Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's amazing to me how KC had so much talent yet they were so awful last year. It really is puzzling.
I love Romeo but he's clearly an abysmal HC. Even listening to him in post game spots he always seemed befuddled. Gameplans sucked, calls sucked . . . everything was bad from the top down. Not having a decent QB doesn't help but even the QB decisions lacked any real sense of urgency, direction or control.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the lack of defense is the craziest thing...think of all the top picks used on the dline alone....Tamba, Poe, Jackson, Dorsey.

They played Tamba at DE for a while and then he dominated being moved to OLB, they drafted one of the best UT prospects this decade in Dorsey but asked him to play 5 tech (which he did end up playing pretty well near the end), Jackson never lived up to his draft slot, but thats what happens when you take a 5 tech 3rd overall...they were hoping theyd be getting JJ watt or Richard Seymour, but they just got a solid run defender with $30 million in guaranteed money.

Then theres eric berry, pure stud machine

Then you have guys like Houston, Flowers, Powe, Bailey who were all at one point or another considered first round talent. They should be better lol
Old 04-10-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm usually the one arguing that we overrate draft picks but I think this is a dumb move for the Pats (unless they're just trying to tweak the Steelers cap somehow).

But Sanders is an average player at best and the Patriots should take advantage of this WR class. They keep adding FAs every year but why not get someone for Brady to work with consistently year to year?

They're probably still scared off by Chad Jackson and Taylor Price.

Between Hopkins, Patton, Wheaton, and Swope, there are plenty of guys that could be much better than Sanders.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanders has been removed from the steelers roster and depth chart on steelers.com

http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I know he was stupid but I thought his antics were relatively harmless, not surprised he has not amounted to anything of a football player after college but I didn't think he would go to jail. His recruiting trip stories were the stuff of legend.
You didn't think he would go to jail? We're talking about the guy that got kicked out of Miami (of all schools) because he had added up over 18 arrests until that point. I'd be surprised if he was anywhere BUT in jail.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I love Romeo but he's clearly an abysmal HC. Even listening to him in post game spots he always seemed befuddled. Gameplans sucked, calls sucked . . . everything was bad from the top down. Not having a decent QB doesn't help but even the QB decisions lacked any real sense of urgency, direction or control.
I think this perfectly sums up Romeo as a head coach:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...got-5-carries/

Quote:
Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel was asked after the game why the Chiefs didn’t get Charles more involved, and he said he doesn’t know.

“Now, that I’m not exactly sure either,” Crennel said after the game, via Dave Skretta of the Associated Press.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn.
Plus Romeo as HC.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
I think this perfectly sums up Romeo as a head coach:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...got-5-carries/
Indeed. The "either" in that statement indicates it wasn't the first question asked so far in that interview for which he had no reasonable response.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's amazing to me how KC had so much talent yet they were so awful last year. It really is puzzling.
Just goes to show that talent isn't everything. Dallas has had "talent" for the last several years and can easily be a playoff team year after year, but they always screw themselves over. The coaching in Kansas City and Dallas has been underwhelming. Funny, because then you have a team like the Colts last season who were not that impressive in any major team statistical category and don't have a myriad of talent compared to other teams, and they go 11-5.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their lack of use of Jamaal Charles in some games was absolutely bewildering.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain why NE is giving up a 3rd rounder (I understand RFA) and signing the guy to a 1 year deal?

My understanding is that he can't sign 2 contracts in a year thus he would be subject to FA or they will have to tag him. Why not just add a few years onto this current deal? I get that they could work out an extension while he is in NE, but he can't sign it until the new league year (at which point he would be a FA). I'm just not understanding it, or am I?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Their lack of use of Jamaal Charles in some games was absolutely bewildering.
This. Fat Romeo didn't know how to use his best offensive player.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Can someone explain why NE is giving up a 3rd rounder (I understand RFA) and signing the guy to a 1 year deal?

My understanding is that he can't sign 2 contracts in a year thus he would be subject to FA or they will have to tag him. Why not just add a few years onto this current deal? I get that they could work out an extension while he is in NE, but he can't sign it until the new league year (at which point he would be a FA). I'm just not understanding it, or am I?
I was wondering that myself
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Idk how many of you guys remember this guy, but did anyone know willie williams is in Jail? lol

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2013/2/...-still-in-jail

The guy was the Adrian Peterson of outside linebackers..just a grown ass man out of highschool
I remember reading a big article on him before his draft year, and how he turned his life around and was hoping for one NFL team to give him a shot to show what he can do.

Apparently, that did not work out.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals cut Jason Allen. Yea more cap space it is obvious the Bengals don't have enough already.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
I remember reading a big article on him before his draft year, and how he turned his life around and was hoping for one NFL team to give him a shot to show what he can do.

Apparently, that did not work out.
i remember the packers were looking at him as an OLB....the kid was seriously a grown man out of high school, had really legitimate potential to break sack records. Shame he was always in so much trouble, he was EASILY the best 18 year old pass rushing prospect ive seen in my lifetime
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a comparison that might scare some Cardinals fans - err - just Fenikz...

Romeo Crennel's 2011 is similar to Bruce Arians' 2012.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I've got a comparison that might scare some Cardinals fans - err - just Fenikz...

Romeo Crennel's 2011 is similar to Bruce Arians' 2012.
bruce arians is terrible, theres a reason he NEVER was interviewed as a HC candidate after all his years with the steelers and 2 superbowl appearances as the OC. hes a good QB coach and having the chosen one in andrew luck fall into his lap last year has skewed some teams perspective on him, but hes bad.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland sign Seneca Wallace.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Oakland sign Seneca Wallace.
Pryor is probably not in a good mood.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Jeez, I just don't get the Pats here.

If I were the Steelers I would trade Manny Sanders for a 3rd in a heartbeat. He's not that good. Cotchery is just as good. Wow.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals have had visits from Dansby and Rhodes. Would accept either. Ideally both

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Rhodes still being there doesn't make sense. Maybe the Benglas, Browns, etc. are seeing if they can't add a S in the draft.

Like if Vaccaro is there at 21, they'll take him. But if he's not, they'll sign Rhodes after the draft.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pryor is probably not in a good mood.
Who cares, he sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Jeez, I just don't get the Pats here.

If I were the Steelers I would trade Manny Sanders for a 3rd in a heartbeat. He's not that good. Cotchery is just as good. Wow.
Quote:
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette confirms the Steelers could match the Patriots' one-year, $2.5 million offer sheet for restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders in a "heartbeat."
The question is whether they want to. If the Steelers were dead-set on keeping Sanders for 2013 and beyond, they likely would have tendered him at the first- or second-round level. Beat writer Ed Bouchette believes the Steelers should let Sanders walk, and send the Patriots a "big thank you bouquet" because of the cap space and draft compensation it would provide. Pittsburgh has five days to make up its mind.
I agree with Bouchette.

WTF is Belichick doing?

Usually my argument is that "there's little chance you'll get a player as good as _____________ in the x round."

But given this WR class, there's a good chance if you do your homework, you'd be able to get a BETTER player in the 2nd or even 3rd.

It just doesn't make any sense how BB continues to butcher the WR position. Besides Moss, X and Z have been horrible spots for the Pats. I don't get it.