Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports are that Peyton Mannings neck may be acting up again
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Reports are that Peyton Mannings neck may be acting up again
link? (10 char)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=872
Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incarcerated Bob is a moron with no real information.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Incarcerated Bob is a moron with no real information.
yeah I said that the source was quesstionable when I posted it in the offseason thread but forgot here
Old 07-10-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incarcerated Bob lost his twitter account bc he's basically a fraud. Don't trust a single thing he says.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never heard of the guy, would suck if true but I can't really doubt it because the last time this popped up it was completely out of the blue.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a punk who calls into local NY radio networks and basically applies the "throw **** on a wall and see if it sticks" principle, and for the 1 out of 100 times he's right he goes around telling everyone. And he used twitter as a means of getting his word out. A fake insider basically.

He was called out recently on twitter and was exposed as a fraud. His twitter account got banned and his name has been trademarked by someone else to prevent him from continuing his agenda.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I believe in eli, i believe in the system, and i believe in couglins complex option routes, i just dont think producing in the offense automatically means development.

I think cruz is the exception much more than he is the rule...he was insanely productive as a #3, i didnt think he would be nearly as good as a #2...and i still think it would be insane for a team to pay him to be their #1 but the giants got him at a very reasonable deal, which would make me feel better about signing nicks. I still think cruz is best suited across from nicks, just like i still feel Antonio Brown is best suited across from Wallace (or anyone but sanders)

Honestly most of cruz production 2 years ago was a mess, he was bobbling balls, breaking away when tackles should have been made and several long TDs looked more like an accident than pure skill....but he stepped up as the #2 guy last year and still produced, not all #3s do that even thought everyone wants to assume they will. My original argument had to do with resigning nicks now should be priority #1, solidifying that corps and not just assuming the next guy up is gonna be able to do it in that offense, even if randel shows hes an ok #3, hes definitely talented enough, i just dont think it should be assumed the next man up is gonna replace nicks, and production...which is VERY good, he and mike wallace put together some of the best stats for WRs over their first 3 years since rice and moss

Burress benefiting from ward...LOL.

Ben loved burress, ward hated all WRs the steelers ever drafted...he could have been great here, but he definitely was not just a compliment to ward. Steelers let young #1 WRs go....burress, holmes, wallace...its what they do and it makes me sad

In my phone so this won't be as long.

Well that was the talk during that time I remember. It was from your fan base and the topic from ours and seemed to be the national people was if Burress was a number #1 Wr or not.

What you said is accurate. I have family in Pittsburgh and best friend lives there from college. So I do remember hearing Ben liked Burress a lot.

I see your point. Cruz for his production is still not polished. He does bobble balls and has his share of drops. He normally turns his eyes up field before the ball is secured which drove my crazy.

Smith and Cruz are a product of the system and Eli . Both worked hard with Eli mastering the option and choice routes. Cruz was the guy Eli hit up during the lockout to work with him in Hoboken. Then Cruz went to Duke this past off season. Smith prior did the same in terms of film work and like I said is the most polish WR to play in our system. His effectiveness in processing all that information was uncanny. If Cruz can ever get to that point watch out. If Cruz can cut the brain farts then his production will be that much better.

If you look in our section , I mentioned I doubt Nicks re- signs. I think the Panthers sign him. Hr gets to play opposite Smith and plays in front of his home state. Based on interviews and such Nicks conducted I have a gut feeling Nicks leaves.

He needs to stay healthy is the first step. I want to re-sign him but I doubt he can stay healthy throughout his career. I think the development of R.R. is key. If R.R. takes that next step I can see us offering Nicks fair value but prepared to say bye and move RR to X, Murphy to Z and have him split with Cruz at Z and slot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stafford has got to be the richest player by the time he was 25 when it comes to contract dollars, maybe not endorsements but damnnnn

Jay cutler and matt ryan have to be salivating
And there are articles suggesting he could have gotten more money, but he went the safe route by taking the guaranteed money now. Evidently his 3-year tag number was close to $80 million
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. Stony Brook OT Michael Bamiro is declared a free agent after being turned down for a 6th year of eligibility. Evidently this makes him ineligible for the supplemental draft as well. 6'8" and 335. He will have a workout for scouts tomorrow.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...e-agent-070813
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys Cut their only FB Lawrence (laurence?) Vickers
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Cowboys Cut their only FB Lawrence (laurence?) Vickers
Come to Tennessee!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Making room for Leach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I wish the Titans would go out and get a real fullback, i guess if we're planning on playing Stevens there that may work, but Johnson was trash
Old 07-14-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Making room for Leach?
Making room for two TE sets with Witten/Escobar.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
In my phone so this won't be as long.

