Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears sign Roy Williams. Crappy move IMO

Quote:
AdamSchefter

An agreement: Chicago is reuniting former Cowboys WR Roy Williams w/ Bears OC Mike Martz, who helped coach Williams to Pro Bowl in Detroit.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a vacuum, I'm happy with the Roy Williams signing. After all...despite his flaws, he's still the best receiver on our roster now.

However, I really hate the signing.

a) This is going to be used as justification for the atrocious Olsen trade
b) This is going to be used as justification for us not pursuing MSW or Braylon
c) This shows that Mike Martz is pulling the strings in Chicago now
d) We've probably given him a real contract for real money rather than the incentive-laden pittance that he's earned

Ron Turner 2009: 327 points
Mike Martz 2010: 334 points

We know that Ron Turner is a tard. That's well-established...but doesn't this make Mike Martz the dumbest genius ever?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy might be the tallest WR on the roster but he's most certainly not the best. MSW and Braylon are far better players, although the move would be nice if they could sign one of those guys.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get that Martz doesn't utilize the TE much in his scheme and usually has them back blocking. Thing is though, Olsen is one of those rare athletic TE's who cause defenses fits

So much for a coordinator adjusting his schemes to fit the roster.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's Mike Martz. He's stubborn. You take the bad with the good. In that sense, even though I think the trade is awful, I understand from Angelo's position that you get your coaches the players they want to run their schemes. I'm just surprised we couldn't do better.

On the Roy Williams front, judging the signing in isolation (i.e. not letting my disappointment with Olson cloud judgment), I think the signing at least makes sense. I'm not looking for him to have 1000 yards receiving, I just hope he can take Olson's place in the red zone, where our lack of height has hurt us in the past.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
In a vacuum, I'm happy with the Roy Williams signing. After all...despite his flaws, he's still the best receiver on our roster now.

However, I really hate the signing.

a) This is going to be used as justification for the atrocious Olsen trade
b) This is going to be used as justification for us not pursuing MSW or Braylon
c) This shows that Mike Martz is pulling the strings in Chicago now
d) We've probably given him a real contract for real money rather than the incentive-laden pittance that he's earned

Ron Turner 2009: 327 points
Mike Martz 2010: 334 points

We know that Ron Turner is a tard. That's well-established...but doesn't this make Mike Martz the dumbest genius ever?
**** with the amount of points we scored. You have mike martz offense, one of the most complicated offenses ever in its first year, against Ron turner who has worked with the team a million years.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta cuts Jamal Anderson and Michael Jenkins
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind the Packers taking a look at Anderson as a back up 3-4 DE
Old 07-29-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Oakland content with its QB situation? Jason Campbell and Kyle Boller as a number two?

QBs such as Bulger, Trent Edwards, Matt Moore and Volek are still available. The saga of Trent Edwards makes me sad, I really liked him coming out on Stanford but I think he was just shell shocked by getting beaten up so much in Buffalo. It would be cool if San Fran picked him as the third QB given the fact Bill Walsh thought he was the perfect QB prospect and the whole Stanford/Haurbaugh connection.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy's failures in Dallas had more to do with he being an awful fit in Garrett's offense. I have a feeling he'll resurrect his career in Chicago.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

roy williams to the bears is an awesome signing.

i would like jamaal anderson as a 5 tech....but depending on what they do with aaron smith the DE rotation might be getting a bit crowded
Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok so ive had a twitter for like a year and used it...never

but i think it could be useful for these kinds of purposes, anyone have some names i should be following to get good news? steelers or just nfl in general, i have some of the bigger guys like schefter
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I have just been following Schefter and John Clayton. I hated twitter until tuesday :)
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, today is off to a good start. Jamaal Anderson and Michael Jenkins are off my team. And in much less significance because of how much money they have, the Bucs completely overpaid a very average punter.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

it really has taken a gigantic leap of brilliance in the last 3 days for me lol...such fast access with everyone posting tweets
Old 07-29-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sproles to Saints huh? That's interesting.
I didn't think they were in a market for another RB
since Ingram, Thomas and Ivory are on the squad.
Exclusively as a PR, sometimes on 3rd down?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
**** with the amount of points we scored. You have mike martz offense, one of the most complicated offenses ever in its first year, against Ron turner who has worked with the team a million years.
Stop it. Blind homerism is played out. People can't point to Journeyman "Genius" Martz's other stops scoring better in their first years and then say "oh, well...it was his first year" this time around when he doesn't even outperform Ron Turner.

There's a reason this fraud keeps getting fired.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Is Oakland content with its QB situation? Jason Campbell and Kyle Boller as a number two?

QBs such as Bulger, Trent Edwards, Matt Moore and Volek are still available. The saga of Trent Edwards makes me sad, I really liked him coming out on Stanford but I think he was just shell shocked by getting beaten up so much in Buffalo. It would be cool if San Fran picked him as the third QB given the fact Bill Walsh thought he was the perfect QB prospect and the whole Stanford/Haurbaugh connection.
I dought Haurbaugh picks up any more QB's he just got Jeremiah Masoli from UDFA so that is a no go for any more pickups.He he should be able to make the team they way JH likes scrambler QB 's now.Hopefully he pans out as a 3rd QB for the practice squad.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I dought Haurbaugh picks up any more QB's he just got Jeremiah Masoli from UDFA so that is a no go for any more pickups.He he should be able to make the team they way JH likes scrambler QB 's now.Hopefully he pans out as a 3rd QB for the practice squad.
Oh come onnnnnn.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've see the Raiders had interest in Edwards early on but idk if things fell through

If Aso wants back in Oakland sure I will be happy, but really if he leaves I think we will be fine. I'd rather use his $12M-16M on adding a guy like Gaither and another olinemen and potentially a CB opposite of Routt

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Masoli is going to be a RB for the 49ers.

They just signed McLeod Bethel-Thompson to be a camp arm. The interesting thing is that Bethel-Thompson had the same QB mentor (Roger Theder) as Colin Kaepernick and Josh Johnson.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pretty sure Masoli is being moved to RB. Right now they only have CK and Alex Smith on the team. I don't like CK much as a pro prospect so if Alex Smith gets injured they should probably have an experienced vet on the team.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Per Schefter - Landry to the Jaguars on a 5 year deal
Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Just a thought on Vince Young and if/when he goes to the Eagles. People are saying he automatically becomes the best back up QB in the league which I think is a farce. People also bring up his win/loss record and that all he does is win but how many people can say Vince Young actually was the catalyst for the offense? The running game and defense were always Jeff Fischer's MO in Tennessee.

Young cannot make half the throws Vick can, his arm is average at best. To many casual fans think just because he is a running QB it equates to him being able to have success in Philly because Vick is/was a "running qb".
Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Per Schefter - Landry to the Jaguars on a 5 year deal
Quick note:

He says it should be coming. They haven't agreed yet.
I hope we didn't pay more than Houston gave Manning, but Gene seems to be trying to unload to get close to the cap minimum.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote