Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
bit more optimistic about champ, wont be amazing like he was but i think he can find his groove back a bit if he stays healthier and provide some depth for the corner position opposite of keenan lewis
Champ can match up okay on some slower receivers and TEs in coverage. He has always been able to tackle as well. Just has a big problem with speed nowadays.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rising draft prospect Brandon Thomas (OT, Clm) tore his ACL during a workout.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt McCoy signed with the Redskins 4 days ago... WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS!?!?!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK I found my sleeper team for a QB.

Chicago Bears.

Cutler's deal is essentially for just 2 more years and given what's happened the past few years with his injury issues and Trestman's success with McCown, I could see them taking a QB as high as 14 if say, BW drops and he's the top guy on their board.

Even if that doesn't happen, they'll absolutely draft one in the 3rd or later. Their backup is Jordan Palmer and with Cutler's injury history they clearly are planning to use a fairly high pick on a QB in the draft.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that last year when they had Cutler in the final year of his deal and only ancient McCown at backup. And that was with a new QB guru head coach. They still didn't touch one.

I'd bet the farm against them taking one at 14, but if one of the top guys happens to slip to their 2nd round pick (not out of the question, see Geno Smith,) they could pull the trigger there.

I'm thinking 4th round or later though. There are enough QBs with starter level upside that the truly needy teams will get their fill and there will still be some Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray, Tajh Boyd type son the board.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course it's long odds at 14, but we haven't had the shocking QB decision in a while in terms of a team taking a QB that didn't necessarily have a pressing need there in the first round. The last one I remember was Plummer/Cutler.

I think BW could fall to 14 and I think he'd be a guy Trestman would love to work with. If Minny and Tampa pass, and there are going to be stud prospects there, it's really just Tennessee before Chicago that could take him.

I'll throw out hundreds of potential shockers from now until the draft - consider BW to CHI at 14 the first.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Colt McCoy signed with the Redskins 4 days ago... WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS!?!?!
We're saving our excitement for when Rex Grossman signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
OK I found my sleeper team for a QB.

Chicago Bears.

Cutler's deal is essentially for just 2 more years and given what's happened the past few years with his injury issues and Trestman's success with McCown, I could see them taking a QB as high as 14 if say, BW drops and he's the top guy on their board.

Even if that doesn't happen, they'll absolutely draft one in the 3rd or later. Their backup is Jordan Palmer and with Cutler's injury history they clearly are planning to use a fairly high pick on a QB in the draft.
I don't know how Jordan Palmer means they're planning to use a high pick in the draft on a QB. They were rolling with Josh McCown, who IS Jordan Palmer. I mean, they signed his ass from off the street to be the backup when no team wanted him.

I could see them using one as soon as round 3 if someone like a Garoppolo or Mettenberger is there, but to think they'd take one at 14 when they have some incredibly pressing needs and just signed a QB to a franchise deal is just ridiculous. They still don't have 11 defensive starters and had a bottom 10 RT last season.

Would literally bet ten grand at 1:1 odds they don't take a QB in the first. What's the next shocker? Lions taking a first round wideout?

Last edited by Monomach : 04-07-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I'm all about the ridiculous. That's what a shockers are.

McCown at least had some experience earlier in his career. Palmer isn't someone you ever want to see the field.

It's shaping up pretty clearly that they are willing to spend a pick on a QB. You've got an oft-injured starter, a QB guru who, as was pointed out before, resisted drafting a QB in a bad class last year, and a backup who no one wants to see the field.

Taking one at 14 would be shocking. Taking one anywhere thereafter wouldn't.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Taking [a QB] at 14 would be shocking. Taking one anywhere thereafter wouldn't.
Zach Mettenberger is starting to climb a little. And I'm fascinated by where A.J. McCarron will wind up. We all know that Alabama automatically collects five star talent like rich silver spoon girls in Beverly Hills collect designer purses. The question is if McCarron is one of the five star guys, or did he benefit from the five star players around him?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't think that question matters as much as it should. There's limited supply and crazy demand for QBs and McCarron has the minimum required physical tools, production, and winning experience in a pro style offense.

He's really not an impressive prospect in any way, but a team is going to talk themselves into him as early as the 2nd round. There are just too many teams that need a QB.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Mett is a gigantic turd of a human being as well. I wonder how that effects his draft stock.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Apparently Mett is a gigantic turd of a human being as well. I wonder how that effects his draft stock.
Elaborate?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Elaborate?
He had a couple misdemeanor sexual battery charges prior to arriving at LSU, but I haven't heard of any character concerns that have popped up since then.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He had a couple misdemeanor sexual battery charges prior to arriving at LSU, but I haven't heard of any character concerns that have popped up since then.
he put his hands up a girl's skirt while at UGA and then lied to Richt about it all.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think the sexual battery is something to look into if I'm thinking of drafting him but Mett seemed to keep his nose clean at LSU. I'd actually be more worried about an air of entitlement like McCarron has.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I think the sexual battery is something to look into if I'm thinking of drafting him but Mett seemed to keep his nose clean at LSU. I'd actually be more worried about an air of entitlement like McCarron has.
Have there been rumors Mett has the same issue?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have there been rumors Mett has the same issue?
I have done, what I would consider, extensive research on Mettenberger the last couple of months. Only QB prospect I've spent more time on is Manziel.
I have not come across any of the field incidents involving Mettenberger since he left Georgia. In fact, countless sources I've read states, that he was a young kid who made some stupid ****, he learned from it, and has moved on. From what I've read he is a hard worker, and a good teammate.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
I wouldn't touch McCarron for the same reason. (Well that, and I think he is not a very good prospect.) Anyone who saw his press conference at the Combine could see, what an entitled douche he is.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avant to the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Welp, after all that Bears QB speculation, the immortal Josh Freeman is visiting. Maybe that'll be the project for Trestman.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Andre Brown got less than a mil to be the backup in Houston. They could still draft a RB. Brown was pretty bad last year coming off a broken leg after a good season in 2012. Replacement level talent.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Avant to the Panthers.
Cotchery/Avant/filler. Championship.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Cotchery/Avant/filler. Championship.
How dare you speak in such a foul way about Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King...?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the panthers can have greg little
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King is legit watch out for him.