Well that was the talk during that time I remember. It was from your fan base and the topic from ours and seemed to be the national people was if Burress was a number #1 Wr or not.

What you said is accurate. I have family in Pittsburgh and best friend lives there from college. So I do remember hearing Ben liked Burress a lot.

I see your point. Cruz for his production is still not polished. He does bobble balls and has his share of drops. He normally turns his eyes up field before the ball is secured which drove my crazy.

Smith and Cruz are a product of the system and Eli . Both worked hard with Eli mastering the option and choice routes. Cruz was the guy Eli hit up during the lockout to work with him in Hoboken. Then Cruz went to Duke this past off season. Smith prior did the same in terms of film work and like I said is the most polish WR to play in our system. His effectiveness in processing all that information was uncanny. If Cruz can ever get to that point watch out. If Cruz can cut the brain farts then his production will be that much better.

If you look in our section , I mentioned I doubt Nicks re- signs. I think the Panthers sign him. Hr gets to play opposite Smith and plays in front of his home state. Based on interviews and such Nicks conducted I have a gut feeling Nicks leaves.

He needs to stay healthy is the first step. I want to re-sign him but I doubt he can stay healthy throughout his career. I think the development of R.R. is key. If R.R. takes that next step I can see us offering Nicks fair value but prepared to say bye and move RR to X, Murphy to Z and have him split with Cruz at Z and slot.

I think allowing Nicks to leave would be a mistake. Health issues aside, I would have felt much better about giving Nicks that contract than Cruz. Feel Cruz is not the best WR on that team and losing Nicks will be costly IMO.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals give Carlos Dunlap a 6 year 40 million deal.
20 mil the first 2 years.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Gotta pay Geno. I think you can let Johnson walk. I think Johnson is replaceable. Dunlap is replaceable too, unless he develops as more than a situational pass rusher.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Gotta pay Geno. I think you can let Johnson walk. I think Johnson is replaceable. Dunlap is replaceable too, unless he develops as more than a situational pass rusher.
He has been more than a situational pass rusher. He is overly aggressive vs the pass and that can be taken advantage of. But his pass rush can be top notch and considering he will be making 5 million a year for the last 4 years of the deal, I am very okay with it.

Geno will get a deal done. It will be a monster deal so I don't expect it anytime soon. Maybe closer to the start of the season at the earliest.

Johnson is absolutely replaceable and if he does walk (I'm not convinced he will) we will look DE early in 2014. He apparently turned down a very nice offer from the Bengals (5 year 40 million). Considering his pass rush was largely abysmal and non-existent before 2012 that is a great deal and if he doesnt repeat 2012 he won't get even that much on the market. His value is in consistency, durability, leadership, run defense and occasional pass rush.

Sadly I think we will put a lot into Hunt to replace him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
He has been more than a situational pass rusher. He is overly aggressive vs the pass and that can be taken advantage of. But his pass rush can be top notch and considering he will be making 5 million a year for the last 4 years of the deal, I am very okay with it.

Geno will get a deal done. It will be a monster deal so I don't expect it anytime soon. Maybe closer to the start of the season at the earliest.

Johnson is absolutely replaceable and if he does walk (I'm not convinced he will) we will look DE early in 2014. He apparently turned down a very nice offer from the Bengals (5 year 40 million). Considering his pass rush was largely abysmal and non-existent before 2012 that is a great deal and if he doesnt repeat 2012 he won't get even that much on the market. His value is in consistency, durability, leadership, run defense and occasional pass rush.

Sadly I think we will put a lot into Hunt to replace him.
I think so too. I think they're hoping Hunt can replace him. Me personally, I was not a fan of Hunt, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Johnson turned down the offer and they gave it to Dunlap....not bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Surprised Bengals opened their pockets. Geno is next, I'd still give MJ a look to bring back or franchise tag once more, what's the point of saving all that money if you don't even bring back your own guys? If I was going to invest money anywhere it would be the D-line, especially since they seem to love JAGS at LB and Safety.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Surprised Bengals opened their pockets. Geno is next, I'd still give MJ a look to bring back or franchise tag once more, what's the point of saving all that money if you don't even bring back your own guys? If I was going to invest money anywhere it would be the D-line, especially since they seem to love JAGS at LB and Safety.
Don't they have to? Doesn't the new CBA state that you have to spend 90% of the cap?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't they have to? Doesn't the new CBA state that you have to spend 90% of the cap?
I've heard this two ways.

1) Each individual team must spend 90% of the cap.

2) The NFL as A WHOLE must average over 90% of the cap.

Not sure which one it is as this is what I heard when the deal was announced