could be either a high pick or a late pick...
If it's two picks I would be SHOCKED if it includes a 2013 4th.

So I think we've just figured out that the 2013 pick is either a 6th or a 7th...
Old 03-29-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He's decent with secondary players but outside of that I don't take much from his evaluations
He called JJ Watt the best defensive player coming out before the combine and had him projected top 10 before anyone else.

Mayock has knowledge.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
He called JJ Watt the best defensive player coming out before the combine.

Mayock has knowledge.
So did I.
Where's my credit.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
So did I.
Where's my credit.
Well...I just +Rep you if that counts for anything?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
So did I.
Where's my credit.
Same here. I wanted him instead of Locker for the Titans
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Do you believe in Locker?

Serious question. Just curious.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you believe in Locker?

Serious question. Just curious.
I think he's shown glimpses of what he can do in the NFL. For what praise Chris Palmer received for working with QBs, he was a very poor OC for us.

The whole philosophy of the offense was really, we were acting like we had Aaron Rodgers back there and that's simply not the same.

I think this year is a big season for Jake, and I expect the offensive play-calling to be much more friendly for what Jake does best.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe he can be a very good QB in this league. He's shown a lot of solid play over the past two seasons, but is wildly inconsistent. If he has a poor year though, It's gonna be tough to defend him.

It's been relatively painful to see all the QBs taken in the past couple years play how they've played because I believe Locker exceeds many of them in talent, but our play-calling was so poor it was so hard to see that. In his rookie year when he played he was primarily from under center and played great. Last year, we were in the shotgun too much, he's still a young QB and needs an offense to adapt to his style of play, hopefully Loggains does that.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

He definitely has talent. I'm not his biggest believer, but I'm also not someone that dogs on him either.

The good news is he has a stud #1 in Britt (if he keeps his head on) and solid group of WR's. You guys beefed up your o-line this offseason. He really should be ready to roll this season if he ever will at all.

He definitely played too early. I think you guys had the right idea with Hassleback being the guy his first 2 seasons but as we know that didn't work out.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So two QB needy teams both have addressed the QB situation through trades - KC and Oak. Should be interesting to see what happens on draft day, this QB draft class is so intriguing in that regard. Guys like Jones, Bray, Wilson and Glennon all have some of the pieces required but are not finished products. It will be interesting to see if their is a run on QBs starting in mid-round 2.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Flynn to Raiders deal isn't done yet apparently.

Very weird.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He definitely has talent. I'm not his biggest believer, but I'm also not someone that dogs on him either.

The good news is he has a stud #1 in Britt (if he keeps his head on) and solid group of WR's. You guys beefed up your o-line this offseason. He really should be ready to roll this season if he ever will at all.

He definitely played too early. I think you guys had the right idea with Hassleback being the guy his first 2 seasons but as we know that didn't work out.
Yeah, Hasselbecks arm was dead last season. If he still had an arm at the beginning of camp I think he would have won the job, but it was gone by that point.

Before Locker hurt his shoulder the 2nd time, he was really growing in his confidence. That dropped off some but hopefully he gains it back.

I'm not gonna say he's gonna be great, but I think he can be a good QB and it's still too early in his career to decide either way
Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Flynn to Raiders deal isn't done yet apparently.

Very weird.
Raiders are going to sleep on it.

Good idea.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wait, people are still riding the Kenny Britt train?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wait, people are still riding the Kenny Britt train?
Believe it or not, he has steady cult following.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I was firmly planted on JJ.
What is known as a "nut-hugger" if you will.

If AJ went before our pick, I wanted JJ. Or trade back for JJ. Or trade up again for JJ.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote