Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I dunno if Lloyd has the most ridiculous catch of all time, but he's probably got the strongest library of ridiculous catches.
Yet he had a habit of dropping easy passes. WTF was that about...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yet he had a habit of dropping easy passes. WTF was that about...
Eric Ebron is one of those guys. Everyone is clamoring for him now because of the athleticism and the highlight catches, but they're not seeing how many boneheaded easy drops he has. Dude is sneakily being a straight-up drop machine.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Eric Ebron is one of those guys. Everyone is clamoring for him now because of the athleticism and the highlight catches, but they're not seeing how many boneheaded easy drops he has. Dude is sneakily being a straight-up drop machine.
Yea Ebron is alot of hype. Don't think he will be the impact player everyone is making him out to be.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I dunno if Lloyd has the most ridiculous catch of all time, but he's probably got the strongest library of ridiculous catches.
That one year in Denver where he blew up was pretty cool. Although a LOT of that was stat padding throwing a ton late in games. He was a decent WR in the terms of MAYBE a #2, #3 option.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens LB Rolando McClain will retire again, football just isn't his main interest.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Ravens LB Rolando McClain will retire again, football just isn't his main interest.
Putting himself in handcuffs is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Putting himself in handcuffs is.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I don't even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why'd he even try? I don't get guys like him at all.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:11 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Why'd he even try? I don't get guys like him at all.
The money is great, but then he remembered that he hates his job. That's my guess.

Also, I think there may be a good chance that he's a crazy person.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of people hate their jobs but still have to work to live. I just can't understand that mindset. He does seem a little bonkers.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You take hating your job when youre making that much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:25 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
You take hating your job when youre making that much money.
If he was smart with his money (and this might be a really big "if") then he should be set up for life. Maybe he's just content with his financial situation.

On the other hand, I agree with you. His last few years, I actually thought Favre was coming back just for the money. I mean, who wouldn't put in six months of work for another $10 Million?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
If he was smart with his money (and this might be a really big "if") then he should be set up for life. Maybe he's just content with his financial situation.

On the other hand, I agree with you. His last few years, I actually thought Favre was coming back just for the money. I mean, who wouldn't put in six months of work for another $10 Million?
Farve just couldn't take that Rodgers was the next guy up so he decided to hold the team ransom until they cut his ass. And then the Saints broke him the following season.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Farve just couldn't take that Rodgers was the next guy up so he decided to hold the team ransom until they cut his ass. And then the Saints broke him the following season.
You forget about his year with the Jets! It was actually a trade. Don't feel bad, I think most people forget about Broadway Brett.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:05 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
You forget about his year with the Jets! It was actually a trade. Don't feel bad, I think most people forget about Broadway Brett.
I dont think I could forget the stipulation of that trade to the Jets included if they traded him to the Vikings (or maybe it was any other team) they get a kings ransom of picks/money (I cant recall exactly what it was).
Old 04-21-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Oh my god I forgot about that. Now I have to remember his sole and only purpose that year was to beat us and then lose to the Dolphins in the last game of the season to eliminate us from the playoffs. **** you Farve.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Ryan Nassib could be in danger of losing his roster spot with the addition of Josh Freeman. Last years QB class is already in terrible shape.

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are most likely in a now or never position.

Matt Barkely is probably 3rd string with the addition of Mark Sanchez in Philly. I wouldn't be surprised if they are open to trading him.

Tyler Wilson cut

Mike Glennon appears to be on thin ice in Tampa.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I dont think I could forget the stipulation of that trade to the Jets included if they traded him to the Vikings (or maybe it was any other team) they get a kings ransom of picks/money (I cant recall exactly what it was).
I forgot about that stipulation. I think it was that he couldn't be traded to any team in the NFC North. The rumor was that the Vikings offered the Packers multiple first round picks for him, but the decision makers didn't want to take the PR hit.

I remember being a huge Jets fan that season, because the 3rd round pick would become a first round pick if the Jets won the Super Bowl (or something like that).

Last edited by WCH : 04-21-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Multiple firsts for a QB you were getting rid of, for Aaron ******* Rodgers and they said no? I would do that in a heart beat and say **** the PR aspect.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Multiple firsts for a QB you were getting rid of, for Aaron ******* Rodgers and they said no? I would do that in a heart beat and say **** the PR aspect.
I agreed with this even at the time; but Favre was a God in Green Bay, the Packers were transitioning from Bob Harlan to Mark Murphy as CEO (ie, elected Owner), Ted Thompson wasn't very popular with Packer fans, and Aaron Rodgers had barely played. They actually hired Ari Fleischer to handle the PR situation during the transition from Favre to Rodgers.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers was still far from a sure thing at the time. Sending one of the biggest stars of your franchise to a hated rival is never worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pryor traded to Seattle.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pryor traded to Seattle.
They want to make sure there's no QB controversy.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
I heard Ryan Nassib could be in danger of losing his roster spot with the addition of Josh Freeman. Last years QB class is already in terrible shape.

Geno Smith and EJ Manuel are most likely in a now or never position.

Matt Barkely is probably 3rd string with the addition of Mark Sanchez in Philly. I wouldn't be surprised if they are open to trading him.

Tyler Wilson cut

Mike Glennon appears to be on thin ice in Tampa.
Is Landry Jones being talked about at all? I haven't heard anything about him at all.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote