Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Revis to the Pats makes so much sense.
At this point I just hope he doesn't go to the Eagles. I want him on the Giants but that's just a pipe dream at this point.

So anyone but the Eagles.

The defensive fan in me wants to see Revis with that Jets DL and Rex drawing up blitzes. Would be unstoppable.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
Wait until we sign Charles Tillman to replace Revis.
That will be so bad. So so bad.

The thing that makes the least sense is how Lovie runs a ton of man coverage, yet doesn't want the best CB in the league since Deion.

Wut?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Here's the stupid part: The bucs have the cap space to carry him, regardless. And they're dumping him.
AND he's the best player on that defense...even better than McCoy. He played zone at an all-pro level last season. No one noticed because it's Tampa Bay.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Revis is replaced with the rotting corpse of what used to be Peanut Tillman. This smells like Lovie's just making room on the depth chart for his buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I'm afraid the Colts are the laughing stock of free agency again this year.
Nothing could be as bad as that Erik Walden contract or Trent Richardson trade, so anything they do is progress, right?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has it, it's a 5 year, $43.75 Million (24 Million Guaranteed) for Michael Johnson and Tampa.

All but confirmed now. And Carlos Rogers Cut.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis to New England sounds fair. BB worked that relationship a year or two ago.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Yeah I don't get the whole knock on the trade... Sheldon Richardson and another pick for a $16 million a year corner who is coming off an ACL tear.

Jets fleeced the Bucs as far as that trade was concerned.
The Jets used a higher pick #8 instead of #14 on Dee Millner as a result of the trade, and now with Sanchez likely being cut will have $59 million in cap space instead of $43 million in cap space. So in essence they traded a top 5 defensive player with multiple good years left for Dee Millner, a 3rd/4th round pick, and an extra $16 million in cap space that they don't really need considering their young talent base about to need a new contract doesn't really exist. The fact that people can't grasp how utterly terrible of a trade that was angers me. However, now they have a chance to rectify it, because the Bucs one upped their idiocy.

It was horrible asset management.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans released Owen Daniels. If he's healthy, he's going to be getting a lot of phone calls today.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This smells like Lovie's just making room on the depth chart for his buddy [Peanut Tillman].
It wouldn't be surprising. Lovie is sort of a Texas hillbilly, and hillbillies are cronie oriented people.

What would make me really pissed if I was a Buccaneer fan is that Revis is getting dumped because TB doesn't want to pay a ton of money for a CB who doesn't need to cover a WR all the way downfield because of the Cover-2 system. Basically, Revis is too good for them to keep, if that makes sense. The sad thing is that it does make sense.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Texans released Owen Daniels. If he's healthy, he's going to be getting a lot of phone calls today.
Dang. I thought they would keep him for another year. Can't believe he's already 31.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Rumor has it, it's a 5 year, $43.75 Million (24 Million Guaranteed) for Michael Johnson and Tampa.

All but confirmed now. And Carlos Rogers Cut.
Pretty much the same deal we just gave to a career backup. **** the Vikings.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
At this point I just hope he doesn't go to the Eagles. I want him on the Giants but that's just a pipe dream at this point.

So anyone but the Eagles.
Oh its happening pal.

Revis, Williams, and then getting a Jimmie Ward in the draft and some enforcer....its happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really hope Revis is a Brown and they bring back the rest of their secondary; Haden, Revis, Ward, love it.

not totally out of nowhere, PFT has the Browns discussing making the trade vs. waiting for the cut.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The Jets used a higher pick #8 instead of #14 on Dee Millner as a result of the trade, and now with Sanchez likely being cut will have $59 million in cap space instead of $43 million in cap space. So in essence they traded a top 5 defensive player with multiple good years left for Dee Millner, a 3rd/4th round pick, and an extra $16 million in cap space that they don't really need considering their young talent base about to need a new contract doesn't really exist. The fact that people can't grasp how utterly terrible of a trade that was angers me. However, now they have a chance to rectify it, because the Bucs one upped their idiocy.

It was horrible asset management.
Revis kept holding out and asking for more money, and blew out his ACL.

Milliner started to come around towards the end of the season, and is someone they have plugged in as their #1 guy. Revis is turning 29 in July, and commands the highest price for a defensive player in the league on a team that was not going to win the Super Bowl with or without him.

It was a good trade, and the Milliner selection was looked at as a valuable one at the time.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
i really hope Revis is a Brown and they bring back the rest of their secondary; Haden, Revis, Ward, love it.

not totally out of nowhere, PFT has the Browns discussing making the trade vs. waiting for the cut.
They'll **** it up somehow.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:43 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Browns, PLEASE trade for Revis. It'll make it so much easier to take Mack away from you.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

If the Browns want him, they'd better trade for him. What makes them think he'd choose to go there when he gets cut and has twenty or so suitors?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assume it's been posted but if not, Arthur Jones to Indy is probably happening. $6-$7 mil/year. I'm happy with it, seems like a good addition to the DL rotation.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haden and Revis? Wow.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Revis kept holding out and asking for more money, and blew out his ACL.

Milliner started to come around towards the end of the season, and is someone they have plugged in as their #1 guy. Revis is turning 29 in July, and commands the highest price for a defensive player in the league on a team that was not going to win the Super Bowl with or without him.

It was a good trade, and the Milliner selection was looked at as a valuable one at the time.
Again, the cap number is irrelevant. If the Jets gave him the exact same contract the Bucs did, they'd have $43 million post-Sanchez cut instead of $59 million. They're going to get another $13 million next year when the dead money for Holmes, Cro, and Sanchez comes off the books. In either scenario they have cap space to sign whomever they want, and multiple players at that.

The Revis trade didn't net the Jets something they wouldn't have been able to have otherwise (except Millner and the 3rd). That's my big issue with the trade, the Jets didn't really get themselves an opportunity they wouldn't have had otherwise, and it cost them their best player in their franchises history.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again, the cap number is irrelevant. If the Jets gave him the exact same contract the Bucs did, they'd have $43 million post-Sanchez cut instead of $59 million. They're going to get another $13 million next year when the dead money for Holmes, Cro, and Sanchez comes off the books. In either scenario they have cap space to sign whomever they want, and multiple players at that.

The Revis trade didn't net the Jets something they wouldn't have been able to have otherwise (except Millner and the 3rd). That's my big issue with the trade, the Jets didn't really get themselves an opportunity they wouldn't have had otherwise, and it cost them their best player in their franchises history.
The problem was fitting him on the books last year, when they had a ton of dead money and guys they couldn't yet cut(like Sanchez,Holmes and Cro). They got Richardson, who looks to be a dominant DL for him and have a ton of cap space to work with. The D was still top 10 btw.

Now that the cap is cleaned up, they shoudl go sign him back.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Once again, the Jets selected Sheldon Richardson with the Revis pick, not Milliner. There is no guarantee the Jets would have taken Richardson instead of Milliner, especially if they were planning on releasing Cro after this year anyways.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Pettine was Revis' defensive coordinator for 3 years with the Jets and would presumably be running the same, if not a similar defense to what Revis thrived in while playing there so I could see the intrigue on his part if Cleveland called.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
The problem was fitting him on the books last year, when they had a ton of dead money and guys they couldn't yet cut(like Sanchez,Holmes and Cro). They got Richardson, who looks to be a dominant DL for him and have a ton of cap space to work with. The D was still top 10 btw.

Now that the cap is cleaned up, they shoudl go sign him back.
I believe the Revis trade created a larger hit against the cap last year than keeping him would have.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
If the Browns want him, they'd better trade for him. What makes them think he'd choose to go there when he gets cut and has twenty or so suitors?
I guarantee thats why they are trying. He will want to go to a contender IMO.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Once again, the Jets selected Sheldon Richardson with the Revis pick, not Milliner. There is no guarantee the Jets would have taken Richardson instead of Milliner, especially if they were planning on releasing Cro after this year anyways.
The Revis trade created a hole that the Jets used a higher pick to address, so while you may want to try and look at it as a 1x1 player for pick tradeoff it's a fundamentally wrong way to look at it. Millner wouldn't have been picked if Revis was still there considering people were calling Cro a top 5 CB after 2012. His rapid regression in 2013 caused his release.