Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smitty on the trade block. I don't care if the Browns overpay. I want one of my favorite players of all time to finish his career in Cleveland and show the young stars how it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He's more like Manny Lawson as an athlete, but I think the Gholston comment was about bustability. Lawson is still starting in the NFL 8 seasons after being drafted. That's VERY different than Gholston.
Still dont like it. Dion will find a niche, and it should be in that like lawson has. Hes BUILT like a 34 OLB, but his skill set is much better suited to 43 OLB

I guess they are all "Big 3-4 OLBS" but Gholston was a whole different kind of big
Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He's more like Manny Lawson as an athlete, but I think the Gholston comment was about bustability. Lawson is still starting in the NFL 8 seasons after being drafted. That's VERY different than Gholston.
To be fair, Jordan already has 2 more sacks than Gholston had in his (three year) career. Obviously he's not setting the world on fire (though I agree with those who are saying he's being misused) but Gholston was an absolutely monumental bust. It's hard to reach that level of bad.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears just cut Dante Rosario, 11 days after re-signing him. He was a good blocker last season in really limited playing time.

I imagine this can only mean that they have agreement with someone else that will be announced on Tuesday. Probably Jimmy Graham, right?

edit: Michael bush is also gone, as expected.

edit2: Adam Schefter says the Bears are trying to trade Julius Peppers. That's pretty silly. Everyone knows he's getting cut.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-10-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Smitty on the trade block. I don't care if the Browns overpay. I want one of my favorite players of all time to finish his career in Cleveland and show the young stars how it's done.
Who?

asdfasdfasdf
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With some big contracts coming up, I like that the majority of Bennetts cap hut will be this season, and if he gets cut after 2015, there's no dead money.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Please God no. No offense, but if we have to send Smitty off, we can do him better than Cleveland. I probably would mind seeing him in New England.

In other news, Gettleman is one cold-hearted bastard. I know we still have cap problems, but I want Smith to play his entire career as a Panther. Carolina fans will flip **** if a trade actually goes through.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 03-10-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Isn't he really a nickel DT and a backup DE if Chris Clemons gets hurt?
He rotates from DE/DT depending on if it's a run or pass situation.

Clemons will likely be cut or restructured.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Who?

asdfasdfasdf
Steve Smith. Imagine him as a Lion across from CJ.

They don't have the cap to do it...but imagine it, anyway.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Anderson is so underrated among DE busts.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is not the same player he was. If he was still that good, the Panthers wouldn't be cutting/trading him for a late-round pick.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Smith is not the same player he was. If he was still that good, the Panthers wouldn't be cutting/trading him for a late-round pick.
He'd still be a damned fine #2 receiver.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Louis Delmas to Miami for 1/3.5

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to see Peppers get cut. I wish they could restructure. Bennett isn't that much better anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He'd still be a damned fine #2 receiver.
I'm not so sure. He's slowed down considerably. The Panthers badly need receivers - if they thought Smith could play they'd keep him.

These types of releases always happen. An aging, big-name guy gets let go and everyone wants him to go their team. Think Ed Reed last year. Well there's a reason he was let go...
Old 03-10-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I hate to see Peppers get cut. I wish they could restructure. Bennett isn't that much better anyway.
Dunno how you feel about PFF, but Peppers was a -4.4 and Bennett was a +36.2. Graded out worlds better against the run and at getting pressure.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm not so sure. He's slowed down considerably. The Panthers badly need receivers - if they thought Smith could play they'd keep him.

These types of releases always happen. An aging, big-name guy gets let go and everyone wants him to go their team. Think Ed Reed last year. Well there's a reason he was let go...
Anquan Boldin.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith's problem isn't speed, it's his hands.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dunno how you feel about PFF, but Peppers was a -4.4 and Bennett was a +36.2. Graded out worlds better against the run and at getting pressure.
I don't mind PFF, but their DE grading methodology and PR productivity stats are just a disaster. There are a myriad of reasons for this:

1) DE rushing technique variations (stunting makes it much more likely to get a "pressure")

2) Overweighting of "pressures" and hits (by their metrics they occur almost every other pass play, they maybe tangibly effect a play 1/3-1/2 of those times) to account for .75 of a sack in their grading. A sack is always a negative play for an offense, whereas pressures can have a wide variety of results. Not to mention how incredibly arbitrary the designation of a pressure is.

3) Players who rush from the left side grade higher typically than those on the right side because it is easier to get a "pressure" when the QB is facing you.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anquan Boldin.
Anquan Boldin is a huge possession receiver who doesn't get/need separation to be effective.

Smith is a small quickness/speed guy.

Boldin's basically a TE outside. He's not running by anyone. Smith needs to.

Again, why are the Panthers cutting him if they think he can be an effective second option? When they have literally 0 receivers on the roster? A team that won 12 games last year and is entering the prime of their star QB's career - a QB who knows and had a rapport with Smith.

They clearly don't think he can be that.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Rogers to be cut. It was only a matter of time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants favorites to sign Dietrich-Smith.

Cut David Baas and Chris Snee took about a 6 million dollar paycut
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Alex Mack's agent is saying he's confident Mack will get an offer the Browns won't match. Peter King says he doesn't get that sort of offer.

Wut wille happin?

**** off killswitch, leave ma alone.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 03-10-2014 at 07:07 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams released Harvey Dahl and are interested in Geoff Schwartz. Love it.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
So Alex Mack's agent is saying he's confident Mack will get an offer the Browns won't match. Peter King says he doesn't get that sort of offer.

Wut wille happin?

**** off killswitch, leave ma alone.
i'm surprised there's been no rumors of the giants willing to give him a nice monster offer. Makes me think we're confident we'll get Verner or Linval Joseph.

Or we really like Dietrich-Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote