Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
26 mill guaranteed is still overpaying for a guy who might not even give you 16 games this year let alone the year after.
Yes, but teams like the Broncos are playing for championships at this point, Talib when he's on, (about 75% of the time in his NE tenure) rivals the top echelon CB's. He is the kind of guy who on any given day can shut anybody down. That's one hell of an asset to have even if you can't be 100% sure you can rely on him to be healthy or on his game. The Broncos have cap room this year, and they can back load their contracts for D. Thomas, Miller, and J. Thomas next year.

A tall, position and technique versatile, who is effective vs. all types of receivers is not an asset that commonly hits the market. He has his flaws, but if you can take a 2 year $20 million risk on that guy, and have the potential to dump him in year 3 for about $6 million in dead money or 1/50th of the projected cap over 2 years, that's not a bad risk to take.

Now the details could come out that the $26 million is all a signing bonus pro rated over the 6 years, and I may feel differently. However, I don't anticipate that.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It feels like the rebuild is about to happen in Dallas. Unless they really turn things around with some solid FA signings and a great draft, which is entirely possible btw (afterall it's just the first day of FA let's not get ahead of ourselves), they're staring 6-10 dead in the face right now.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
The legalization of pot in the state of Colorado has done wonders for the Broncos' free agent recruiting.
You can still be suspended for it through the NFL drug policy.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
**** you Loomis. **** you Payton. **** you New Orleans. **** you Jairus Byrd. **** all of you. I'm distraught. This one hurts.
"Hey Mickey look how mad that guy is"

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
You'll draft HaHa and be ok with it.

I really, really won't. HaHa isn't near the center fielder that Byrd is. Don't try to convince me otherwise!

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
you should be working, not lurking. but good to see you.
I didn't know my boss had an account on here.

Quote:
It feels like the rebuild is about to happen in Dallas. Unless they really turn things around with some solid FA signings and a great draft, which is entirely possible btw (afterall it's just the first day of FA let's not get ahead of ourselves), they're staring 6-10 dead in the face right now.
I don't think they have the cap room for any splashy signings. They could trade out Ware for Jared Allen I guess...but that feels like a lateral move.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
"Hey Mickey look how mad that guy is"

You guys are assholes. The one place I thought would understand my pain...you guys have lost your souls.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter said Tate is visiting cle, unless I heard wrong.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks staying in Miami woo. Seems like it's gonna be a solid deal for us too. DL of Wake/OV/Dion/Odrick/Starks/Mitchell is good stuff.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Schefter said Tate is visiting cle, unless I heard wrong.
Not even a little bit of a surprise
Old 03-12-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So the Raiders have nobody on the defensive line right now and exactly 2 players on their Oline. 3 if you believe Menelik Watson will be the LT. Yep. That's the best way to build a team.
If Menelik Watson gets the starting job, opposing pass rushers might be saying "Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman" (because Watson is from England).

The Jaguars have signed Dekota Watson to play edge linebacker (which he often did for TB on passing downs) and has a chance at starting (depending on FA/Draft).

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 03-12-2014 at 10:13 AM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys are assholes. The one place I thought would understand my pain...you guys have lost your souls.
We had already taken Greer...
Old 03-12-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We had already taken Greer...
If this in reference to my soulless comment or what??

Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills re-signed K Dan Carpenter and is the favorite to win the job against Dustin Hopkins. Buffalo also signed G Chris Williams from the Rams. He was a Round 1 draft bust OT for the Bears a few years back.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 03-12-2014 at 10:12 AM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints fans are like this these days. Win one SB and that's how fans get.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Saints fans are like this these days. Win one SB and that's how fans get.
From a chiefs fan. lulz.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

@RapSheet 1m
For RB Ben Tate, it seems Cleveland is the spot that’s the leader to land him. The plan is a visit there soon. They’ve wanted him.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only thing left to gut is Garrett and his staff, Romo, and Witten. Which is very likely to happen if they fail like you suggest.

The defense is gonna have to be totally rebuilt, and after finishing 32nd in the league last year it's not gonna happen in one off-season. They're at the point now where Romo is 34 and you're talking about at minimum a 2 year rebuilding project on defense... just don't see how Romo makes sense anymore with the direction we're going.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty happy with the Titans thus far, except for losing Verner on that deal. But if they don't think he's a scheme fit I can't blame them.

McCluster was a good addition in my book. Other than that, let everyone else shell out the big bucks, and hopefully we can come in later and swoop up some guys.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From a chiefs fan. lulz.
That makes no sense.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That makes no sense.
Alex Smith lulz

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
That makes no sense.
How exactly do we "act"? Sorry that if my team has a 21 point lead at half time I can expect them to win.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least you're not a Browns fan

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
At least you're not a Browns fan
#believeland

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo Two-year extension for Pierre Thomas to stay with the Saints, per agent @CLamontSmith

So happy