Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I could see him fitting better on another team. Wouldn't be surprised to see NE go after him. Pittsburgh and Cleveland make sense too.
Any offense that actually throws the football to their running backs.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Any offense that actually throws the football to their running backs.
Which wouldn't be us. I could understand limiting his production because of his apparent lack of pass blocking skills, but it was getting to the point where he was forth on the depth chart behind Anthony Dixon in terms of seeing action as a runner. No idea why we took him so high, but refused to use him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the huge fumble in the Super Bowl factored into the situation.

The 49ers will definitely take a RB at some point. I hope it's Hill, DAT, Seastrunk, or Andre Williams. I hope they don't get Hyde, West, or Mason.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

The 49ers will definitely take a RB at some point. I hope it's Hill, DAT, Seastrunk, or Andre Williams. I hope they don't get Hyde, West, or Mason.
That shouldn't have sacked his opportunities for an entire year though. Every runningback fumbles.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Keeping Rex was a good one. I actually like the potential of Vick and CJ in the backfield for you guys, even Geno with him gives that offense a ton of speed. Albeit both seem to be over their prime, but if you could get one or two productive seasons out of them and the defense to return to form the Jets could make a return to form this season. Should be interesting one way or the other.
It'll definitely be an interesting season, I've been pretty happy with how the offseason has gone and like Idzik as a general manager so far. Very pragmatic and takes measured risks which is good during a rebuild. There were certain moves I think he should have made if the Jets were a couple of steps away from competing, but that's a couple years away in a best case scenario so I'm glad he didn't.

All that said, my expectation is that as long as Woody Johnson is owner things will take a turn for the worse sooner rather than later when things start to get good.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see him fitting better on another team. Wouldn't be surprised to see NE go after him. Pittsburgh and Cleveland make sense too.
Na, we like our backs with Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steelers will likely bring back either LSH or Felix if they dont get another back in the draft (interested in Seastrunk). They wouldnt trade for James. Bell is the work horse and an awesome receiver, blount is his backup
Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean why would anyone trade for James? What would they even expect to get back for him? Seems like there isn't a very large market for a guy that hasn't proven anything. Hell Chris Johnson couldn't even get traded for a low level pick, although Im assuming that was cap related.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

Why can't Rex just get fired yet and come back to Baltimore to DC?
I am almost positive that someone would hire him to be a HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd give a 6 for him in new orleans.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh **** that we don't need any more RB s. DATwould just be like James.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Johnson has just signed with the Montreal Alouettes, good for him if he still has the desire to play and wants to prove he has the talent yo back it up.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's just broke, haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah he didn't look like he had any talent when he was with us. Guy was a scrub.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if you're playing in the CFL it's likely not for the money (barring some exceptions). I think he wants to prove he can still ball. I'm interested to see if he does still have it. He'll be playing with Cris Carter's son in MTL.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars release starting WLB Russell Allen, who failed a physical.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I think he's just broke, haha
He's not worried about money. He's done pretty well with securing his future and growing the money he earned. Chad Johnson really does just like to compete in athletics. He tried out for Sporting KC a few years ago and took it very seriously. He was really trying to make the team - it wasn't a publicity stunt.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's not worried about money. He's done pretty well with securing his future and growing the money he earned. Chad Johnson really does just like to compete in athletics. He tried out for Sporting KC a few years ago and took it very seriously. He was really trying to make the team - it wasn't a publicity stunt.
Yeah, all the publicity stunts have made people think that's why he does it, but I've always gotten the feeling he really loves sports. He likes the attention that comes with it, and I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun with the Montreal fans.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought Chad was ever actually stupid. He just liked to have fun. Him playing in Canada has more to do with him wanting to play the game he loves more than money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

49ers getting Lattimore soon, and drafted James, Hunter recently too. Don't think they as a group can do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Chad Johnson has just signed with the Montreal Alouettes, good for him if he still has the desire to play and wants to prove he has the talent yo back it up.
Good for him, you can tell just by twitter how much he truly loves to play. Might as well do it somewhere rather then wait for a chance that probably wont come. Also, guarantee he has a clause to jump ship to the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Jaguars release starting WLB Russell Allen, who failed a physical.
Does this happen often?
Old 04-18-2014, 01:51 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
49ers getting Lattimore soon, and drafted James, Hunter recently too. Don't think they as a group can do
James is already on the block so he is closer to getting release than getting carries. Hunter is okay but is only a back up. Lattimore is a big unknown so far. He an be a player but he is still coming off two major knee injuries. He can be great or he could be nothing.

Gore can only last so long and there is nothing proven behind him as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:24 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
James is already on the block so he is closer to getting release than getting carries. Hunter is okay but is only a back up. Lattimore is a big unknown so far. He an be a player but he is still coming off two major knee injuries. He can be great or he could be nothing.

Gore can only last so long and there is nothing proven behind him as of yet.
That's why IMO u wait another draft or 2 and see what Lattimore got. Hopefully he can be Gore 2.0 if not better with our coaching staff. I just dont' see wasting on draft pick on RB when defense and wide out has so many more holes right now.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meachem signs a 1 year deal with the Saints today.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Honestly, if you're playing in the CFL it's likely not for the money (barring some exceptions). I think he wants to prove he can still ball. I'm interested to see if he does still have it. He'll be playing with Cris Carter's son in MTL.
If Duron Carter made a CFL team, the CFL has much less talent than I ever could have imagined.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
If Duron Carter made a CFL team, the CFL has much less talent than I ever could have imagined.
The CFL has plenty of talent. While some may expect Chad Johnson to go out there and dominate because he's a household name it won't happen, Ricky Williams played for the Argos right before returning to the NFL and was very pedestrian.